PDA

View Full Version : SE-5 transmission question

Cruzr Joe
05-20-2013, 10:45 AM
2013 RT Semi Auto Transmission.

When i first start off sometime i will coast down my driveway before actually trying to shift into first gear, i have to stop and then shift in order to be in first gear, is that normal? apparently it does not like to go from coasting to first gear. Any thoughts? :dontknow:

Cruzr Joe

ARCTIC
05-20-2013, 11:02 AM

When i first start off sometime i will coast down my driveway before actually trying to shift into first gear, i have to stop and then shift in order to be in first gear, is that normal? apparently it does not like to go from coasting to first gear. Any thoughts? :dontknow:

Cruzr Joe

Try holding the shift button in or double tapping ?

EnjoyingTheRyde
05-20-2013, 11:07 AM

Cruzr Joe

I noticed this on my ST this weekend, happened to be coasting slowly and it wouldn't go into gear until I stopped. I'll check my manual but I'm thinking it's a safety thing...

Jeriatric
05-20-2013, 11:16 AM
I coast to the street too. But, backwards :roflblack:

Bet it's a safety thing :dontknow: tho.

jthornton
05-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Joe, it will only shift from neutral to 1st or reverse when your stopped or almost stopped.

JT

Cruzr Joe
05-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks for all the help, i suspected that it was normal but thought i would check.

Cruzr Joe

rcturner
05-20-2013, 12:06 PM
I do this all the time. However, once you exceed 1 or 2 MPH, it will not go into gear. Done at 1 MPH it really cuts down on the clunk when going into gear.