PDA

View Full Version : Has any one have the rear light stay on when the unit is turned off !

Edsts
05-16-2013, 05:19 AM
For some reason my light stays on I turned the key to the off position and still stays on , bike is at the dealer now for my first service so they gonna chk it .

revjvegas
05-16-2013, 07:19 AM
Not exactly sure if this is what you mean, but I know on mine if I have it in reverse when I stop the bike, then the back up lights do stay on, but only for the same amount of time that all the other lights stay on while the computer powers down. Then they all go off together.

lookerjdc
05-16-2013, 07:43 AM
yes, its happened to me a couple of times and I simply tap the brake pedal and they go off

Bob Ledford
05-16-2013, 08:14 AM
The 2011 RTL the lights stay on for a very short period then auto power down if that is what your referring to?

Sonrisa
05-16-2013, 10:29 AM
yes, its happened to me a couple of times and I simply tap the brake pedal and they go off

This has happened to me as well. I have looked at the brake pedal to "see" if was stuck and it doesn't appear to be the problem. I think it could be the microswitch that activates when the brake is depressed.
I have a 2010 RTS with 28K + miles

jerpinoy
05-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Momentarily only:yes::yes:

Edsts
05-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Bike at the dealer getting first service . I brought it to the techs attention and they notice it and said they would check it out . Once find out the problem I will posted up so others can pin point the problem too .

Kharon
05-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Yes, I recently bought my STL a couple of weeks ago. I was getting a little frustrated with the fact that the battery was constantly draining and stranding me. The dealership replaced the battery and after the second time it drained they found the problem. There was a small grommet behind the brake pedal that was sticking out too far and preventing the brake lever releasing all the way. It was making just enough connection to drain my battery. Well its been almost two weeks now and I haven't had a problem since. So it looks like we figured out the problem.:spyder2:

Zenagirl
05-17-2013, 07:06 PM

I do the same thing as the above. I tap on my brake pedal as well, and they turn off.

Edsts
05-19-2013, 07:07 PM
I picked up my sts and when I ask the tech bout the light , his reply was that of I must of left the key in it or maybe I was on the brake . He said he check out the bike and it was find , so as I got the bike home I turned the bike off and remove the key after a few seconds the head light turns off then the rear light was stood on , so I took pictures and video and sent it to the dealer . Funny thing is at the shop when picking the bike up I tried to get the light to stay on but it did not stay on lol . I do live next to a cemetery maybe there a ghost in the bike lol.

NancysToy
05-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Sounds like a sticky or misadjusted brake switch, something interfering with complete return of the pedal, or a sticking brake pedal. Also sounds like a half-hearted technician. Stand in the door and shout if you have to, to get their attention. The responsibility to fix it is on them. Hopefully you can get them to realize that without contacting BRP Customer Service to get them involved. Sorry your dealer is a dud!

The Wanderer
05-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Yes, it happened several times so I took it to the dealer. There was a defect with the parking brake. Replaced it under warranty and I was on my way.

pricemc1
05-30-2013, 07:48 AM
For some reason my light stays on I turned the key to the off position and still stays on , bike is at the dealer now for my first service so they gonna chk it .

I've seen this issue once on my ST-L when I parked it. When it happened I noticed that if the brake pedal is very slightly depressed the light would stay on. If I lifted the pedal it would stay off. I haven't had it back to the dealer yet since this happened but I will definitely have them check it when its in. While I've only seen it happen once while the bike was parked but I'm concerned that it may be happening on the road when I lightly brake the pedal could be sticking a little and perhaps people behind me might be seeing my brake lights on when I'm not really braking anymore.