PDA

View Full Version : BRP Comfort Seat

ARtraveler
05-20-2013, 01:49 PM
A few of you asked me to report on our BRP Comfort seat once we got it installed on akspyderlady's 2011 RT. Just wanted to report that after a hundred mile ride without getting off the bikes, that all went well.

She liked the extra room provided for the driver as well as the extra support compared to the OEM seat. A winner. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
05-20-2013, 01:56 PM
:2thumbs:
As much as I hate to bring pricing into the issue... Aren't they just about the same price range as Corbin's offerings?

ARtraveler
05-20-2013, 02:04 PM
You are right on the pricing Bob. $600 for either flavor basic seat. Most that buy Corbin add one or two backrests at $299 and sometimes the heated option. I got a good deal on the Comfort seat so did a bit better.

Bob Denman
05-20-2013, 02:38 PM
So then this is strictly an issue of the features and feel of the seat... :thumbup:
Thanks...
(I'm still preferring the Ultimate... ;))

harrypottar
05-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Does the BRP comfort seat offer any different padding/support to the OEM, I thought the only difference was the two inches you gain in the seat. I like the idea of the extra two inches but my wife feels that spyder rear seat is tight fit as it is.

harry

Bob Denman
05-20-2013, 08:17 PM
That's one of the reasons that I'm digging the Ultimate; you can also get a matching passenger backrest that is cut to give the "Second-Seater" a bit more room... :thumbup:

ARtraveler
05-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Does the BRP comfort seat offer any different padding/support to the OEM, I thought the only difference was the two inches you gain in the seat. I like the idea of the extra two inches but my wife feels that spyder rear seat is tight fit as it is.

harry

Your passenger will lose a little more space with the BRP Comfort seat. There does seem to be better padding and support with the comfort seat. You do not go into the seat as far when sitting on it. We are both at the 200 # RANGE. I also put about 50 miles on the new seat and IMO, it is an improvement over the OEM.

RE: passenger room on the RT. I do believe it leaves a little to be desired for touring two up with bigger people. I liked the feature on my old Yamaha Venture (1983) where the top trunk could be adjusted forward or back to accomodate the passenger back rest better. We did 10K miles, two up, on the spyders the first summer, but I like the fact that we each have our own to drive now.

Bob Denman
05-21-2013, 02:13 PM
But now since you've both got a set of handlebars in front of you; :2thumbs: