PDA

View Full Version : SpyderFest 2014 Dates?

Bob Denman
05-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Have plans already been started for the party?
The reason that I ask:
The Annual NRA convention is scheduled for April 25th to the 27th in Indianapolis... :shocked:
Will there be a conflict with the dates?

bullant12
05-17-2013, 09:32 AM
They usually don't release dates until the end of the year... but to add to the list: the Knights of Columbus State Convention is on the same time...:chat:

bruiser
05-17-2013, 09:43 AM
The dates were released at Spyderfest. April 24-28 2014.

boomboom1
05-17-2013, 11:10 AM
That is a shame.:opps:

murphybrown
05-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Have plans already been started for the party?
The reason that I ask:
The Annual NRA convention is scheduled for April 25th to the 27th in Indianapolis... :shocked:
Will there be a conflict with the dates?

Choices, choices..is it not great that we have options..I am a lifetime NRA member who has never had a desire to attend their convention. Based on my past enjoyment and participation, my decision is easy..SPYDERFEST 2014..:yes:

Bob Denman
05-17-2013, 11:32 AM
:agree: But... I've got 5 fellow Benefactor Members here in Town, who want to start making plans... :shocked:
At least I can tell them that I'll leave a trail of breadcrumbs for them to follow to Indy :thumbup:

joet82
05-17-2013, 12:12 PM
The dates that are currently floating around aren't official. The dates won't be set till MoGang and Mr Pitbull have their meeting in November. They have had no such meeting and Len has not put any dates out.

Bob Denman
05-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Thanks! :thumbup:
There seems to be a lot of support for the Second Amendment in here; I just wanted them to know about those Convention dates in case they might feel some concern about it pulling from SpyderFest's attendance numbers...

PrairieSpyder
05-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Maybe you could have a mini Spyderfest at the NRA meeting.

ARtraveler
05-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Some clarification maybe?

Posters have stated in the thread that the dates were announced and firm and others have stated that the dates would not be announced until November.

I know that there are already those that have confirmed rooms for the next Spyderfest based on the announcement of the dates when SF was in its last days this year.

Maybe an "official" announcement so people will know for sure. :bbq::bbq::bbq:

Bob Denman
05-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Maybe you could have a mini Spyderfest at the NRA meeting.
Or get Wayne LaPierre to come down, and be the flag-man at our Drag races next year?

Littlebadwolf
05-17-2013, 02:43 PM
I may upset some folks but here's my opinion...It's up to the MOGang as to when the Spyderfest is going to be held..They're the one's that have to deal with all the logistics and everything else that it takes to put on a show like they do. They can't work around individual schedules...If you're available, and it's a priority to you to attend, then you've got to make a choice...whether it be the NRA (which I'm a member of), or any other event. This is true with any event that's presented on this forum....I'd love to go to every event but it just doesn't work, either because of conflicts with other events, money or whatever. Let the people that put these events on do thier job....wait...I take that back...They don't get paid for thier efforts. There are more than enough events planned during the year to take care of our desire to travel, meet up with other Spyder riders or whatever. I may be wrong with my thinking, but I don't think so. Remember, my post isn't meant to tick anybody off....Larry

Bob Denman
05-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi Larry,
I wasn't meaning to say that I'd prefer to go to Indy; I was just pointing out a potential conflict with a convention that should have enough of a draw to it, that it might be worth keeping in mind...
That's all! :D

Littlebadwolf
05-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Hi Larry,
I wasn't meaning to say that I'd prefer to go to Indy; I was just pointing out a potential conflict with a convention that should have enough of a draw to it, that it might be worth keeping in mind...
That's all! :DI understand Bob....I'm not attacking anybody here...It's just a fact that there's gonna be conflicts with other events and we all have to make our choices....There's always something that's important to somebody when it comes to events, and conflicts with other events...Regardless of which event you choose to attend you're gonna enjoy it....and there's gonna be a lot of Spyder events to attend...I wish I could clone myself...go to them all...

Dochands
05-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Not to shoot my mouth off but I'd rather go to something peaceful and pleasurable like Spyderfest. lol

Bob Denman
05-17-2013, 05:10 PM
:agree: The peaceful surroundings just made it easy to contemplate life's truly important issues at a leisurely pace...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DaIHoBAzeaA

joet82
05-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Some clarification maybe?

Posters have stated in the thread that the dates were announced and firm and others have stated that the dates would not be announced until November.

I know that there are already those that have confirmed rooms for the next Spyderfest based on the announcement of the dates when SF was in its last days this year.

Maybe an "official" announcement so people will know for sure. :bbq::bbq::bbq:

When I saw the dates posted on a previous thread. I contacted Len personally and asked him about it. He asked me to take care of it and put a stop to is as no dates have even been talked about. As of right now, and till Nov, all dates that have been passed are hearsay. Not saying you can't take a chance on booking rooms for the weekend that's been passed, just be prepared to change the dates.

So, officially, there is NOTHING official.

joet82
05-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Also, Bob, every event can't be given its own week. Lol. Even Spyders in the Redwoods has been scheduled on the same week as Stugis every year. So people have had to make a choice there as well.

Bob Denman
05-17-2013, 05:53 PM

Thanks for this clarification! :thumbup:

SpyderMeLucky
05-19-2013, 08:15 AM
When I saw the dates posted on a previous thread. I contacted Len personally and asked him about it. He asked me to take care of it and put a stop to is as no dates have even been talked about. As of right now, and till Nov, all dates that have been passed are hearsay. Not saying you can't take a chance on booking rooms for the weekend that's been passed, just be prepared to change the dates.

Here are my thoughts on the concerns for dates and conflict of two events:

1. Most people want to place their hotel reservations so they know they HAVE a room for SpyderFest. AND most of those hotels offer a "courtesy" reservation, which means you can still cancel or move reservations if the date changes and/or if your plans change (conflicts w/job, injury, weather, the list goes on).

2. If I wanted to attend both functions and didn't have a concrete date for one of them (example: SpyderFest), then I would make sure I had my hotel res. set up for the one unknown (SpyderFest), then make a courtesy reservation for the other event just in case it would work out that you could attend both functions.

3. Since a decision for SpyderFest will be made MONTHS in advance, there would be more than ample time to cancel one of the conflicting hotel and event reservations should it happen .

4. As some posters have already said, there are other spyder events popping up throughout the year and there are more choices to which spyder event you want to participate.

5. My opinion and mine alone: My preference would always be SpyderFest first. Call it tradition, the camaraderie, friendships made, the vendors, the farkles, the spyders en masse, and/or Len and MoGang. They can throw an event that 99.9% of those who attend WANT to come back to. It's more or less centrally located in the USA, which makes it easier for most to travel. It's one great event.

After reading #5, I realize this opinion of mine will NOT be only mine after all. There will be lots of you with the same thinking. Lol

Stepping down off my box. Hope to see everyone at SpyderFest 2014 whenever the date will be. :yes:

joet82
05-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Here are my thoughts on the concerns for dates and conflict of two events:

1. Most people want to place their hotel reservations so they know they HAVE a room for SpyderFest. AND most of those hotels offer a "courtesy" reservation, which means you can still cancel or move reservations if the date changes and/or if your plans change (conflicts w/job, injury, weather, the list goes on).

2. If I wanted to attend both functions and didn't have a concrete date for one of them (example: SpyderFest), then I would make sure I had my hotel res. set up for the one unknown (SpyderFest), then make a courtesy reservation for the other event just in case it would work out that you could attend both functions.

3. Since a decision for SpyderFest will be made MONTHS in advance, there would be more than ample time to cancel one of the conflicting hotel and event reservations should it happen .

4. As some posters have already said, there are other spyder events popping up throughout the year and there are more choices to which spyder event you want to participate.

5. My opinion and mine alone: My preference would always be SpyderFest first. Call it tradition, the camaraderie, friendships made, the vendors, the farkles, the spyders en masse, and/or Len and MoGang. They can throw an event that 99.9% of those who attend WANT to come back to. It's more or less centrally located in the USA, which makes it easier for most to travel. It's one great event.

Stepping down off my box. Hope to see everyone at SpyderFest 2014 whenever the date will be. :yes:

Agreed, but I didn't say wether people couldn't or shouldn't make reservations, just that they should be ready to change it, as explained by the courtesy reservation.

Kungfuspyder
05-19-2013, 09:00 AM
No matter what the dates are, I plan to be there, had a grand time meeting everyone there.:thumbup:

bruiser
05-19-2013, 09:03 AM
The dates I mentioned were posted by the MoGang on the noteboard at the Comfort Inn. So now they are not official?

PrairieSpyder
05-19-2013, 09:06 AM
No matter what the dates are, I plan to be there, had a grand time meeting everyone there.:thumbup:

:agree:

joet82
05-19-2013, 09:32 AM
The dates I mentioned were posted by the MoGang on the noteboard at the Comfort Inn. So now they are not official?

MoGang is not in charge of SF. Len is.

EllijaySpyder
05-19-2013, 09:40 AM
I made reservations for April 14-18 2014 at Baymont Inn and Suites Springfield South
It had good reviews from 2013.
If dates change I can rebook.

Reservation:

1 King Bed Business Room No smoking;1 King Bed Non Smoking Business Class Room
with free Wi-Fi, refrigerator and microwave Maximum occupancy: 3 people

Stay:

1 Room(s), 5 Night(s)

Occupancy:

2 Adult(s), 0 Children 13-17, 0 Children 0-12

Check in:

Sunday, 04/13/2014 After 3:00 PM

Check Out:

Friday, 04/18/2014 Before 12:00 PM

Stay 3 Save 20 Percent

Tax

Total for 5 nite Stay*

20% Off
USD
71.96 USD

Melody & Jerry Meinhardt

50.73 USD

$410.53

rugbyruth
01-05-2014, 05:04 AM
sounds like a great event. I hope i can attend/get off work for this event, coming for california will be a very long trip so need alot of time off from work.:yes::yes::yes: