PDA

View Full Version : RAM Mount on RT Handlebars

bullant12
05-14-2013, 05:58 PM
Other's have chimed on this, but this is the way I made the RAM mont connect on my RT handlebars:

You will need:
1) Metric socket cap, Stainless steel 18-8, 10mm x 1.5mm x 60mm
2) Metric spacers, Nylon black, 10mm, 10mm (15mm O.D.) I bought the spacers and bolts at Boltdepot.com
3) 68141 RAM-B-272U

Remove the bolt from the handlebar (note: the OEM bolt head size is different from the one you will substitute). Replace with the original washer, spacer and part #3 listed here and bolt back in.

Here is the final result: 68142

PrairieSpyder
05-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks for posting this.

NancysToy
05-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Good job, but I would recommend that you replace the nylon spacers with metal. Those capscrews hold the handlebars on, and should be carefully torqued to a firm connection, which is impossible with the nylon in there. BTW, loctite to replace the ScotchGrip on the original capscrews is essential. Loose handlebars are an accident waiting to happen.

StillKickin
05-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Where did you buy the Ram Mount, the "ball", what size is that inquiring minds want to know? TIA

Other's have chimed on this, but this is the way I made the RAM mont connect on my RT handlebars:

You will need:
1) Metric socket cap, Stainless steel 18-8, 10mm x 1.5mm x 60mm
2) Metric spacers, Nylon black, 10mm, 10mm (15mm O.D.) I bought the spacers and bolts at Boltdepot.com
3) 68141 RAM-B-272U

Remove the bolt from the handlebar (note: the OEM bolt head size is different from the one you will substitute). Replace with the original washer, spacer and part #3 listed here and bolt back in.

Here is the final result: 68142

bullant12
05-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Where did you buy the Ram Mount, the "ball", what size is that inquiring minds want to know? TIA

You can buy it directly at rammount.com or you can look at Amazon as well.

wd5gnr
07-29-2013, 10:28 AM
I am looking to do something like this, but I want to use stainless instead of nylon. It seems impossible to find small quantities of metric spacers in stainless with an OD>13mm here in the states. I was wondering if an M10 nut would work as well? They are about 8mm tall. Maybe with a washer or two under to lift it a bit? Or a truly ugly stack of M10 washers instead of the spacer. Any thoughts?

rick_w
08-08-2013, 04:00 PM
We put together a kit almost like what you are wanting a while back. Works good, pictures are from our own RT.
Rick
http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/SpyderRTMount.JPG
http://store.valueaccessories.net/SpyderRTRAMMountKit.aspx

whiteyron
01-25-2014, 10:47 AM
I am looking to do something like this, but I want to use stainless instead of nylon. It seems impossible to find small quantities of metric spacers in stainless with an OD>13mm here in the states. I was wondering if an M10 nut would work as well? They are about 8mm tall. Maybe with a washer or two under to lift it a bit? Or a truly ugly stack of M10 washers instead of the spacer. Any thoughts?

Check out McMaster Carr, they usually have everything conceivable.