PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know if Maggie Valley will have any vendors outside the fairground

rabtech
05-16-2013, 10:42 PM
I am probably going to trailer both spyders up on 12th and get settled in. Then I would love to find a vendor sells exhaust for the ST. I wouldn't even mind keeping my hands clean and letting them install it. If not I will have one of my tool chest with me for an evening install...

My wife like to ride but she also like to shop and its hard to bring back larger items with a bike. And last time we rode to Nashville "I" wanted to buy some concrete statues you set on the pillars at the end of the driveway and couldn't. Just never know what you run into when your out and about....

P.S. The statues were Chinese Pugs. They were cool looking....

SpyderAnn01
05-16-2013, 11:07 PM
There will not be any vendors at the BRP sponsored event but there may be some at Lamont's or elsewhere around town.

rabtech
05-16-2013, 11:23 PM
There will not be any vendors at the BRP sponsored event but there may be some at Lamont's or elsewhere around town.

I got the email from BRP saying that there wouldn't be any inside the fairground. I was just hoping someone knew if there would be any setup in Maggie Valley. Maybe with fingers crossed there will be a few,,,,

SpyderAnn01
05-16-2013, 11:26 PM
The last time the event was in Maggie Valley a few vendors tried to set up but were shut down by the local authorities. Seems they have some pretty strict rules regarding temporary businesses.

mac spyder
05-17-2013, 06:30 AM
I have no clue about the vendors but I can relate to the wife shopping. My wife has found that you can pretty well purchase anything and have it mailed back home. The no space for packages hasn't slowed her down.

bullant12
05-17-2013, 07:20 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?52276-Vendors-at-the-Owner-s-Event

The Owner's Event is totally different from Spyderfest or similar venues because this is sponsored by the manufacturer. If you are looking to shop for mods, this is not the event because a) This is BRP's way to say thanks to the owners and they are only going to sell their products on the fairgrounds and b) as stated in the posts on the above link (and mentioned by SpyderAnn), Maggie Valley's Chamber of Commerce makes it difficult for roaming vendors to set up shop, although some have found their way around it. But the purpose of this event is to have fun by rYding!:yes:

MarkLawson
05-17-2013, 07:39 AM
I was with SpyderPops two years ago when the Police shut him down. He had set up just outside the fairgrounds entrance. When he tried to get a vendors license at City Hall, they would not give him one because they did not want him to compete against resident businesses. He did set up elsewhere and also at Lamont's BBQ.

Don't count on many vendors in Maggie Valley.

EllijaySpyder
05-17-2013, 07:57 AM
I talked to Harvey at Spyderpops and they will have there booth there. They plan to set up in the parking lot of The Wheels through Time museum where they will be selling and installing there products.

cyclelover63
05-20-2013, 04:12 PM
I would like to get a Utopia backrest installed at Maggie Valley..Anyone heard if a vendor will be there?..Utopia said they never go to events,but certain vendors do buy from them and go to events...She wasn't aware of anyone coming