PDA

View Full Version : add ons

strictlyred
05-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Hello.I ride an 09 gs and love it.Yesterday I sat on the st and a rt at a dealership.. WOW... so comfortable..Unfortunatly I cannot afford to purchase another spyder right now, so what add ons can I purchase to make the gs as comfortable as the st?

SpyderAnn01
05-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Handlebar risers would be a good start.

Flight Risk
05-09-2013, 06:34 PM
BahaRon anti sway bar is tantamount!!

Maybe risers if you want.

better front shocks definitely!

floorboards if you want!

enjoy!!!!

ARtraveler
05-09-2013, 06:49 PM
An aftermarket seat is another possibility.

strictlyred
05-09-2013, 07:31 PM
thanks, and if possible can you post where I can buy these items LOL

serf
05-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Comfort would be handlebar risers (3"), seat, and floorboards (with a highway position or highway pegs). My RS is definitely setup to ride more like a cruiser and less like a sport bike. You can add a backrest, touring windshield, throttle lock (or cruise), aftermarket heated grips, and a gps mount are all great for long trips.

spydaman60
05-09-2013, 08:39 PM
I've put a lot of things on my rss , :bowdown::bowdown:but the ultimate seat:bowdown::bowdown: was the best of all!!! they'll even put a pink spider on it for you.

asp125
05-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Well, comparing an RS to and ST, the only difference (stock) is the ST has a different windshield / control section, as well as the new suspension geometry.

Plug in the choices for an RS and an ST here: http://cycle-ergo.com/ and you see the ST handlebar position is more upright and back - so a set of risers or helibars would be in order.

Also, the ST footpegs are more forward - unfortunately no mods for that, except perhaps floorboards or highway pegs

A slightly taller windshield would also make it more ST-like.

To improve handling to match that of the ST - shocks and a swaybar.

Chupaca
05-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Your talking the comfort zone..so as stated, seat, backrest, risers, floorboards and windshield. The performance package is a different thing...little by little you will get there....:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
05-10-2013, 12:52 AM

Most of the items suggested are available from spyderlovers.com sponsors who are listed on the home page.

AbNormy
05-10-2013, 02:35 AM
Last summer Ron alluded to the bars being available for the RT, so I pay-palled him for one. When I got it, the instructions said it was for an RS, so I called him. Didn't get any answer so I took pics of mine vs the one he'd shipped, wasn't any thicker. I installed it, THEN I get a call not to install it,was for an RS. So I took it back off in 105' heat, put mine back on mailed it back and he took almost 3 weeks to refund my payment, blaming it on Paypal.
So I finally saved enough back up to order the right one, figured I'd order some spare filters along with it. Mind you I've already ordered front pads, plug wires and a KN filter which came when ordered, so I trust him. But last Sunday morn i sprung for the sway bar again, along with the spare filters, and he said hed send them priority so I should have had them Tuesday. Weds the filters showed up but no bar. So I call him text him no answer, PMd him finally he said the post office is messing him up sent me a tracking number showed it was delivered to New York. I had scheduled the install for thurs afternoon thats when I had time. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this from him. Just a little concerned is all.

Sent from my home in Central Texas!

strictlyred
05-10-2013, 11:25 AM
again thanks.. My windshield is pretty high and I already installed foot pegs to stretch out my legs.. I need me some heli bars.. Emailed someone from front page of sponsers about the bars, haven't heard back yet

ARtraveler
05-10-2013, 01:29 PM

I mentioned seats.

BRP has a comfort seat. $500 to $599 depending on model.

Corbin: a site sponser. $750 and up depending on extras.

The internet is full of other options.

AbNormy
05-10-2013, 03:21 PM
So I got home from some errands after going by the post office to check on my sway bar that was supposedly delivered in New York yesterday and lo and behold, there it is! Geez! So maņana that's my 1st project! Yay!

Sent from my home in Central Texas!

SPYD1
05-10-2013, 03:31 PM
There have been seats for sale on SL and then add a backrest and bar extensions. You will enjoy the comfort items as you add them.