PDA

View Full Version : SpyderJoe Getting Elka Shocks Installed

Questions
05-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Tomorrow I am Getting new stage one+R shocks installed on my 2012 spyder RTS. I am installing the front shocks and the rear shock. I just hope this works out ok because I have been reading some threads on here that say they have had problems with the rear shock. So now I am wondering if I am doing the right thing here. I hope it all works out ok and I don't have a problem with them, I will keep the old shocks just in case I need to change back :pray: I am excited about seeing the difference these shocks make on the bike, I'll let you know how it works out. :spyder2: Joe

Chupaca
05-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Will be waiting to hear....!! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

gypsy_100
05-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Will be waiting to hear....!! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Ditto.

napper39
05-10-2013, 11:54 AM
:thumbup::chat::popcorn::pray::pray::pray: hope it works out for you.:shocked::yikes:

can-am sam
05-10-2013, 01:31 PM
The Elkas will make a big improvement in handling and ride. I think the problem with the rear Elka shock on the RT, was that it was marked wrong. It probably was for a RS.

Questions
05-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Tomorrow I am Getting new stage one+R shocks installed on my 2012 spyder RTS. I am installing the front shocks and the rear shock. I just hope this works out ok because I have been reading some threads on here that say they have had problems with the rear shock. So now I am wondering if I am doing the right thing here. I hope it all works out ok and I don't have a problem with them, I will keep the old shocks just in case I need to change back :pray: I am excited about seeing the difference these shocks make on the bike, I'll let you know how it works out. :spyder2: Joe
Well I just Drove Home from having the Elka shocks done:clap: and yes there was a big difference in the way the bike handles. I can see how the a-arms are up where they should be like John from Elka had mentioned to me. The ride feels smoother and it takes the turns and corners much better. the rear shock installed well and I do not see any problem with it. no noise or topping out just a smooth ride. I watched as they were installed just to be sure the shock length was correct and everything looked good. I may have to make some adjustments but I will ride it a little more before changing anything. I guess the guy who had the problem with his rear shock must have received the wrong shock because I made sure we matched up the old rear with the new Elka and it was right on. I am thinking about getting the BaJa Ron sway bar later but not sure if I really need it, anyones thoughts on that are welcome. Anyway I am just glad that it went well, some more riding will help me dial them in if needed. I think they are well worth the money to upgrade to the Elkas. :2thumbs: