PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate GS/RS seat Pictures and review.

Sarge707
05-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Posting some pictures of the RS Ultimate because I think people will benefit that are thinking about buying one.
I bought mine after reading Drews comparison Thread.
Road 3 hours today and Really like the Ultimate.

1- As Drew said it puts you about one inch closer to the Bars (Which I Liked) The hump is pronounced and definite NOT
like the "Ski Slope" Bump on the stock seat. I was sitting closer with the stock seat because I only have the 2 3/8 inch riser block and like the aggressive position for cornering. The back of the Ultimate helps Plant you in corners MUCH better than the stock seat!!!

2- The ultimate IS about 1/2 inch lower which makes you feel more like you sit in it- Rather than on it like the Barrel shaped stock seat.
It makes the Calsci 25 inch windshield more effective for me because the wind is quieter on the high way with the air going slightly higher.

3- All I know is I did 3 hours with 2 short breaks to take pictures and it felt fine and as it breaks in some it should be even better .

I,m Very Happy with the purchase and I know the RT Ultimate seat won,t be far behind because my rear end tells me soooo!!!

Bob Denman
05-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Glad to hear that your backside is happier than ever with it's new best friend! :D
A Lady that I met at SpyderFest picked up one also... She has legitimate back issues that made the five-hour ride to Springfield an ordeal. :shocked:
The trip home was WAY easier for her! :thumbup:

One's going on my RT as soon as I can scrape up some cash! :2thumbs:

Flanker
05-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Glad you like your seat! "Ultimate" is relative; I find the stock RSS seat to be very comfortable, and with 35' sleeves it really isn't a stretch to the bars for me.

myronmathis
06-27-2013, 05:19 AM
will this seat allow for the BRP backrest to fit
Posting some pictures of the RS Ultimate because I think people will benefit that are thinking about buying one.
I bought mine after reading Drews comparison Thread.
Road 3 hours today and Really like the Ultimate.

1- As Drew said it puts you about one inch closer to the Bars (Which I Liked) The hump is pronounced and definite NOT
like the "Ski Slope" Bump on the stock seat. I was sitting closer with the stock seat because I only have the 2 3/8 inch riser block and like the aggressive position for cornering. The back of the Ultimate helps Plant you in corners MUCH better than the stock seat!!!

2- The ultimate IS about 1/2 inch lower which makes you feel more like you sit in it- Rather than on it like the Barrel shaped stock seat.
It makes the Calsci 25 inch windshield more effective for me because the wind is quieter on the high way with the air going slightly higher.

3- All I know is I did 3 hours with 2 short breaks to take pictures and it felt fine and as it breaks in some it should be even better .

I,m Very Happy with the purchase and I know the RT Ultimate seat won,t be far behind because my rear end tells me soooo!!!

poordom
06-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Good morning Sarge,

I bought my Spyder about 2 months, now I am facing the possibility of having to sell it , because my wife is having back problems and the stock seat is not helping.

Does the passenger on the Ultimate notice any difference between the stock and the ultimate seat.

Thanks

Dom

Chupaca
06-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Butt's are like finger prints, no two alike. I have the stock seat which works fine, then got a comfort seat which changed seating but butt numbing about the same. Seeing that there are no saddle stores for roadster seats and at those prices I can't afford to see if the next best seat according to "Joe" ( sorry to all Joe's ) will make that great a difference. Really glad you found yours on the first try..!! :thumbup:

Sarge707
06-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Good morning Sarge,

I bought my Spyder about 2 months, now I am facing the possibility of having to sell it , because my wife is having back problems and the stock seat is not helping.

Does the passenger on the Ultimate notice any difference between the stock and the ultimate seat.

Thanks

Dom

I have never had a passenger so I don,t know? I your thinking of selling it I would leave it stock because you have to send the stock seat to Ultimate for a $250 refund after you put on the ultimate.

Don,t know if a BRP Backrest would fit . I just have the seat!!!