PDA

View Full Version : 2012 RTS idleing and then quit

Ex-Rocket
05-08-2013, 09:31 PM
I just purchased this Spyder about a month ago and only have about 500 miles on it. I started it today and while I left it idle while I was putting on my gear the damn bike just quit running. Has this happened to anybody else? What would cause it to just quit running? I have never had a bike while idling just quit. It started right back up but WTH is going on or is this a common occurance?

Warlock
05-08-2013, 09:50 PM
I just purchased this Spyder about a month ago and only have about 500 miles on it. I started it today and while I left it idle while I was putting on my gear the damn bike just quit running. Has this happened to anybody else? What would cause it to just quit running? I have never had a bike while idling just quit. It started right back up but WTH is going on or is this a common occurance?
My wifes did it a few times. Then found out kill switch wasn't working. Changed out switch under warranty and so far running good.
david

Chupaca
05-08-2013, 10:16 PM
There have been some recent post to the effect. Seems there are a few that do this but it clears up with time. As long as it starts back up and you don't have it constantly it should clear up...!! :thumbup:

NancysToy
05-08-2013, 10:54 PM
It can be a lot of things...water in the fuel (from condensation & ethanol), bad plug or wire, a brand new bike getting the rust preventative in the fuel tank out of its system, a minor glitch, or something else. Ride it and see if it clears forever in a couple of hundred miles. Put some Marine Stabil, Seafoam, or Startron through it if you wish. If it happens frequently, see a dealer.

spydercatjohn
05-09-2013, 10:35 AM

Our 2013 Spyder RT stalled at idle when we first got it. But after 450 miles it is stalling
much less. But will bring it to dealers attention at 600 mile service.