PDA

View Full Version : Saying good by to Spyder

J W Miller
05-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Traded 2010 RTS Spyder for a used Road Smith Goldwing trike couple weeks ago. We have lost all faith in our Spyder do to to much shop time and also myself spending to much work time and mods to make it better. The Goldwing trike will never ride as good or stop as good as a Spyder can. Spyder is really a fun machine. I also never really liked high rpm motors screaming down the road. I really never got over the low rpm torque, quietness of a wing. At 76 years of age all we look for is a nice depenable easy bike to ride for our long trips we plan on for this summer. Found that Spyder just not our cup of tea. Wish to thank every one on this Board for all your help the last 3 years. Will be on Lamonts wing Board of course. Please do not take this as a Spyder bashing post as it is not ment to be that at all.

SpyderAnn01
05-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Best of luck to you and I hope you have many happy miles on your new ride.

Bazeel
05-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Enjoy the 'Wing, buddy! Hope to see you on the road sometime!

Chupaca
05-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Sorry to hear but good luck with the wing. Be careful be safe..!! :thumbup:

NancysToy
05-15-2013, 06:53 AM
Everyone has his or her own idea of the "perfect" vehicle to suit his or her needs. It would be a dull world if we all drove Chevy Malibus. We wish you well!

Bob Denman
05-15-2013, 06:56 AM
:lecturef_smilie: Don't become a stranger in here; you're family now! :2thumbs:
Besides; we can all appreciate ANY ride that is out on the road being enjoyed; some pictures would be pretty neat!

MouthPiece
05-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Now THAT is a really "classy" way of saying goodbye. I wish you all the best.

Chris

harrypottar
05-15-2013, 07:22 AM
Good luck with the new trike. After coming off a wing myself I have to agree that one of the hardiest things is keeping the revs up. I know it's not but it sounds like your thrashing the spyder. I prefer the spyder ride overall but its hard to beat the flat 6 for smooth torquey ride.

have fun, ride safe.

harry

SpyderWolf
05-15-2013, 07:26 AM
Best of luck with your new trike, I truly hope it meets all of your expectations and gives you many miles of enjoyment. :thumbup:

spydercatjohn
05-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Traded 2010 RTS Spyder for a used Road Smith Goldwing trike couple weeks ago. We have lost all faith in our Spyder do to to much shop time and also myself spending to much work time and mods to make it better. The Goldwing trike will never ride as good or stop as good as a Spyder can. Spyder is really a fun machine. I also never really liked high rpm motors screaming down the road. I really never got over the low rpm torque, quietness of a wing. At 76 years of age all we look for is a nice depenable easy bike to ride for our long trips we plan on for this summer. Found that Spyder just not our cup of tea. Wish to thank every one on this Board for all your help the last 3 years. Will be on Lamonts wing Board of course. Please do not take this as a Spyder bashing post as it is not ment to be that at all.

If Honda made a factory Goldwing trike and it was priced near the Spyder I would buy it just for that motor. Good luck with the Wing. .

mclaw44
05-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Good luck with the WING! and don't say good bye but see ya next time. Where ever paths cross, on the web or the road its always good to hear and see a friend.

ARtraveler
05-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear you are moving on. That, said, enjoy your new ride and don't be a total stranger. :thumbup:

lookerjdc
05-15-2013, 02:29 PM
as others have said, enjoy your ryde:doorag: whatever the ryde you choose

safe ryding

jerpinoy
05-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Good luck to your new ride. Keep in touch