PDA

View Full Version : P1614 Code

weapon
05-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know what this is for?
This is my first limp mode at 2400 km. and I am concerned.
It's a beautiful day and I can't ride.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Jeriatric
05-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Throttle idle position sensor. May need BUDS intervention. Dealer issue.

MidLifeCrisis
05-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Throttle body. Needs to be replaced if you get the code. Give the bike some time with the key out of the ignition, then try starting it again. If it does the same, try it again. Some folks have ridden many miles with the code popping up now and again, but it's tough to tell when it'll finally stop cooperating. Would get it to your dealer ASAP. You may want to give them heads up, because the part is shipped from BRP and may take a few days. My bike runs far better after it finally threw this code and got a new TB. It even got 34mpg a couple of times so far. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob Denman
05-20-2013, 12:33 PM
I rode mine with that code reaching up out of the bowels of the bike and pulling the plug for a couple of months... :shocked:
Essentially; the computer doesn't know how much throttle you're asking for, so it stops all of the fun! :yikes:
Had it replaced outside of the warranty; not nearly as bad as I feared it would be!

SpyderWolf
05-20-2013, 01:00 PM
In the OPs avatar it shows an RS. Is the error code the same for an RS and an RT? I knew about the RT throttle body issues but did not know the RS had the same problem. :dontknow:

Lamonster
05-20-2013, 01:05 PM
In the OPs avatar it shows an RS. Is the error code the same for an RS and an RT? I knew about the RT throttle body issues but did not know the RS had the same problem. :dontknow:

His is a ST and it's fly by wire too so the code would indicate a throttle body issue.

daveinva
05-20-2013, 01:06 PM

That's an ST, which relies on a similar (same?) throttle body as the RT.

Which of course was my first complaint when I heard the ST used the RT throttle body. Even after all the updates to the latter, I still don't trust it.

EDIT: Gotta be fast to beat Lamont to these threads!

SpyderWolf
05-20-2013, 01:07 PM
His is a ST and it's fly by wire too so the code would indicate a throttle body issue.

Thanks Lamont, that clears everything up for me. :thumbup:

Thanks to you as well Dave. I was posting the above reply when your reply came in.

weapon
05-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the help.
Off to the dealer it goes.

Jeriatric
05-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the help.
Off to the dealer it goes.

Keep us posted. :thumbup:

weapon
05-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Will do.

spydrluvr
05-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Throttle idle position sensor. May need BUDS intervention. Dealer issue.

My friend had this code on way home from spyderfest....we limped for quite a few miles until stopped at gas station. Once the tank was topped off...the spyder was good to go and she hasn't had a problem since. We think that at the previous gas stop, she didn't put the cap on tight.... :spyder2:

weapon
05-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Gas cap is definately tight. Good to know.
I also fueled up on the way home. got lucky and it started fine at the gas station.
Got home and I have not been able to get it to work since.
It goes in today.
I will keep you posted.

weapon
05-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Just heard back from the tech.
The problem is with the throttlebody.
He is replacing it with a new one.
I should have it back for the weekend.:yes:
very impressed with the service I get from my dealer.

SpyderWolf
05-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Glad to hear they will have it sorted out for you quickly. Hopefully this will be the only fix you need for a long time.

weapon
06-05-2013, 10:51 AM
I finally got a chance to ride since they replaced my throttle body. I have seen an increase in power and throttle response. It must have been wrong from the start.

MidLifeCrisis
06-05-2013, 11:41 AM
I finally got a chance to ride since they replaced my throttle body. I have seen an increase in power and throttle response. It must have been wrong from the start.

That's how I felt about the one on mine. It had oddities with it and I knew it wasn't right, but wouldn't code either. Once changed, it's been running better with a smoother power band.

Glad yours is back to healthy again. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mr. Bill
07-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Well "Weapon " I made it passed your 2400 Km........................... I made it to 3600 km, now I have a code P1614. I am riding an RT. Ltd. but a code is a code I guess. Thankful that we just finished up a week long trip on our new Spyder. This was our first trip on the Spyder and the first trip that my wife would join me on. Debbie will not do the trips on the two wheeler. I have to say that after over 2000 km. in the saddle during the past week I think touring on the Spyder is going to be real nice. This afternoon I called the dealer, service says it looks like throttle body. He said to get it in and I would have to leave it with them ................. wouldn't you know that it is Friday afternoon and we had a weekend of riding planned. Does anyone have an idea how long this fix generally takes? Looks like they will not get to it until the first of the week. Everything I have heard about my dealer and the service dept. has been very good. One of the main reasons we purchased from this dealer was the good reputation they had. We will see how things go.