PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my purple duct tape

jat4736
05-14-2013, 09:49 PM
On my way down to Sypderfest, my bike got hit by a 2x4.---so now have purple duct tape with black spyders.---so pretty LOL
I have my parts now to fix it and I would like to do it myself. My concern is replacing the fender over the wheel cause of the wiring and such.
I would appreciate any advice/help/video in replacing it, plus any input with the black part under the duct tape.

Thanks

SpyderAnn01
05-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Do you have a service manual? That would be a big help as it would give you step by step instructions. Good luck.

wyliec
05-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Getting the connectors apart can present some challenges.
They do come apart you just have to figure out where to push before/during the pull.
Careful inspection is the way to find out.

This is so true.

Bob Denman
05-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Anne's right; the shop manual will go a long way to help ease your trepidation... :shocked:
And Roger's already given you the lowdown on the fender... :thumbup:
Good Luck! Please let us know how it all goes back together for you! :2thumbs:
But what happened that you ended up in a chance encounter with a 2x4?? :yikes:

jat4736
05-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Anne's right; the shop manual will go a long way to help ease your trepidation... :shocked:
And Roger's already given you the lowdown on the fender... :thumbup:
Good Luck! Please let us know how it all goes back together for you! :2thumbs:
But what happened that you ended up in a chance encounter with a 2x4?? :yikes:

There was a semi ahead of me, he swerve to miss two little 2x4. Front tires missed them, back tires hit them, they went flying and bouncing. I swerved to miss them,with the thought of not letting my tires go off the road. Miss one, the other hit my fender and took out the part that is being held in with duct tape. Didn't think there was any damage till about 2 miles down the road, after I pass that truck. (First time I got my bike up to 95 miles per hour)

jat4736
05-24-2013, 04:08 PM
MY Baby is fixed, no more purple duct tape.
Thank you all for the info.
I hope to have a new ride in two years LOL and already thinking about repainting it ---Kameleon color. But two years is long time and being a female, I can change my mind. LOL

Have fun and ride safe

Bob Denman
05-25-2013, 09:06 AM
Glad to hear it! :2thumbs:
How about a pic; showing that all is right with your Spycer's World again? ;)
(It helps to erase the bad memories!)