PDA

View Full Version : Now what BRP?

jerpinoy
05-09-2013, 04:27 PM
After I got my new fuel cap and installed it. The fuel fumes and smell is gotten worst:(:mad:. Anybody got this problem??????? Right now I need to call BRP I'm not riding until this is resolve.

asp125
05-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Overfilling? Fuel vapor canister vent hose recall done?

spydaman60
05-09-2013, 05:18 PM
GOT AN RSS, BUT MY FUEL SMELLS HAVE DISAPPEARED! :thumbup: BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERFILL!

ARtraveler
05-09-2013, 06:54 PM
No fuel smells on my two RT's--either before or after the new cap.

I am guessing you may have messed up the cannister by overfilling at some time. Hope you get it solved quickly.

bullant12
05-09-2013, 07:07 PM
3 Spyders in my garage... not one with issues, before or after the gas cap recall. You might have bad canister or hoses.

Chupaca
05-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Did not have the smell but installed the new cap and did. Learned here to fill slowly, and not over fill and the problem is gone...:thumbup:

ivanlee
05-09-2013, 08:02 PM
After I got my new fuel cap and installed it. The fuel fumes and smell is gotten worst:(:mad:. Anybody got this problem??????? Right now I need to call BRP I'm not riding until this is resolve.

I guess you won't be riding for a long time if you wait for brp to do something. i have had that problem since nov 2007.:banghead:

daveinva
05-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Never quite understood this objection.

Sometimes my RS smells like gas. Sometimes it doesn't.

Every bike I've ever ridden sometimes smells like gas. Sometimes they don't. Bikes aren't cars, I expect this sort of thing. Funny smells, funny noises, etc. "I don't want my bike to smell like gas/oil/exhaust" is generally up there with "I don't want the sun to be so hot" or "I don't want dogs that bark" in the pantheon of complaints, i.e. they're generally the nature of the beast.

I'm not saying there's not something going on with the canister, or hoses, or overfueled fuel tank, or something else. But if there is, it doesn't seem to make a lick of difference, other than the occasional smell.

Would it be nice if BRP came up with a fix? Sure, I guess, if people are bothered by it. But since this doesn't appear to be a constant problem on EVERY Spyder-- but a rare problem on some Spyders-- and a problem of no obvious consequence other than annoyance (the early fires on the GS weren't related to this gas smell deal), I don't envision what can easily be done. Heck, they already tried a new cap... what next? :dontknow:

Cruzr Joe
05-10-2013, 08:46 AM

Did you watch Lamonts video on how to install this mod???

Several folks just put it on without watching the video or reading the instructions and now they are paying the penalty.

Did you throw away the old cap as per the instructions? the new cap don't like the old cap in the same room as it, and will raise a stink.

Just sayin :joke:

Cruzr Joe

greendean
05-27-2013, 07:42 AM
When I was dealing with other issues. BRP told me that if you are not shifting at higher RPM's and running
the machine at higher RPM's that the vapor canister /systems on the bike do not work properly. According to
them open her up and let her sing 5000+ should clear things up. SE5 need to shift above 4000 for the clutches
to engage properly. No fumes on my new RS dont really remember fumes on my 09 either yet my wife says
I cant smell anything anyway. Worked in a shop with gas and oil to many years. Good luck Dean