PDA

View Full Version : Vista Cruise

SpyderTim
05-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Has anyone installed a Vista Cruise and if so, what model did you use? I have utilized the Brake Away Cruise on my 98 Intruder 1400 and like the thumb actuation - thinking the Vista might off similiar and since Spydie has not front brake - would be cheaper than the Brake Away.

Thanks!

Danimal
05-26-2008, 07:49 PM
People have done the Audio-vox unit which can be had for around $90.

There is info out here and on can-amtalk.com too.

I was going to add one but decided on a Throttlemeister instead.

SpyderTim
05-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Is it difficult to engage/dis-engage the throttlemeister?

Thanks!

dltang
05-26-2008, 10:26 PM

Thanks!

I don't think so. I love mine. I use it mostly on the expressway. When I am engaging the throttle on the entrance ramp, that is when I twist it to the on position. When I exit is when I release it. I have full throttle control while it is engaged to speed up or slow down as traffice demands. It does speed up a bit on the downhill and slows down on the up hill but it is not a true cruise control so that is to be expected. I like that I always can use my throttle to speed up or slow down regardless of weather or not my Thottlemeister is on or off. Also, I get a little exptra length on my handlebar grips which is nice with my PTT button on the left side.

NancysToy
05-27-2008, 07:16 AM

Thanks!

I don't ever turn them off anymore. As long as you twist the throttle off, anyway, there is no real need. The TM causes little drag, so it does not create extra effort. Maybe it isn't considered safe these days, but bikes had throttle tensioning devices as standard equipment for many years, and they could not be turned on and off, only adjusted.
-Scotty

RTGENE
05-27-2008, 08:29 AM
I emailed throttlemeister asking what number I needed to order a unit for my spyder and they came back with we don't make one for the spyder.
need a little help
smilingene

dltang
05-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Use this product number and order in the color you want. Product ID: FH & AL-H We have 7/8" handlebars. Also here is an install thread for you. http://www.can-amtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4462

Danimal
05-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Easy install. Easy to use. No chance of electronic failure or warranty issues from BRP.

I find that I just slide my hand over leaving just my forefinger and thumb on the throttle, then I just twist my hand like I'm giving more throttle... only I put the pressure on the Throttlemeister... and just enough pressure on the throttle to keep her steady..... becomes second nature after awhile.

I've also tried leaving it on all the time - but don't feel safe doing that in the city.

I had the Audio Vox unit ready to install..... but then decided I didn't want to spend 6-8 hours installing it.

Throttlemeister was 30 minutes.... could do it in 10 now that I know what I'm doing.

srarndt
05-27-2008, 10:44 AM
I emailed throttlemeister asking what number I needed to order a unit for my spyder and they came back with we don't make one for the spyder.
need a little help
smilingene

The don't have a model number specifically for the Spyder, but if you call them and ask for the one that works on the Spyder they know exactly which one to send you.