PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Rt Seat Defect

EddieSpyder
05-20-2013, 11:37 AM
I have had my RT 2011 for a few months, bought it used with 560 miles on it. Now have about 1600 miles on it, warranty just expires about 20 days ago, and noticed seat cover is coming apart at the very front of seat by stitching. Has anyone else had or heard of this happening. Feel like that should not be happening. Is there a way to contact Can-Am to report this??

SpyderDen
05-20-2013, 11:48 AM
I have had my RT 2011 for a few months, bought it used with 560 miles on it. Now have about 1600 miles on it, warranty just expires about 20 days ago, and noticed seat cover is coming apart at the very front of seat by stitching. Has anyone else had or heard of this happening. Feel like that should not be happening. Is there a way to contact Can-Am to report this??

I noticed some bad stitching on my 2011 RTS seat during delivery. BRP replaced the seat for me at no charge. :dontknow:

Tuffguy1509
05-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Hey do no if this will help but I was at a dealer looking at a leftover 2012 and the seat was coming apart in the front ,it was new . The dealer told me they had a problem with this and it would be covered . I would call brp 1-888-272-9292 good luck

ARtraveler
05-20-2013, 01:13 PM
It has been awhile, but there has been mention of other RT seat stitching coming apart at the front of the seat. I believe those seats were replaced under warranty.

revjvegas
05-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Yup; got mine replaced just recently via warranty. It was just a single stitch that'd popped out on the right side of the seat.

Mickay
05-20-2013, 02:23 PM
The main concern is after warranty happen 4 time on my RTS 2010 and is start again and now no more warranty. The Spyder it's environnement friendly is maybe biodegrable.

Yup; got mine replaced just recently via warranty. It was just a single stitch that'd popped out on the right side of the seat.

EddieSpyder
07-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks everyone, unfortunatley mine started coming apart after warranty expired, 1 month. Put in an email to BRP about 3 weeks ago with pictures and no response.

Chupaca
07-03-2013, 04:35 PM
there have been threads on this subject. In most cases they were covered under warranty. BRP does take some time to respond but they do...!! :thumbup:

spyderpoop
07-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Eddiespyder sorry for your seat problem but I have learned after 20 to 30 emails to BRP they wont answer you if they can ignore they will your best to try to call them and get a voice on line and it may help you better then no response good luck Rich

EddieSpyder
07-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Eddiespyder sorry for your seat problem but I have learned after 20 to 30 emails to BRP they wont answer you if they can ignore they will your best to try to call them and get a voice on line and it may help you better then no response good luck Rich

Thanks for the advice, I will do that.....

MRH
07-04-2013, 03:53 PM
I don't have a suggestion regarding your seat, but I would strongly consider purchasing an extended warranty while you still can. Mine has paid for itself a few times over already.

Wiredux
07-04-2013, 09:41 PM
I just notices the stitching on my seat. I'll be giving BRP a call tomorrow.

cyclelover63
07-04-2013, 11:05 PM
My "LIMITED" seat emblem on my 2012 started unraveling at 500 miles...I put some "thread fray" sealer on it...seems to be ok now...Have to look at other stitching...but I already put a Utopia backrest on it

Wiredux
07-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Hey do no if this will help but I was at a dealer looking at a leftover 2012 and the seat was coming apart in the front ,it was new . The dealer told me they had a problem with this and it would be covered . I would call brp 1-888-272-9292 good luck

This number is not valid. Does anyone have another number?

Motorcycledave
07-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Several people have posted the same
complaint right here on this forum.
If your trike is out of warrenty just
take your seat off and go to any local
auto upholstery shop they can fix it for
you for very little cost. That front seat
seam in my opinion was a design flaw
but it can be reinforced.
Dave

EddieSpyder
07-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Here is the Response from BRP about my seat that stared to come apart after about 2000 miles and 1 month out of warranty, and I sent a post to them with about 5 pictures and now they are saying they did not receive it read below.........Mr. Bailey,

In response to your email referred below, I would like to reassure you that BRP is committed to the highest level of quality for products as well as consumer services.

Unfortunately, as you mentioned in your email, your unit is now out of warranty and there are no warranty claims associated to the seats on your unit at this time. Therefore there is nothing that BRP can do to assist you in this particular case.

Note that we have no records for you vehicles indicating that we have received an email and/or pictures from you related to this issue.

I will log this information under under file # 4163861, in case you wish to do a follow up.

Regards,

Liliana
Customer Service Representative
Représentant Service à la Clientèle

Bob Denman
07-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Eddie,
Did you save copies ofyour email?? If so; they could be your salvation! :thumbup:

spydergal
07-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Eddie,I have a practically new seat from my 2011 RT. I replaced it with an Ultimate Seat with backrest. Am asking $100.00 for it, plus shipping. If you are interested, contact Julie at bacherhaus@yahoo.com

flaggerphil
08-04-2013, 10:07 AM
My first seat started coming unraveled at around 1600 miles. Went to the dealer and it was replaced under warranty no questions asked. The second seat started coming unraveled less than 1000 miles later. Went to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty no questions asked. Did not go straight to BRP...to me that sounded counter intuitive. I've posted about this in the past. The third seat has had no problems since.

That being said, the first dealer I took the seat to claimed BRP wouldn't replace it because it was "cosmetic." That's not true, they just didn't care. That's one of the reasons I fired them and went to another dealer.

Now, if it's not under warranty, I'd go to a dealer first and see what they could do about getting a new seat or repairing the old one. I have no idea what it costs, but I, personally, wouldn't contact BRP about it. It's not their responsibility any more once it's out of warranty.

IMHO, when it's out of warranty either try and work something out with the dealer or go to a repair place.

Cruzr Joe
08-04-2013, 01:39 PM
If BRP will not warranty it, a local upholsterer can fix it for you.

Cruzr Joe