PDA

View Full Version : HF Lift Table Mods

ironbuttdean
05-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Finished mods to my HF table this afternoon. As always, what the mechanically inclined could have done in two hours took me all weekend and three trips to Lowe's. Hope the pics are legible.

As you can see I don't have a lot of room to work with. The garage is actually an old carriage house offset to the side of our old victorian house. I can't get a straight line to exit from the garage backing out to the street. Below shows the lift in stored position. If I was better at backing the Spyder, I would leave it out from under the shelves and park the Spyder on it to free up room.

Now to get the nerve up to see if my HF 1000 lift can handle the RT-S. :sour:

Wish me luck or point me to the proper lifting table.

Dean

ironbuttdean
05-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Finished mods to my HF table this afternoon. As always, what the mechanically inclined could have done in two hours took me all weekend and three trips to Lowe's. Hope the pics are legible.

As you can see I don't have a lot of room to work with. The garage is actually an old carriage house offset to the side of our old victorian house. I can't get a straight line to exit from the garage backing out to the street. Below shows the lift in stored position. If I was better at backing the Spyder, I would leave it out from under the shelves and park the Spyder on it to free up room.

Now to get the nerve up to see if my HF 1000 lift can handle the RT-S. :sour:

Wish me luck or point me to the proper lifting table.

Dean

I owe Coz for the idea and advice during the process. Sorry I forgot to give him credit in the first post. I was too impressed with myself being able to post the pictures. :)

coz
05-19-2013, 07:31 PM
nice work dean, looks pretty good. it does take some practice to back on to it straight . it's tricky to center up the back wheel, which is no big deal if you're just parking on it. you don't want to be crooked on it when you raise it up. i seldom raise mine all the way, as i can do most of what i do sitting on my little h f roll around seat.:thumbup: always use the safety bar through the lifting arm holes, just in case.:thumbup: have you put the bike on it yet?