PDA

View Full Version : Going from Hindle back to stock, and issues?

NoJive
05-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Thinking about removing the Hindle and going back to the stock pipe. Wondering if there is any issues doing this? I know there was an ECM update awhile back that helped cure the stuttering problems with the Hindle....but I could never find out if that was a specific Hindle update, or just a normal one.

NancysToy
05-17-2013, 05:53 PM
It was not muffler specific.

NoJive
05-18-2013, 02:36 PM
So I was able to get a new stock pipe from my dealer, and upon pulling the Hindle off I noticed it had no gasket! I'm assuming it had one at one time, and if so, that was the cause of my problems. The stock pipe is very smooth though, so I may have a Hindle for sale.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

NancysToy
05-18-2013, 07:54 PM
The Hindle has no gasket. It is a metal-to-metal seal (much like automobiles), although a little sealant and/or retightening is sometimes necessary

NoJive
05-18-2013, 09:27 PM
The Hindle has no gasket. It is a metal-to-metal seal (much like automobiles), although a little sealant and/or retightening is sometimes necessary

Thanks for the info, think I'll stick with the stock pipe then!

Questions
06-04-2013, 05:47 PM
If you want to sale the hindel, let me know, I have a stock pipe in good shape if you want to work out a trade.

NoJive
06-04-2013, 09:01 PM
If you want to sale the hindel, let me know, I have a stock pipe in good shape if you want to work out a trade.

Sorry, I bought a new stock pipe from my dealer, and just sold the Hindle.