PDA

View Full Version : belt guard

azjerry
05-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Any ST owners install Spyderpops belt guard? I ordered one, the instructions are for RT and GS/RS. I sent a message to Spyderpops but since it is the weekend I would not expect answer til Mon so thought I would ask the group.

thanks.

capt.jim
05-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Any ST owners install Spyderpops belt guard? I ordered one, the instructions are for RT and GS/RS. I sent a message to Spyderpops but since it is the weekend I would not expect answer til Mon so thought I would ask the group.

thanks. It should fit.

azjerry
05-19-2013, 07:32 PM
I figured it would, got an email from Spyderpops that said it will. I was just wondering if I have to remove anything to fit it in there.

azjerry
05-19-2013, 10:05 PM
OK, got it done. Those nuts on inside of the belt guard are a real pita.

spyderdan
05-20-2013, 12:04 AM

It is alot cheaper than a new belt! Recommended by Can-Am Dealer mechanic to avoid buying a new belt.

Chupaca
05-20-2013, 01:22 AM

In the instructions for the guard for my RS, they recommended replacing the stock nuts with the clip on nuts used on the side panels. Picked some up at the auto store. 6mm x 1.25 made it a whole lot easier. :dontknow:

azjerry
05-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Yes, I did replace the nuts with the enclosed clip on nuts when I re installed the guard. It was removing the original nuts that was difficult. I also think I cross-threaded the front torx screw of the guard when putting it back in. Its in for now, maybe I'll re tap it someday, maybe not.

ARCTIC
05-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Yes, I did replace the nuts with the enclosed clip on nuts when I re installed the guard. It was removing the original nuts that was difficult. I also think I cross-threaded the front torx screw of the guard when putting it back in. Its in for now, maybe I'll re tap it someday, maybe not.

Cross threads are better than no threads. :roflblack: