PDA

View Full Version : Intallled FB's CB today

hotglue
05-17-2013, 10:59 PM
I gotta tell ya.... gettin' in to work on the ST is a WHOLE lot different than working on the RS....
Just getting the body panels on and off was a CHORE!!!!! they don't fit right..... next time I do it.. I'll drill new holes.. about 1/2" off the center of the ones on the body panels to make them fit....the mirrors were an experience that will be a WHOLE lot easier next time!!!!.... I learned some new words today... and increased my vocabulary.....nojoke .... 3 different size bolt heads.... one hex, and two different sizes of torx... on the same panel... and some are hidden where ya don't know what they are....til ya find that ya don't have a wrench that fits.....AKKKKKKKKK. Make sure ya have some baggies ta put the bolts in.. and mark where they came from....so ya can put it back together..... ( wish I had done that)

But... it is all back together!!!! FB is Happy Happy Happy .. and she has her CB... and rear luggage rack!!!!
no bolts left over!!!!:yes:

flamingobabe
05-18-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm a lucky women....he's a great guy to have around...kinda cute...too

AbNormy
05-18-2013, 05:04 PM
:thumbup:

From Deep in the Hart of Texas!

SpyderAnn01
05-18-2013, 05:16 PM
It is pretty obvious that the engineers who design these machines would never in a million years try to work on them.

NitroCircus Spyder
05-18-2013, 05:18 PM
I gotta tell ya.... gettin' in to work on the ST is a WHOLE lot different than working on the RS....
Just getting the body panels on and off was a CHORE!!!!! they don't fit right..... next time I do it.. I'll drill new holes.. about 1/2" off the center of the ones on the body panels to make them fit....the mirrors were an experience that will be a WHOLE lot easier next time!!!!.... I learned some new words today... and increased my vocabulary.....nojoke .... 3 different size bolt heads.... one hex, and two different sizes of torx... on the same panel... and some are hidden where ya don't know what they are....til ya find that ya don't have a wrench that fits.....AKKKKKKKKK. Make sure ya have some baggies ta put the bolts in.. and mark where they came from....so ya can put it back together..... ( wish I had done that)

But... it is all back together!!!! FB is Happy Happy Happy .. and she has her CB... and rear luggage rack!!!!
no bolts left over!!!!:yes:

Great job Mark! :2thumbs: :clap: :bowdown:

NitroCircus Spyder
05-18-2013, 05:22 PM

:ohyea: :2thumbs: Very lucky indeed and I'm sure you were doing some of these when he was done! :yes::yes::yes:

ataDude
05-18-2013, 05:36 PM

I think hotglue is lucky! He has a great woman (FB) but she is, apparently, partially blind. :joke:

hotglue
05-18-2013, 09:26 PM
I think hotglue is lucky! He has a great woman (FB) but she is, apparently, partially blind. :joke:
I am a LUCKY man....Works for me!!!!! I hide her glasses every chance I get!!!!!

spydermyke990
05-19-2013, 06:43 AM
Is it the rt cb kit? I'll agree, the st's body work is a total pain to work with, I had to pull almost all of the front body work just to put in the 12v outlet, and I invented plenty of new words, I think some in strange languages lol

flamingobabe
05-19-2013, 07:37 AM
not rt kit....a J&M cb.....had it on the 2009 RS

hotglue
05-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Spydermyke, This is the unit we took off of the 09 RS and put on the ST-L.
http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=38

It mounted great onto the Butler drink holder bolt on the forward side of the clamp.:yes:

azjerry
05-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Could you post a picture of where/how the unit is mounted?

flamingobabe
05-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Could you post a picture of where/how the unit is mounted? 6848468485

azjerry
05-21-2013, 08:52 AM
very nice thanks for the pics.

clueless
06-05-2013, 04:01 PM
any tips on what you do differently if doing it again. definitely doing this on the new ST.

thanks! figure learn from others ....

RetiredCGRider
06-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Spydermyke, This is the unit we took off of the 09 RS and put on the ST-L.
http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=38

It mounted great onto the bolt on the forward side of the clamp.:yes:

Hi,
What is the model of the drink holder, and what support bar did you use on the J&M??

Thanks

hotglue
06-20-2013, 06:02 AM
Hi,
What is the model of the drink holder, and what support bar did you use on the J&M??

Thanks The drink holder is a Butler, made for the RT, also fits the ST. The support plate that the J&M mounts to is the same one I used on FB's RS. I think I used one for a Yamaha J&M mount.... I was in a CB shop that had a bunch of different mounts and picked one that would work on the RS the way I had it mounted. To make it work on this bike, I had to turn it upside down. It is bolted to the radio with only 2 screws instead of 3..... seems solid, but if I ever get to a shop that has a selection I can pick up and look over some different mounting plates, I may pick a different one so I can get the 3rd screw in place. Or I could build one..... (that would probably be easier)