PDA

View Full Version : BRP shipping updates..

Danimal
05-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Looks like the SE5 bikes won't arrive until November 30th..... :(

Here is the information with the new shipping dates:

http://www.can-amtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5584&view=findpost&p=47765

Danimal
05-25-2008, 11:26 AM
I would contact your dealer on Tuesday and have them confirm things.

That information came from Tharkun, who has constant communication with his dealer. The information came from BOSSWEB.... which is the system that dealers use to access all types of information. Your local dealer can log in and check this out.

I would pressure your dealer on it......

You're feeling the frustration that many felt during the first round.

I'm sure it will work out one way or another......

trikester
05-25-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm still wondering what the big deal is over the SE5? If it is the shifting then I don't get it. The manual shifting on my Spyder works great! Maybe I'm just going from my experience with some of my antiques, which don't always shift well, but I find my Spyder to be precise and quick in shifting and easy to find neutral at the stop lights. Even in heavy, stop and go traffic, it's easy to shift down and up.

I think it would be better to buy an original Spyder now, and ride all summer, than to wait until the beginning of winter just to get the push button shifting. Of course I'm assuming, here, that the originals are shipping without a long wait now.

Frank

Twodog185
05-25-2008, 11:45 AM
The only thing I would do to an SE5 is completely get rid of the foot brake and install a treadplate floorboard below the pegs. The hydraulic hand brake is plenty for braking. Pegs could be moved to the outer cowl location slightly angled to provide bracing for heavy cornering support. City and highway riding, feet can rest on the treadplate ...anywhere you want. Shifting and braking at the handlebars. Hmmmmmmmm.

RTGENE
05-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Hold on there Can-Am
Best watch your step on this delivery thing.
Just so you know:
We will not read the safety card !!!
Your obnoxious message will be ignored!!!
We will work hard to find a bypass for pushing M!!!
This is America and we cannot/will not wait.
We will not tolerate an additional one day extension for any reason.
ON THE OTHER HAND
After The Spyder arrives we will gratefully thank you and will tell everyone what a wonderful company and what a superior product you have made.
smilingene

SpyderMark
05-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm still wondering what the big deal is over the SE5? If it is the shifting then I don't get it. The manual shifting on my Spyder works great!

Stopped for gas the other day and spent about 10 minutes talking to a guy about Spydie. I thought it a bit odd he sat in his truck the entire time we were speaking. He asked lots of questions about how easy it is to ride, cost, the usual stuff -- sat in his truck the whole time.

Finally, he told me he had lost his leg in a motorcycle accident and had been looking for something to ride for years. He knew a motorcycle was not an option because he couldn't hold one up with his prostetic leg. He said he couldn't afford to spend the 30 grand or so for a traditional trike and was ready to conclude he just wouldn't ride ever again. He'd seen me pull into the station for gas and thought Spydie looked cool, but was prepared to find out he couldn't afford it eith.

When I told him he could get one for around 17 grand all in, he got really excited, but then he wondered how he might ride with only one leg. I asked which leg he'd lost and he said his left. I told him a semi-auto version of the Spyder would be available this fall. I suggested as long as he had enough of a leg to hold himself on around left-hand turns he'd have no problems riding a Spyder.

I could actually see tears well up in his eyes...

Regards,

Mark

NancysToy
05-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Stopped for gas the other day and spent about 10 minutes talking to a guy about Spydie. I thought it a bit odd he sat in his truck the entire time we were speaking. He asked lots of questions about how easy it is to ride, cost, the usual stuff -- sat in his truck the whole time.

Finally, he told me he had lost his leg in a motorcycle accident and had been looking for something to ride for years. He knew a motorcycle was not an option because he couldn't hold one up with his prostetic leg. He said he couldn't afford to spend the 30 grand or so for a traditional trike and was ready to conclude he just wouldn't ride ever again. He'd seen me pull into the station for gas and thought Spydie looked cool, but was prepared to find out he couldn't afford it eith.

When I told him he could get one for around 17 grand all in, he got really excited, but then he wondered how he might ride with only one leg. I asked which leg he'd lost and he said his left. I told him a semi-auto version of the Spyder would be available this fall. I suggested as long as he had enough of a leg to hold himself on around left-hand turns he'd have no problems riding a Spyder.

I could actually see tears well up in his eyes...

Regards,

Mark

Neat story! Thanks for sharing.
-Scotty

Danimal
05-25-2008, 07:54 PM
I don't know why anyone would bet that BRP would be early on the delivery of anything. This has not been the case with anything else they have come out with. The BOSSWEB is something that only dealers have access to. Tharkun has a very close relationship with his dealer and service tech.. so they let him in on all the newest information.

I ordered mine in late July and was originally told March 2008 delivery... then they said maybe January.... but my contract said end of March. I never called or bothered them as I didn't really care if I got it in January.... in Michigan.... ::) .

Mine came in mid March.

There were PLENTY of people that were very upset about the wait.... I believe BRP was meeting the delivery dates, but people were just too optimistic about getting them early.

Let us know what you find out.... Print out the information from Can-amtalk and show it to your dealer. They should be able to log in to BOSS and check it out.

Star Cruiser
05-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Two things to add to this thread.
First: the delivery date - I talked to my Dealer last week to confirm the delivery date of my SE5. He originally told me Mid May. I Originally heard july, so was a little skeptical about that anyway. He called the factory and was told it would now be August. I am only hoping that it won't be a whole lot later than that!

Secondly: I too lost my left leg in a bike accident (in 2005) so the shifter was going to be a problem on whatever bike I purchased. My original plans were to modify a V-Star 1300 with a Klictronic Shifter. The reverse was still going to be an issue as my "knee" buckles when I apply any force to it in the opposite direction to walking forward. When I heard about the Spyder SE5 in December, that was all I could think of as a bike without any necessary modes. It was like it had my NAME ON IT. So I ordered it then and there.

If I have any modes it might just be a floor board. I am just thinking about my left foot slipping off of the peg, if I don't have a decent Heel on my boot to "hook" onto the peg.

I don't really want to wish away the summer for you guys who already have your Spyders, But I want August to get here REAL SOON

captainryder
05-25-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm biting my tongue here... :redfaced:

AS you know, I'm the one that thought it would be fun to bet when an SE5 will finally be owned.... I think that the official word is still for those who ordered before Feb 29th, 2008 delivery by September 30th..... It's the last official BRP news release (as Derwin has stated). But I still think late June or July.... (The glass is half full). But just to ease everyone's mind.... ::)

A plea to anyone going to VALCOURT HOMECOMING... per the chat... "SE5's will be available to ride at Valcourt" So would somebody kindly ask..."When are these things going to be officially in production or delivered?" And don't let them hold out with a response of refer to the website ! Someone up there knows if they are being produced or what maybe the hold-up.... be a detective. Ask a factory worker what the scoop is. Thanks.

Star Cruiser
05-25-2008, 11:26 PM
A plea to anyone going to VALCOURT HOMECOMING... per the chat... "SE5's will be available to ride at Valcourt" So would somebody kindly ask..."When are these things going to be officially in production or delivered?" And don't let them hold out with a response of refer to the website ! Someone up there knows if they are being produced or what maybe the hold-up.... be a detective. Ask a factory worker what the scoop is. Thanks.

I was also quoted that the SE5 would be available at Americade for a Demo. You have a good point then, why for the demo and not in MY GARAGE?

I like the 1/2 full approach though ;D

Danimal
05-26-2008, 12:23 AM
This is going down just like the first round of PE units... lots of poor communication by the dealers and BRP... and lots of frustrated customers.

"I don't think it is unreasonable to expect an order as written in the contract."

I agree 100%. But what can you really do about it? If the date on the contract comes and you don't have your Spyder... you can get your $$$ back... maybe even before if you really want.

But what is that going to accomplish?? You end up without a Spyder.. and they simply sell it to the next person in line.

Considering you are buying this unit for years of usage.... do you really want to throw out those years of enjoyment because they end up a month late on delivery?

I know you really want to get some ryding in before winter.....but even with a September delivery you had pretty limited driving time left in the year.

Another option would be to learn to drive a unit with a clutch.... it's really pretty easy... and you could have a Spyder within a few weeks! My dealer has 2 on their floor... prepped and ready to go... in Kalamazoo Michigan.

If you're dead set on finger shift you could even add a Pingel easy-shift for $900... which makes it similar to the SE5.... but you still have to use the clutch when starting and stopping.

The nice thing about the Pingel is you can still shift manually if you want.

I enjoy the shifting.. makes it more fun if you ask me.

Danimal
05-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Yup... I completly understand your anger and frustration.... this is round two of the BRP screw-up on shipping dates. Doesn't sound like they learned anything from the PE fiasco.

Understand about the clutch... was just giving you options.

BRP has really screwed up on communication and delivery. For me it wasn't a big deal because it was during the winter months... and I didn't mind not having to pay for the Spyder for those 2 months... but they did technically meet the deadline on my contract. It also worked out well for me because they had recalls that I didn't have to mess with.

SpyderMark
05-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Incompentence makes people angry. Especially when it involves their money. And there has been a great deal of incompetence on the part of BRP in regards to this product. Just keeping it real.

REALITY CHECK!

BRP conceived, designed, developed, produced, manufactured and brought to market a three-wheeled vehicle offering an open-air riding experience completely different from anything else ever offered in a production vehicle in a time frame that almost boggles the mind. The Spyder comes from a reputable, world-wide manufacturer and sports unmatched performance, comfort, safety, styling and most importantly, PRICE! The daring in this venture cannot be overstated -- especially when you consider the litigious society in which we live here in the US.

Compared to any of the custom (perhaps soon to be production if the rumors about Harley Davidson are true) offerings in the traditional three-wheeler market, the Spyder is so far ahead in terms of price, performance, technology and safety, there is literally no competition. Trust me, I've ridden products from all the major trike producers...

With a bare minimum of training, literally anyone with a bit of common sense and caution can climb aboard a Spyder and have a ball while riding quickly and safely. That's because the product engineers at BRP incorporated a remarkable feature on the Spyder called the Vehicle Stability System (VSS). Combined with anti-lock brakes and traction control, VSS makes riding the Spyder an almost care-free experience. Some complain about the "nanny" preventing them from having fun, but if you ever have the VSS kick in on a busy three-lane interstate preventing a spin out in traffic at highway speed, you'll never complain about the nanny again! Ask me how I know...

There is no question BRP stumbled a bit in the marketing department. Broken promises, so-called "misunderstandings," trouble with counting, etc. have all led -- justifiably -- to wariness, bitterness and outright mistrust on the parts of some customers. That's probably why in this case a rumor alone is enough to raise hackles for some folks. The reality is we have no official word from BRP as yet, so we don't know for sure projected delivery dates have changed.

Incompetence? In the marketing department, no doubt. But if I had to choose an area for BRP to be incompetent, I would definitely rather it be in marketing than in design, development, styling, production and cost. I'm as disappointed as the next that BRP stumbled, but five out of six ain't bad!

In my opinion, a stumble in marketing does not detract from the excellence in technology, performance, safety, styling and cost that is the Spyder.

Regards,

Mark

bjt
05-26-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm biting my tongue here... :redfaced:

AS you know, I'm the one that thought it would be fun to bet when an SE5 will finally be owned.... I think that the official word is still for those who ordered before Feb 29th, 2008 delivery by September 30th..... It's the last official BRP news release (as Derwin has stated). But I still think late June or July.... (The glass is half full). But just to ease everyone's mind.... ::)

I believe that all the factory workers have the day off. The only people we'll be able to talk to is management and engineers so I wouldn't count on someone being able to get "the inside scoop" as to what is really going on with the SE5s. Besides, most factory workers only know rumors anyways. I know this because I am a factory worker. We deal in rumors constantly. ;D

REALITY CHECK!

BRP conceived, designed, developed, produced, manufactured and brought to market a three-wheeled vehicle offering an open-air riding experience completely different from anything else ever offered in a production vehicle in a time frame that almost boggles the mind. The Spyder comes from a reputable, world-wide manufacturer and sports unmatched performance, comfort, safety, styling and most importantly, PRICE! The daring in this venture cannot be overstated -- especially when you consider the litigious society in which we live here in the US.

Compared to any of the custom (perhaps soon to be production if the rumors about Harley Davidson are true) offerings in the traditional three-wheeler market, the Spyder is so far ahead in terms of price, performance, technology and safety, there is literally no competition. Trust me, I've ridden products from all the major trike producers...

With a bare minimum of training, literally anyone with a bit of common sense and caution can climb aboard a Spyder and have a ball while riding quickly and safely. That's because the product engineers at BRP incorporated a remarkable feature on the Spyder called the Vehicle Stability System (VSS). Combined with anti-lock brakes and traction control, VSS makes riding the Spyder an almost care-free experience. Some complain about the "nanny" preventing them from having fun, but if you ever have the VSS kick in on a busy three-lane interstate preventing a spin out in traffic at highway speed, you'll never complain about the nanny again! Ask me how I know...

There is no question BRP stumbled a bit in the marketing department. Broken promises, so-called "misunderstandings," trouble with counting, etc. have all led -- justifiably -- to wariness, bitterness and outright mistrust on the parts of some customers. That's probably why in this case a rumor alone is enough to raise hackles for some folks. The reality is we have no official word from BRP as yet, so we don't know for sure projected delivery dates have changed.

Incompetence? In the marketing department, no doubt. But if I had to choose an area for BRP to be incompetent, I would definitely rather it be in marketing than in design, development, styling, production and cost. I'm as disappointed as the next that BRP stumbled, but five out of six ain't bad!

In my opinion, a stumble in marketing does not detract from the excellence in technology, performance, safety, styling and cost that is the Spyder.

Regards,

Mark

:agree:

Amen brother.

Smylinacha
05-26-2008, 10:01 AM
That stinks! :cus:
I ordered the Roadster Red - not the automatic one and my dealer told me end of August. So I showed up a couple of weeks ago to test ride the yellow they got in and he told me I could swap and have a yellow one before July 4th so I did that. Now I'm starting to wonder though - seems like they keep delaying deliveries of product. I'm gonna call him tomorrow.

bjt
05-26-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't know if I would worry about currently shipping Spyders. I think these current issues are related to SE5 delivery dates only. At least I haven't heard recently of anyone expecting an SM5 but getting told there is a delay.

Danimal
05-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Mark, I agree with everything you said.... except the stuff about the Marketing Dept. The Marketing people did what they were supposed to..... MARKET the product. I think the real beef is with the fulfillment department.

SpyderMark
05-26-2008, 11:13 AM
No reality check, my friend. Everybody already is aware of the great vehicle that they have produced. This conversation was about the delivery date screw-ups. They also screwed-up the "Premier Edition" numbering. The incompetence that we are talking about is indeed in these areas only.....no others. Is it wrong to have a discussion about this just because they got everything else right? I think mature individuals can discuss ALL areas of concern related to this product. I have discussed the areas that they did a GREAT job on, and I do still LOVE this product. But that still does not dismiss the incompentence they have showed in these other areas. That was the point these posts.

Derwin,

I apologize if I offended -- that was not my intent. Neither was my intent to shut down this discussion about your concerns. I understand your frustration; I waited for delivery just like everyone else. There were many, many rumors, suggestions and innuendos floating around the forums during my wait. These fueled a great deal of frustration in myself and others who were waiting. In the end, I received my Spyder before the guaranteed delivery date as promised, and all the frustration I experienced derived and fed from the rumors floating around, not because BRP failed to meet its agreed-upon obligation. BRP said I would receive my Spyder before a certain date, and I did. To my knowledge, EVERYONE with a guaranteed delivery date received their Spyder on schedule.

The biggest (and only that I know of) marketing stumble by BRP as regards my Spyder is the premier edition number. I got #2523. We've all already heard BRP's explanation; we each hold our own opinions about it. Personally, I could care less -- I didn't buy the machine as an investment. I already get more attention than I want being one of the first to own and ride one in the STL area. To date, no one has even noticed the premier edition label unless I pointed it out. My attitude about premier edition numbering DOES NOT in any way mean others shouldn't be annoyed.

Since we are, however, sharing our personal opinions, here's how I see the current situation:

-- There is rumor of a delivery delay for SE5 models
-- We still have no official word from BRP regarding a delivery delay
-- You voiced your concern with your dealer
-- Your dealer is following up with BRP
-- If BRP announces a delivery delay and offers to return your deposit you have lost no money

I don't believe BRP announces delivery dates with the intent not to meet them. After all, if there is a delivery delay, the biggest loser is BRP! Their reputation takes a hit, they likely lose sales and the delay means they pay more interest on their R&D investment.

By extolling the virtues of the machine I hoped to instill some confidence in BRP as a company, not to say your frustration isn't real or justified. I merely hope to point out BRP HAS done a remarkable job overall in bringing such a unique machine to the masses. And so far, to my knowledge, no one has lost money because of a delivery delay.

In short, I'm saying before we have a BRP bar-b-que in the court of public opinion, we should wait to get all the facts...

Regards,

Mark

Danimal
05-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Again, I agree with you Mark.... but realize the November 30th delivery information came from BOSSWEB.... so it can't really be called a 'rumor'.

SE5 Certificates that were created between November 5, 2007 and February 29,2008 will be shipped by November 30,2008.

SE5 Certificates that were created between March 1, 2008 and July 31,2008 will be shipped by November 30,2008.

People need to realize that the November 30th is the LAST ship by date. My last ship-by date was March 30th.... and I got mine around March 15.

I also agree that I personally don't know of a single Spyder owner that did NOT receive their delivery by the guaranteed date. I know of MANY that were confused about the delivery date, and were upset they didn't get theirs sooner than the final date... but that is not BRP's problem.

Much of the problem is that when someone is told two dates like "end of September or end of November", all they hear is "end of September".

If you have it in writing that is a different thing, but that could also be a dealer error.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Derwin's dealer already make the mistake of telling him he would get it sometime this summer, but that was a mistake because they were thinking SM5 ???

Again, I don't know of anyone that didn't get their Spyder by the guaranteed delivery date.

Derwin
05-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Actually, it was NOT my DEALER that told me I would be getting it by the end of may. IT WAS THE OFFICIALS AT THE COMPANY ITSELF.....THE SPYDER TEAM. So this was NOT simply a dealer error. It was the company itself.

Also, I think your information may be wrong. My dealer just contacted me again, and he read directly from BOSSWEB. It states NOTHING about the SE5 being delivered by November 30th. He stated that it gives a this date for the generic "Spyder" only, and does not go into specifics about the SE5. Funny thing, though.....he told me that if I want my money back, he would be very happy to send it to me! He said that there are people that would LOVE to get my position in line for the SE5. Well, I already knew that, so told him to keep my money.

As of right NOW, the SE5's that were ordered BEFORE February 29, 2008, will be delivered by September 30, 2008. This is the OFFICIAL word from BRP. Anything else is simply rumor, no matter where it is coming from.

Derwin

VIspyderman
05-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Actually, it was NOT my DEALER that told me I would be getting it by the end of may. IT WAS THE OFFICIALS AT THE COMPANY ITSELF.....THE SPYDER TEAM. So this was NOT simply a dealer error. It was the company itself.

Also, I think your information may be wrong. My dealer just contacted me again, and he read directly from BOSSWEB. It states NOTHING about the SE5 being delivered by November 30th. He stated that it gives a this date for the generic "Spyder" only, and does not go into specifics about the SE5. Funny thing, though.....he told me that if I want my money back, he would be very happy to send it to me! He said that there are people that would LOVE to get my position in line for the SE5. Well, I already knew that, so told him to keep my money.

As of right NOW, the SE5's that were ordered BEFORE February 29, 2008, will be delivered by September 30, 2008. This is the OFFICIAL word from BRP. Anything else is simply rumor, no matter where it is coming from.

Derwin

Copied from BOSSWeb
*SE5 certificates that were created between November 5th, 2007 and February 29th, 2008, vehicles will be
shipped by November 30th, 2008.
SKU's: A28B Yellow and A28E Full Moon.
*SE5 certificates created in BOSSWeb between March 1st, 2008 and July 31st, 2008, vehicles will shipped by
November 30th, 2008.
SKU's A28B Yellow, A28E Full Moon and A28G Roadster Red.

Derwin
05-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Is BOSSweb an "official" outlet for BRP? If not, then it is still simply rumor. The "official" word from BRP still remains for a September 30th release for people that ordered before 2/30/08. My dealer told me that until the word comes DIRECTLY from BRP, then we shouldn't worry about it.

Besides, it's been already posted that BRP has not missed a promised delivery date yet. So I'm just gonna go with that and be happy. If it turns out that there is a 60-day delay, so be it. But for right now I'll just go with the official word. :doorag:

Derwin

SpyderMark
05-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Is BOSSweb an "official" outlet for BRP? If not, then it is still simply rumor. The "official" word from BRP still remains for a September 30th release for people that ordered before 2/30/08. My dealer told me that until the word comes DIRECTLY from BRP, then we shouldn't worry about it.

Besides, it's been already posted that BRP has not missed a promised delivery date yet. So I'm just gonna go with that and be happy. If it turns out that there is a 60-day delay, so be it. But for right now I'll just go with the official word. :doorag:

Derwin

Now we're on the same page! :agree:

I could be wrong; BRP may be setting the stage for bad news. But until we hear official word from BRP (usually released on their website) I see no point in spinning everyone up based on what might very well prove to be a clerical error by whoever entered the information in BOSSweb

Regards,

Mark

NancysToy
05-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Again, I agree with you Mark.... but realize the November 30th delivery information came from BOSSWEB.... so it can't really be called a 'rumor'.

I don't even know that we are sure of that. What we actually have is hearsay, from a single source, that it appeared on BOSSWEB. BRP has been pretty prompt about publicly posting changes in shipping schedules thus far. I suggest we all take a breath, and see if things are made official soon. None of us can change this, any more than we can change having to wait for Hindles, backrests, oil filters, or my warranty replacement parts. Going along for the ride is the only choice, especially with a contract that won't give you your money back until the original date is past. Please try not to stew in your juices, folks. This is an amazing machine, and well worth the wait.
-Scotty

Danimal
05-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Well, two different people (Tharkun & spyderman684) have quoted the EXACT same text from BOSSWEB - so I think we can at least say there is no error in what BOSSWEB had posted.

And yes, BOSSWEB is the official BRP source where the dealers get all of their information. It can only be accessed by dealers.

BRP has been known for posting bad info before (PE numbers come to mind ;-) , but I would say that when tharkun has posted BOSSWEB information - it has been accurate... not just rumor.

Time will tell.... I would rather count on the later date and then be shocked and thrilled if it comes in sooner.

I'm also wondering if the SE5 in Red takes longer since they announced a delay on the Red SM5's due to high demand. You sure wouldn't think a simple color change should cause such a delay.

Derwin
05-26-2008, 08:05 PM
I still won't believe it until it comes directly from BRP. It just doesn't make any sense that they would not honor the certificate. I guess I like what another post stated......BRP has NEVER broken a promised delivery date yet. So that speaks louder than any rumors that are not from the BRP website directly.

What I think is happening, is BOSSweb is combining both the pre 2/30 with the post 2/30 orders. Because November 30th has always been the date for the orders received after 2/30. That simple glitch in the system would make perfect sense.

But I agree.....we will see soon enough. :doorag:

Derwin

bjt
05-27-2008, 07:46 AM
It just doesn't make any sense that they would not honor the certificate.

I don't think it is like they don't want to have the SE5s out by the due date. I am willing to bet they would like every potential Spyder owner to have a Spyder in their garage right now. However, there are hundreds of things that can happen that are beyond their control to prevent them from meeting the demand. There are hundreds of other things that happen because of mistakes or inefficiencies somewhere in the process that they can control and will. These things have to work themselves out.

I do agree with you where you note that they moved both dates to Nov. 30. It doesn't mean that every SE5 will ship in Nov. It just states that anyone who ordered an SE5 in any color by July 31, 2008 will get their Spyder by Nov. 30. Some, probably most, will receive their Spyders well before then.

Derwin
05-27-2008, 08:07 AM
I don't think it is like they don't want to have the SE5s out by the due date. I am willing to bet they would like every potential Spyder owner to have a Spyder in their garage right now.

Absolutely. I agree 100%. That's why I've decided (with my dealers nudging!) to simply go by BRP's track record of delivering these vehicles. According to another poster, they have not missed a promised delivery date yet, and I don't suspect they will miss this one.

Plus, I took a pill and settled-down a bit now! If the thing is 30 to 60 days late.....no big deal. When I finally have it, the wait will be a distant memory! ;D

Derwin

dltang
05-27-2008, 08:44 AM
When I finally have it, the wait will be a distant memory! ;D

Derwin

That is the most important comment right there. It has turned out to be so true for so many spyder owners. Once you have your machine everything else goes out the window. I know you will enjoy it and you will find all the agony has been worth it.

Danimal
05-27-2008, 09:10 AM

Jimmy Neutron
05-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Would it not be nice if someone from BRP sent letters out to us who ordered the SE5 and explain why we are not getting till NOV.. They shou;d have not taken our money if they can not deliver.. Gas at 4 dollars a gallon and I can not get my Spyder till NOV.. Guess they don't care anymore about us then the oil companies.. Please BRP send us letters and let us know why.. Or is it because you are shipping them overseas and has was told to me making alot more profit over there..

Derwin
05-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Don't get too excited, spyderjim. If you ordered BEFORE February 30th, than you are still OFFICIALLY guaranteed delivery by September 30th. Until BRP officially changes that date, let's just relax. I'm pretty much preaching to myself, of course! ;D

Derwin

Danimal
05-27-2008, 10:54 AM
"Gas at 4 dollars a gallon and I can not get my Spyder till NOV.. "

Like anyone really buys a Spyder because of the gas mileage..... ;D

I took mine to the store this weekend because I needed some grease for my tractor. The tractor store is 5 miles away.

The trip for the grease took me 3 hours..... ;D

So much for saving gas!

BRP shipping confusion.... gee.... who would have thunk it??? ::)

We'll see if they change the BOSSWEB posting on delivery dates. You would think they would be geared up and ready to make these since the demand is so high.

The extra time could also be due to some problem we don't yet know about. Remember the recalls on the SM5 units?

I know the auto-shift on some of their ATV units were problematic... according to my dealer. Maybe they still have some kinks to work out?

For those that have the SE5 on order... why not go to your local dealer or find a friend that has a Spyder SM5 and take it for a ryde... you just might find out the shifting is SO easy you will want to change your order and get a Spyder NOW.

This bike is easier to shift than any other I've owned.

spyder#1
05-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Do you think it will take untill Nov. to get your spyder if you were one of the first on the list? Say April 4th.

bjt
05-27-2008, 02:00 PM
I think that a lot of people are missing a key word in the SE5 delivery notice. It says they will be delivered BY Nov. 30th, not ON Nov. 30th. Many SE5s will probably be delivered before November. If they started delivering SE5s right now, like some of the rumors have said, that would fit the definition of BY Nov. 30th.

Danimal
05-27-2008, 02:21 PM

Exactly !

Derwin
05-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Well, I ordered my SE5 back in DECEMBER, so I am very comfortable about my position in line! ;D Besides that, the OFFICIAL word is still delivery BY September 30 for those that ordered before 2/30. If you ordered yours on April 4th, than yours was NEVER considered for an "early" delivery.

Derwin

captainryder
05-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Danimal....
I wish those of us that ordered SE5 could just swap our "pre-order certiicates" for a SM5, but it isn't that easy, we all would loose the deposit and our place in line !!! So we have to wait, and we don't want to wait longer than promised....

If it was so easy, then all those that want to change colors, see if you can swap out for a red one without losing your place in the line....you can't either. Sorry go to the back of the line.

This is the problem with BRP's system. These pre-order deposit/certificates lock you into something that you can't easily get out of. And because money is deposited... it's like the IRS, they want you to pay up front, but you can't get a refund till after you file taxes.. or in this case until the deadline on the certificate passes... Figure that BRP has about 3000 orders at $1000.00 and you've 3 Million dollars that they may or may not deliver as promised on.

But.... will someone just please ask at Valcourt Homecoming when the SE5 is to start being produced / delivered. They said there will be SE5's there to test ride... Ask a factory worker, be a detective, get answers for us please.

Derwin
05-27-2008, 05:53 PM
AMEN! :agree:

Derwin

Danimal
05-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Captain... I personally know of people that changed their minds and got 100% of their deposit back. Why would a dealer NOT want to get the rest of the $16,000 NOW.... and then just sell your Spyder to one of the other thousand people in line?

I've heard numerous stories of people changing from the SE5 to the SM5, changing from a yellow to a red, etc...

It can be done. If your dealer is telling you NO.... then they are not being very helpful... or smart.

captainryder
05-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Just for clarification:

The Pre-Order Certificate / Worksheet states on article No. 3 Submit a non-refundable deposit of $1000.00 to your dealer.

The dealer does not have to refund unless the roadster is not delivered by due date and you request in writing to cancel the Pre-Order. This (procedure) will be your sole remedy for not receiving a Spyder by November 30th..... as stated on same Pre-Order Certificate / Worksheet.

And from BRP News, dtd March 20, 2008, I quote:

For those owners who have already pre-ordered the Millennium Yellow or Full Moon Silver, but have not taken delivery, and want to change to the new Roadster Red color option must cancel their current Premiere Edition pre-order and start a new pre-order process at their dealership. Unfortunately those customers looking to swap will lose their place in receiving order at their dealer. The Roadster Red Spyder is not included in the limited Premiere Edition Spyder roadsters. This process also applies to the SE5 in Roadster Red.

A dealer might just want to keep the deposit of $1000.00 and sell the Spyder making $1000.00 more !

I'm frustrated but I hope it is like everyone says, when your number is called, you'll forget all about this.... I plan to wait for my SE5, Full Moon Silver, and I'm still optimistic that it will be before September. And then I"ll happily post a new thread.. "Got the Call today".

Derwin
05-27-2008, 07:56 PM
All we can speak to is our own personal experience. When BRP first announced the Red option, I immediately called my dealer to change from Yellow to Red. He told me he would have to contact his rep to find out if this would affect my order. Well, guess what........It would have! He told me that if I changed my order from Yellow to Red, that I would LOSE MY PLACE IN LINE, and I would definately receive the Spyder at a later date.

As for now, MY certificate GUARANTEES delivery by SEPTEMBER 30, 2008. The dealer states that this date is still valid. The BRP website still states that this date is still valid. My question is this.....Why get people stirred-up about something that IS NOT OFFICIAL? Let's stick with the OFFICIAL dates that are on the BRP website. Anything else is nothing more than rumor and speculation.

Derwin

Danimal
05-27-2008, 09:41 PM
I was NOT talking about PE orders... although I do know people that got their deposits back and/or made changes to their order.... took a Silver one instead of Yellow because of the longer wait.

There have been those that ordered the Red and just couldn't wait any longer and decided to take a yellow or silver off a dealers floor.

Most dealers have been pretty nice about giving deposits back as they know the Spyder will sell within a week.

For something NEW... like the red... or the SE5,,,, of course you would lose your place in line... as the red line is a different line!

I would not mind having the SE5... but I'm not willing to give up manually shifting... that is where I think they made a mistake..... the SE5 should allow manual shifting if you so desire. I'd get pretty bored on the thing if I wasn't able to shift.... :doorag:

As far as what is 'official'.... your contract and what you hear from your dealer is your 'official' information.

The dealers get their 'official' information from BOSSWEB.

BRP apparently gets their official information from down yonder..... ;D

Derwin
05-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Danimal...... As I previously stated, the BOSSweb information may just have combined the two delivery dates together...those that ordered BEFORE 2/30 and those that ordered AFTER. It's a very reasonable explanation, and does not mean that the certificate dates will not be honored. The OFFICIAL word from BRP remains as shown on their website.

Here is an email I just received from my dealer:

Derwin-

If you would like a refund on your deposit let me know, I have many people that would gladly take your place. BRP intends on honoring your delivery date, and if they do not, the only recourse that you have is a refund of your deposit. We will work with you as much as we can, and at this point we still do not have a firm delivery date.

Regards,
Brett Cosich
General Manager
LAKE EFFECT POWERSPORTS
www.lepowersports.com
67990 W. M-152
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
269-944-5577 fax 269-944-1847

Danimal
05-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Nice to see that they will give a refund now if you want one.. as I said... most dealers will let you out of the deal OR let you change to getting a SM5 or a different color... way before the end of the contract.

The key word I think you guys are forgetting is the word BY.

When BOSSWEB officially states "BY" November 30th. This doesn't negate what your paperwork says.

If you're really concerned about 'paying $4.00' a gallon the whole summer... I would get your $$$ back and you could start driving an SM5 within 2 weeks.... My dealer in Kalamazoo has TWO Spyders on the floor---- prepped and ready to drive off the floor.

The extra $1500 for the SE5 can go towards gas.... ;D

You could even get her painted red for $1500 or less..... or install a Pingle easy-shift.... and be all set....

So there are some options if either of you decide you can't wait the whole summer.

I was fortunate that my waiting time was during the winter... and there were PLENTY of people in the nice-weather parts of our country that were chomping at the bit to have their Spyder.

Either way you go... you'll be happy with the final product. In the meantime you can go to some of the rides and see if they have an SE5 for you to drive.... or even an SM5. I saw people that had never driven a motorcycle get on the SM5 and drive in the parking lot and they did just fine.....

Derwin
05-28-2008, 09:53 AM
I already test drove the SM5, and I just could not get used to the clutch and shifting. That's why I placed my order for the SE5. My dealer seems to be a great guy, but he would not allow me to change colors without losing my place in line. The fact that there are many people (according to him) that would love to take my place in line, makes it easy for him to offer my deposit back. But I told him "No Way!".......keep my deposit. I want my Spyder! ;D

Derwin

Danimal
05-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah... hold on to that place....

Must be a nice problem to have for a salesman..... knowing they can sell them as fast as they can make them.

So much for the bad economy! ;D

I didn't know you test drove the SM5..... I thought maybe you were just intimidated by the idea of shifting. I prefer shifting on the bike to shifting in a car... hence why my daily car is automatic. For performance cars I would have a stick-shift. It's amazing how many people today have never driven a stick shift car. When I took Drivers Ed they had one car that was a stick.... and every 'team' of students had to at least use that car for a day. My teacher was surprized that I could shift flawlessly... of course I had been driving cars, tractors, motorcycles, etc... for many years by the time I was 16!

Now with lower back problems... I like the automatic for daily use... but the shifting on spydie doesn't bother me at all.

Do you know if the demo team has any SE5's on tour???

Are you going to Valcourt? I bet you could ryde one there!

spyder#1
05-28-2008, 11:06 AM
derwin who is your dealer?

Lamonster
05-28-2008, 11:07 AM
derwin who is your dealer?

Brett Cosich
General Manager
LAKE EFFECT POWERSPORTS
www.lepowersports.com
67990 W. M-152
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
269-944-5577 fax 269-944-1847

czdaryle
05-28-2008, 11:08 AM
If things go as last time you will see other people who put their order in after you getting theirs first...happened to me and was the worst...waiting for 8 mths and someone else only waits two months?? never understand how the delivery worked.

By the way..I'm one of those that never rode a motorcycle(except for motorcycle school back in oct) and was nervous about riding the spyder. Took me about 3 rides to totally become comfortable. It was so easy I couldn't believe it...actually it is enjoyable doing the shifting now...just my thoughts

Derwin
05-28-2008, 01:10 PM
I didn't know you test drove the SM5.....

Yeah, I test drove one when they had them in Wilmington, Illinois...right down the street from me. That's me sitting on the Spyder I drove. Like I said, I just could not get used to the clutch and the shifting. I'm sure I would have no problem with it if I gave it a few more spins. But when I seen the SE5, I KNEW that this is what I wanted to get.

Actually, I love driving a vehicle with stick shift. My first car was a manual transmission! But I can honestly say that I am one lazy sucker! I like all my cars to have an automatic transimission. ;D

Derwin

pphantom538
05-28-2008, 04:26 PM
I have driven the SM5 on 3 seperate occasions. I ordered the SE5 because I prefer a paddle shift over the traditional clutch & left foot. Hate the wait but I feel it'll be worth it.

P

trikester
05-29-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm still wondering what the big deal is over the SE5? If it is the shifting then I don't get it. The manual shifting on my Spyder works great! Maybe I'm just going from my experience with some of my antiques, which don't always shift well, but I find my Spyder to be precise and quick in shifting and easy to find neutral at the stop lights. Even in heavy, stop and go traffic, it's easy to shift down and up.

I think it would be better to buy an original Spyder now, and ride all summer, than to wait until the beginning of winter just to get the push button shifting. Of course I'm assuming, here, that the originals are shipping without a long wait now.

Frank

Of course I wasn't referring to anyone who has a physical problem that would interfer with using the manual shift. Several people posted about that and I fully understand why they would want the SE5, I would too. I was just wondering why a rider who could use the manual shift would want to wait until winter to get the trike with the automatic. I find the manual shift works great!

Frank

Derwin
05-29-2008, 03:13 PM
I was just wondering why a rider who could use the manual shift would want to wait until winter to get the trike with the automatic.

Frank

The answer to your question is pretty obvious...... We simply WANT it. Why? There are several reasons, and they vary with each person. But for me it is simply because I want LESS to think about when I'm riding. If I don't have to think about pressing in the clutch, or downshifting, than this makes the ride more enjoyable to me. Of course, for you the clutch makes the ride more enjoyable. To each his own. Everybody has different tastes, and I think that's why BRP decided to come out with the SE5. It just opens up an entirely new market to them that would not exist otherwise.

Derwin

pphantom538
05-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Derwin,
Well said. I have a convertible car, a quad, PWC and a 2 wheel bike. I want a different experience in the open air. Its about having options and personal preferences. Would like to ride it now but will wait to get exactly what I want.

barb36jack31
05-29-2008, 04:45 PM
For Mark - Thanks for talking to that man who had lost his leg and thought he might never ride again. You gave him a new lease on life and the chance to again enjoy one of the greatest sports in this world. Well done!

Jack H.

Danimal
05-29-2008, 05:56 PM
I agree the SE5 will be great for those situations where the person cannot shift for various reasons... just not my cup of tea.

If they had made it so you could still shift the 'normal' way.... that would be cool. :doorag:

To me it's a bit like having an automatic transmission on a sports car..... NO WAY !!! :barf:

Yeah yeah.. I know... the Spyder SE5 shifter is fast and cool, etc..... but to me it makes it more 'moped-like'.

We already have problems with the 'real' bikers calling it a snowmoped.... adding the auto won't help that image... not that I care that much what they think.

Shifting a motorcycle clutch should be a basic mechanical thing riders just 'do'.... You don't have to 'think' about it at all.... I don't even know I'm doing it.... it's just that natural.

I'm also a firm believer in "If you can't wrench it... don't ride it....".

You should know your bike inside and out... and those that can't do basic maintenance on a bike probably shouldn't have one.

I rode with a friend awhile back that has a Big Dog Classic (Harley compatable ;D ).... which broke down on the trip. He had no idea how to fix it... and had no tools. I ended up fixing it.

People like that on motorcycles SCARE me! :yikes:

You need to understand the workings of the bike to know whether or not something is wrong... before it's too late.

What happens on the SE5 when you have a problem at 70 mph on the highway and should pull in the clutch and come to a quick stop???

What does it do if your engine dies or you run out of gas?

What if the transmission has a failure and locks into a gear... you can't pull the clutch in and coast??

What about when you are ryding really hot in the twisties... and gripping the handlebar is top priority? Will you be able to shift without losing too much grip? With the SM5 you can simply shift with your foot... you don't always have to use the clutch (in motoX we rarely did!)... and I find many times when coming out of turns and going from 1st to 2nd it is not easy to clutch while doing a sharp turn.... so I don't.... just shift and go.

Will the SE5 have the same issue in a turn..you need to shift but need your hand keeping a grip during the turn??

I guess I would want to ryde one and find out all about these issues before going for one.

You would think they could have left the clutch and foot shifter on them for us 'old school' bikers.... ;D

pphantom538
05-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Danimal,
I agree with your comments that we'll have to ride the SE different from the SM in some circumstances. Once there released to us, we'll learn that and adapt. Many vehicles have different characteristics (box trucks vs semis, pushing a plow vs. hauling a trailer, standard vs auto cars, inboard vs outboard boats etc.). Anyone operating any machine must know the capabilities and limitations or don't operated it. Its part of the fun.
And now I'll shut up.

Derwin
05-29-2008, 06:14 PM
I agree the SE5 will be great for those situations where the person cannot shift for various reasons... just not my cup of tea.

That's fine. You should just leave it at that, and not put down people that have a different opinion.

To me it's a bit like having an automatic transmission on a sports car..... NO WAY !!! :barf:

Again.....your opinion, but definately not shared by those wanting an SE5. I could give my personal opinion about the SM5 Spyder, but I have a little more class then to offend those that like it.

Yeah yeah.. I know... the Spyder SE5 shifter is fast and cool, etc..... but to me it makes it more 'moped-like'.

This is a joke, plain and simple, right?

We already have problems with the 'real' bikers calling it a snowmoped.... adding the auto won't help that image... not that I care that much what they think.

Your worried about what others think about you when your riding? Pretty shallow, dude. Sorry, but I'm getting this for the pure enjoyment I will get out of it, now to better my "image" or anything like that. If you feel the same, than why mention it?

Shifting a motorcycle clutch should be a basic mechanical thing riders just 'do'.... You don't have to 'think' about it at all.... I don't even know I'm doing it.... it's just that natural.

Again, this is YOUR opinion, and it is YOUR preference. Others simply don't agree with you on this, and they don't have the same "natural" feeling on it as you do. I think you should just accept that some people don't feel the same as you, and not degrade them and put them down for wanting the SE5. It seems utterly ridiculous to me. That's MY opinion.

Derwin

Danimal
05-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Um... Derwin..... EVERYTHING EVERYONE says out here is their OPINION... geesh.... take a pill.

Are we surpressing opinions out here now?

There are many that will agree and disagree with me on the SM5 vs. SE5.... just like F1 shields, Hindle Vs. Other, etc....

It's all about opinion and personal choice.

Almost ALL of us like how the Spyder looks and enjoy the attention... those who claim otherwise are not being honest... so YES... to some degree we ALL care what others think... and IMAGE does come in to play.

I don't see that my OPINION 'degrades' anyone..... take an opinion as just that.

I think the front of the Spyder is downright FUGLY... the trunk is too snow-mobile like. The rest of the bike is smooth and sleek... except the big honking trunk.

I'm tired of the 'snow-mobile' comments when I gas up... ugggg

I also think the yellow is hideous.... so what? If you like it... go for it.... but don't tell me I can't state an opinion. I mean.. it wasn't like I said things personally against YOU.

You already gave your opinion of the SM5.... you didn't like it because you had to think too much when shifting..... that doesn't offend me AT ALL.

I state opinions pretty direct to the point... maybe they are wrong... maybe they are right... maybe they change as time goes on... but they are MINE. If you don't like them.... feel free to NOT read them.....

You're lucky I sugercoat most of what I say.... ;D

I woudn't want to offend any delicate ears out here...... I know this forum is the "happy happy joy joy" place... but get real..... :hot:

In the real world people disagree and have different opinions.

If two people agree all the time..... you don't need one of the people.

Derwin
05-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Um... Derwin..... EVERYTHING EVERYONE says out here is their OPINION... geesh.... take a pill.

Are we surpressing opinions out here now?

Nobodys suppressing opinion. But there is a difference between "opinion" and just being rude.

There are many that will agree and disagree with me on the SM5 vs. SE5.... just like F1 shields, Hindle Vs. Other, etc....

It's all about opinion and personal choice.

Absolutely! That's what a forum is all about.

Almost ALL of us like how the Spyder looks and enjoy the attention... those who claim otherwise are not being honest... so YES... to some degree we ALL care what others think... and IMAGE does come in to play.

Well, in your last post, you said that you didn't care about what anybody thinks. ?

I don't see that my OPINION 'degrades' anyone..... take an opinion as just that.

When you first stated your opinion about the SE5, you got your point across. But when you continue to harp on the thing, and then state that it makes you "barf"......and then press the question as to why would anyone even want one......then that's going beyond stating an opinion. It seems you want to really make people feel a notch lower than you just because they want an SE5. Now that's MY opinion!

I'm tired of the 'snow-mobile' comments when I gas up... ugggg

Well, then I guess you have a problem with the design of the Spyder itself that has nothing to do with the SE5 model. Personally, I couldn't care less what people say to me when I'm at a gas station. Right now I am riding around town on a 150cc scooter, and I get some weird looks from people. There's a bar here in Elwood that a lot of bikers go to, and I can imagine what they think when they see me scooting around! But who cares? I've gone beyond that mentality in my life.

I also think the yellow is hideous.... so what? If you like it... go for it.... but don't tell me I can't state an opinion. I mean.. it wasn't like I said things personally against YOU.

Sorry, but it's just a matter of having a bit of class. You may not like some of the members paint-jobs either, but do you go and post that the paint job they just got looks hideous? I hope not. Even if in your opinion it looks like crap, we should have the decency to not express that, and keep it to ourselves. Again, it's a matter of having class.

You already gave your opinion of the SM5.... you didn't like it because you had to think too much when shifting..... that doesn't offend me AT ALL.

The difference is...I did NOT ask you why in the world you would want the SM5 when you can get the SE5! I stated MY opinion that I can't get used to the clutch and shifting, without saying anything derogatory. Actually, I was stating something inadaquete about MYSELF, but not the Spyder.

I woudn't want to offend any delicate ears out here...... I know this forum is the "happy happy joy joy" place... but get real..... :hot: In the real world people disagree and have different opinions.

If two people agree all the time..... you don't need one of the people.

It's not about "agreeing" with others, or being "happy, happy, joy, joy". It's about being decent toward others even when you don't really think the paint job they got done is good, or the machine they are getting is good in your opinion. What good does it do to tell people stuff like that? If our opinion tears into another person's personal choice, then I just don't understand what is accomplished. I'll repeat...... It's a matter of being decent and polite.

Now that's MY opinion!

Derwin

[/quote]

NancysToy
05-29-2008, 10:02 PM
It's not about "agreeing" with others, or being "happy, happy, joy, joy". It's about being decent toward others even when you don't really think the paint job they got done is good, or the machine they are getting is good in your opinion. What good does it do to tell people stuff like that? If our opinion tears into another person's personal choice, then I just don't understand what is accomplished. I'll repeat...... It's a matter of being decent and polite.

Now that's MY opinion!

Derwin

Amen, Derwin! Well said. Harsh words cause bad feelings. Who needs them? I prefer good manners, myself. Maybe we should just let this thread die right here and now, and start over. How about it guys?
-Scotty

Roaddog2
05-29-2008, 10:11 PM
REALITY CHECK!

Regards,

Mark

Danimal
05-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Well.. I think this whole thing got blown out of proportion....

A few things:

"Well, in your last post, you said that you didn't care about what anybody thinks. ?"

What I said was I didn't care what the 'real' riders thought -- as in... the hardcore HD crowd.

" It seems you want to really make people feel a notch lower than you just because they want an SE5."

You're reading WAY too much into my post if you feel that!. You'll have a more expensive Spyder than I do... and that gives me a superiority complex how?

I hope you enjoy your SE5.. and I'm sure you will... but I've heard (maybe not from you) whining about the delivery dates and delays.... etc..... when there is a sure fire way to solve the delay problem... buy an SM5 if the wait is that bad.

"Sorry, but it's just a matter of having a bit of class. You may not like some of the members paint-jobs either, but do you go and post that the paint job they just got looks hideous? I hope not. Even if in your opinion it looks like crap, we should have the decency to not express that, and keep it to ourselves. Again, it's a matter of having class."

Whatever.... I guess I'm a bit tougher skinned than others.....

Heck.. many people have called me a WIMP or a WUSS (including the owner of this forum) because I'm not going to make the 12 hour(each way) ryde to Valcourt... but you don't see me whining and complaining... I brush it off and move on.

You seem to be unable to read a post without mis-intrepeting the TONE of the poster and then you take it personally.

I guess I'll read all of my posts twice and make sure there isn't ANY possible way they might offend you.... ;D

There are over 3,000 members at CAT now... and I can say that people share opinions in an open manner... and yes some people will say things directly like 'that is fugly' .... but it doesn't cause some big uproar. We're all adults (at least according to our drivers licenses) and can handle someone not liking our mods, color, shields, etc....

Star Cruiser
05-29-2008, 11:12 PM

If they had made it so you could still shift the 'normal' way.... that would be cool. :doorag:

I think that the SE5 is more analagous to a Formula 1 (with paddle shift) than a Sports car. There is the technology to SHIFT quickly and accurately. Just about all high end sports cars are now paddle shift, rather than "stick" shift. I cannot personally shift with my foot, but the technology being available, I would like to take it anyway.

My Crossfire (also a roadster - :)) has autostick. Like the Spyder, you must shift gears, just such accurate synco that you don't need a clutch. It is far from "automatic"
Even the "other" Spyder - by Maserati sports a paddle shift

Danimal
05-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Kewl stuff.... I wonder if they even disengage the clutch?

I'm thinking the SE5 doesn't.

Derwin
05-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Amen, Derwin! Well said. Harsh words cause bad feelings. Who needs them? I prefer good manners, myself. Maybe we should just let this thread die right here and now, and start over. How about it guys?
-Scotty

Thanks. Sounds good to me. :bigthumbsup:

Derwin