PDA

View Full Version : Praying for Justice

otter28169
05-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Last Friday I was at work when I received some disturbing news. My Nephew's Step Father, and his Mother were going to be arrested for sexually abusing him. When I left work I raced to Norwich hoping to get to them before the Sheriff's department did. Lucky for them I did not get to their house before the deputies:banghead:. Both of them Have been arrested and my Nephew is now staying with his father (my brother) and my parents. I can only pray that the two of them are sent to "GenPop" and they get to experience a life lived in fear.

There is some good out of all this though (trying to look at the bright side). My nephew will be coming along with us on our trip to Tennessee the first week of July!!! Last time we took the kids to Florida, he came along and we all had a great time. He is already jockeying for ride time on the spyder during the trip down.

Sorry about the bummer of a post, but I needed to vent.

Bob Denman
05-07-2013, 06:27 PM
:shocked: Well this just stinks! :gaah: At least he's now in a safe place; perhaps some good can grow out of this horrible situation.

vrodrjs
05-07-2013, 06:28 PM
That is a bummer, that part about the LEOs beating you there. At least he is safe now and can begin to get the help he will need to get through this.

boborgera
05-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Venting is good for the soul, Nothing more' that i can say....

spydaman60
05-07-2013, 07:53 PM
he's lucky to have family like you looking out for him now! those few spyder rydes that he gets will probably motivate him to try harder and get one of his own. treat him like one of yours and he'll remember it for ever!:thumbup:

gnirtsnod
05-07-2013, 07:58 PM
You didn't mention his age, but with counseling he can overcome these unfortunate circumstances, not to mention the importance of the love he gets from you and other trustworthy family members. As upsetting as it is, allowing the judicial system to work this out on the perpetrators of this crime rather than on you for assaulting them is much better.

Surround this child with love so he can trust again.

Chupaca
05-07-2013, 11:49 PM
It's hard to believe there are people like that. It's harder to hear when it's happening to people you know. Glad he has good family members willing to step in..I know he will be fine now and will have a great vacation with you...

ARtraveler
05-08-2013, 02:51 PM
PM sent

Can-Am Poogs
05-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Last Friday I was at work when I received some disturbing news. My Nephew's Step Father, and his Mother were going to be arrested for sexually abusing him. When I left work I raced to Norwich hoping to get to them before the Sheriff's department did. Lucky for them I did not get to their house before the deputies:banghead:. Both of them Have been arrested and my Nephew is now staying with his father (my brother) and my parents. I can only pray that the two of them are sent to "GenPop" and they get to experience a life lived in fear.

There is some good out of all this though (trying to look at the bright side). My nephew will be coming along with us on our trip to Tennessee the first week of July!!! Last time we took the kids to Florida, he came along and we all had a great time. He is already jockeying for ride time on the spyder during the trip down.

Sorry about the bummer of a post, but I needed to vent.

Speechless.....eye for an eye...the step father will soon be the victim of some unwanted sexual abuse in short order...skinners don't do well in jail or remand.

FaranH
05-08-2013, 05:16 PM
In working with foster kids and through my friends with B.A.C.A., I've heard of some pretty horrific stories. Your being there for your nephew, letting him know he's safe, and loving him is the best thing you can do. Amen to justice for the "adults", but plenty of love and mercy for the child. Praying for that whole situation.

Woody
05-08-2013, 06:43 PM
If he didn't have you, he would be in a foster home with strangers, or even worse.

Questions
05-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Best wishes for the little boy. May God bless him. It is very strange situation that the relations which are responsible for your protection become the threat for you. To cope with such difficult situation is very difficult.

bullant12
05-13-2013, 12:29 PM
PM Sent... :pray: