PDA

View Full Version : Good News for Riders Considering the SM10 Dongle

coastrider
05-16-2013, 05:33 PM
It works with the Cardo G9! Just set them both to "pairing", turn off the external speakers in preferences, and you're good to go. You can even boost the volume levels by double tapping the dongle's pairing button.
:yes:

mdale46
05-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Just what I have been waiting to hear. Thanks for the post. We also have G-9's and I have not been able to get the answer I was looking for until now. :spyder2:

DR Buck
05-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Does it affect any of the other functions of the G9s? Things like the intercom or cellphone pairing?

coastrider
05-19-2013, 10:44 AM
I haven't had the chance to try it with the GPS, intercom, and phone. I'll post the result when I do.

DR Buck
05-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Does it affect any of the other functions of the G9s? Things like the intercom or cellphone pairing?

I think I found the cell phone pairing answer on another site. NO! Cell phone is hard connected via wire. That means if you ride 2-up one of you will not be linked to your phone.

Still like to know how it impacts intercom?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Spydered
05-22-2013, 11:52 AM
I think I found the cell phone pairing answer on another site. NO! Cell phone is hard connected via wire. That means if you ride 2-up one of you will not be linked to your phone.

Still like to know how it impacts intercom?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I pair my cell phone to the GPS and the GPS to the Sena SMH10. The BT dongle servers as the means to get the RT's entertainment to the Sena SMH'10s. Works fine.

DR Buck
05-22-2013, 12:00 PM
I pair my cell phone to the GPS and the GPS to the Sena SMH10. The BT dongle servers as the means to get the RT's entertainment to the Sena SMH'10s. Works fine.

I do want to pair the entertainment with G9s, which it appears I can do without any problem. But normally when I ride 2 up with the wife we each pair our own phones individually to our own G9. Then even using the intercom (bluetooth) mode between us, we each still have our cell phones connected and can hold separate private phone conversations. Can this still be done with the SM10 is the real question?