PDA

View Full Version : Bikers for Babies - Kansas City Ride

KCPete
05-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Coming down to the last few weeks! The B4B ride is Sept 22!

Check this out!! The Kansas City Spyder Ryders team is on top right now for team fundraising! Hit the links below and pledge a few dollars to a great cause, and support the efforts of a local KC group that's bringing some attention to Spyders and the people that ryde them!

http://www.bikersforbabieskc.com/bikers-for-babies-fundraising/topteams/

I'm sure most all of us is familiar with the March of Dimes - (remember when you used to actually go around collecting dimes in the little booklet?)

Since 1995, thousands of riders from 38 states have participated in the Kansas City Bikers for Babies ride. Since 2005, riders and sponsors have made this ride #1 among all March of Dimes rides and one of the top three one-day charity rides in the nation.

The Kansas City Spyder Ryders group has registered a team page following a meeting yesterday with representatives of the organization.

The date of the ride is Sunday September 22, 2013 and is out at the Kansas Speedway
400 Speedway Boulevard, Kansas City KS 66111

Below is the link to the KC Spyder Ryders Team page, where you can donate, sign up as another team member, as an individual, start a new team, whatever! I urge everyone to think seriously about signing up, registering, and coming out to Kansas City for the event!

I know from personal experience with the Spyderlovers family that we're all about helping people - especially the little ones who can't help themselves. After having a daughter born with a birth defect from which she was not expected to survive 24 hrs, I now have to start planning for a high-school graduation next year for my 11-grade honor student, so children-focused charities like the March of Dimes and others mean a lot to me.

Enough said! I invite everyone to check out the link below to the KC Spyder Ryders Team Page for the ride, and follow some of the other links there you'll see giving more information about the entire organization and the event itself.

Thanks so much!!

Pete & Janet Benson
KCPete & SpyderRocks

on behalf of the Kansas City Spyder Ryders

http://www.bikersforbabies.org/kansascity/kansascityspyderryders

SpyderRocks
05-19-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm a big supporter of March of Dimes too... I was a preemie baby and my mother always collected for March of Dimes. And, I work for Children's Mercy Hospital in KC, which benefits from March of Dimes programs.

So, we'd appreciate your donations, and come join us for the ryde in September! Need more Spyders:spyder2: to outshine those HDs (a dime a dozen here in KC where there's a plant).

KCPete
05-21-2013, 08:52 PM
bump, bumpity, bump

KCPete
07-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Getting closer - time to start bumping this one again!! :2thumbs: :pray:

KCPete
09-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Bump!!!

KCPete
09-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Only a few weeks out - updated the initial post!