PDA

View Full Version : My other weekend Rain project along with the windsheild vent holes.

StanProff
05-19-2013, 08:08 AM
I happened to be at Lamont's picking up some spyder emblems and he mentioned how this would look, He thought Teddy's red sled was done this way :dontknow: Is that right Teddy? I checked out his wheels on his black trailer that he sprayed this stuff on and followed suit. Made a stop at Advance auto and bought the Armor all plastic dip spray and jumped in the abyss again. not sure how durable it is but we'll find out. 68345683466834768348

kinggeek
05-19-2013, 08:44 AM
I did the same thing. It looks real good and is stone simple to do! I think I will need to switch to bed liner like dave & teddy or paint because normal riding has started to make it come off in areas already. It just skins not hold up to shoes and boots so well.

StanProff
05-19-2013, 09:24 AM
I did the same thing. It looks real good and is stone simple to do! I think I will need to switch to bed liner like dave & teddy or paint because normal riding has started to make it come off in areas already. It just skins not hold up to shoes and boots so well.

I agree, I don't think it will tolerate the boots around the footrest. I will run it a while, and liking the looks of it, I'll probally respray with undercoating or bedliner. I have some undercoating that comes out a lot smoother than bedliner. might use that.

Johnny_Swindle
05-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Very nice.....I like it alot. I will add it to my "when I have time list". That #$@% list keeps getting longer and longer.:yikes:

I happened to be at Lamont's picking up some spyder emblems and he mentioned how this would look, He thought Teddy's red sled was done this way :dontknow: Is that right Teddy? I checked out his wheels on his black trailer that he sprayed this stuff on and followed suit. Made a stop at Advance auto and bought the Armor all plastic dip spray and jumped in the abyss again. not sure how durable it is but we'll find out. 68345683466834768348

Bob Denman
05-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Stan,
VERY nice indeed! :clap: :2thumbs:
Bedliner would seem to be ideal; that stuff is pretty darn tough! :thumbup:

StanProff
05-19-2013, 01:17 PM
This spray stuff is cheap, 12.00 for a good size spray can. when it starts coming off (if it does) I'll go with undercoat or bedliner spray. I like the looks much better than the factory finish.