PDA

View Full Version : Calsci windshield question

Dirtnapper
05-12-2013, 03:52 AM
I recently purchased a 2013 RS and was looking into replacing the windshield with a Calsci, anyone know if they are compatible with the 2013? While looking for upgrades I've noticed a lot of items will not work with my year spyder for one reason or another, its starting to get irritating. :mad:

NancysToy
05-12-2013, 08:29 AM
I recently purchased a 2013 RS and was looking into replacing the windshield with a Calsci, anyone know if they are compatible with the 2013? While looking for upgrades I've noticed a lot of items will not work with my year spyder for one reason or another, its starting to get irritating. :mad:

Give the aftermarket some time to catch up. The 2013's just landed.

MikeinGA
05-12-2013, 08:33 AM

I have a CALSCI windshield, don't buy one. They not a finished product. You will need the tools and skills to fit and finish the windshield. The windshield vibrates at high speeds. They have a hole in the lower part of the windshield that lets cold air in the winter and water in when it rains. I wish I would have bought the BRP touring windshield. If you buy it from Custom Dynamics and if you return it there is a restocking charge. That's IMHO.

Dirtnapper
05-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Give the aftermarket some time to catch up. The 2013's just landed.

Oh ok I thought they were like cars coming out almost a year in advance. I wondered why there was such a lack of aftermarket products for them, thanks. :-)

MidLifeCrisis
05-12-2013, 10:37 AM
I have a CALSCI windshield, don't buy one. They not a finished product. You will need the tools and skills to fit and finish the windshield. The windshield vibrates at high speeds. They have a hole in the lower part of the windshield that lets cold air in the winter and water in when it rains. I wish I would have bought the BRP touring windshield. If you buy it from Custom Dynamics and if you return it there is a restocking charge. That's IMHO.

??? I read one case, maybe yours that a windshield arrived with unfinished (laser cut) edges. Outside of that case, most of us CalSci owners have been pretty darned happy with them. Their customer service has been awesome as well for those who needed to return them for other sizes or unhappy with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

happyspyder2039
05-12-2013, 10:39 AM
just my opinion but I tried 2 sizes of the calsci- the ex large & got bad head buffeting. then switched to the tinted shorty & it broke on the 1st ryde. it was a pain in .... to return because custom dynamics didn't believe it broke at 1st. I would recommend- spend the extra & get a Madstad adjustable one. I Talked to the owner direct & he set me up

Sarge707
05-12-2013, 11:38 AM
??? I read one case, maybe yours that a windshield arrived with unfinished (laser cut) edges. Outside of that case, most of us CalSci owners have been pretty darned happy with them. Their customer service has been awesome as well for those who needed to return them for other sizes or unhappy with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have Had the Calsci 25" on my GS (Picture Right Below) for 25,000 miles and Love it. nojoke

Motorcycledave
05-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I have one for sale I just took off my Spyder I replaced it with a Madstad unit.
it is in Excel. Cond. make me an offer.
Dave

Spyder ri
05-12-2013, 01:46 PM
I also have a 25" Cal Sci. It is perfectly cut and would never give it up. I put it on for the winter but will leave it on year round. I like the extra protection.

2012 RS SE5
Mods:

Oxford Hot Grips
Bad Boy Air Horn
Two Brothers Exhaust
K&N air filter
LED mud flap lights
Tips Kit
Brake Light Modulator
IPS Key Cover
Up/out mirror Extensions
RSS stitched seat cover
Cal Sci touring windshield
5 spoke wheel upgrade
Ram mount Iphone cradle
LED turn signal indicators
Frunk Liner
BRP 12 Volt Outlet
Third brake light
Double Play tail light

Dirtnapper
05-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments but no one answered the question if the calsci would fit my 2013 lol.

MikeinGA
05-13-2013, 07:10 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments but no one answered the question if the calsci would fit my 2013 lol.

I would say yes. It has the same body style as mine. I would call Calsci to confirm. Good luck.

Dirtnapper
06-21-2013, 01:12 PM
just my opinion but I tried 2 sizes of the calsci- the ex large & got bad head buffeting. then switched to the tinted shorty & it broke on the 1st ryde. it was a pain in .... to return because custom dynamics didn't believe it broke at 1st. I would recommend- spend the extra & get a Madstad adjustable one. I Talked to the owner direct & he set me up

Thanks for the recommendation of the Madstad, I actually spent the extra cash and purchased theirs. I have been riding with it for a few weeks now and am very happy with it. The adjustments that can be made are a great feature. Thanks again!

happyspyder2039
06-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the recommendation of the Madstad, I actually spent the extra cash and purchased theirs. I have been riding with it for a few weeks now and am very happy with it. The adjustments that can be made are a great feature. Thanks again!
Glad to hear! & happy ryding