PDA

View Full Version : Maggie Valley

CanAmMick
05-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Wanted to see how many Spyder riders from North Carolina are going to be at Maggie Valley for the owners event. My wife and I will be there. Would love to meet some other North Carolina owners!!

danlnc
05-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Going up Wednesday from Locust NC. Hope to meet you there.

Schultzi
05-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Coming up from Greenville, SC.
Look forward meeting you

diesel-dawg
05-07-2013, 09:36 AM
coming from Calabash, NC..... hope to put a handshake on you both. Ken

CanAmMick
05-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Hopefully we can get some others to show up. Would be real nice to have a large number of Carolina Spyder riders to show up.

I'll be wearing my Carolina Spyder Ryders shirt!!!

If any one gets up this way and has trouble in any way just call me. We have a trailer and can haul a Spyder if needed. Here's my cell # 936-581-9964. It's a Texas number but we live in Hendersonville, NC......

Mick

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic4404_8.gif

spyderpoop
05-07-2013, 01:45 PM
my wife and I and another couple are leaving SC on Thursday Morning and if the weather is nice (hope) I,ll stop at exit 36 In NC off 77 as their is a fresh Pretzel Factory shop 3/4 west of 77 on left in a shopping center to stretch and get fresh pretzels for the ride then up to 40 west bound were meeting in Rock Hill SC to go anyone want to join us is welcome

wildbill6565
05-07-2013, 02:31 PM
My wife and will be heading up on Monday.

Mexican
05-07-2013, 04:07 PM
When is the event? i will be there the 16 thru 19th!!

spydergurl
05-07-2013, 06:34 PM
We are leaving Concord NC around 1pm Wednesday.

CanAmMick
05-08-2013, 10:56 AM
When is the event? i will be there the 16 thru 19th!!

The event is the June 13-14. We'll be driving up after work on the 12th. Will be taking our RV and staying at Stonebridge RV park, lot #E7..... Stop by and see us!!! Should have plenty of room, the space that they put us in is about 90' long and the rv and trailer is only around 50"....

Keep my cell number that is in the first post so we can all get together....

Looking forward to meeting all of you!!!

Cruzr Joe
05-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Hopefully we can get some others to show up. Would be real nice to have a large number of Carolina Spyder riders to show up.

I'll be wearing my Carolina Spyder Ryders shirt!!!

If any one gets up this way and has trouble in any way just call me. We have a trailer and can haul a Spyder if needed. Here's my cell # 936-581-9964. It's a Texas number but we live in Hendersonville, NC......

Mick

Might consider posting your info on Spyders To The Rescue on home page

Cruzr Joe

CanAmMick
05-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Might consider posting your info on Spyders To The Rescue on home page

Cruzr Joe

Just did that. Thanks!!!!

paulbrinker
05-08-2013, 04:29 PM
We will be going up on Wednesday with two other couples and staying about 30 minutes away from Maggie Valley. Hope we can get together on Thursday.

CanAmMick
05-08-2013, 05:11 PM
We will be going up on Wednesday with two other couples and staying about 30 minutes away from Maggie Valley. Hope we can get together on Thursday.

I hope a lot us us can get together. Would be nice meeting people from this here and the surrounding states. Should be a lot of fun!!!!

I know when I first purchased my Spyder in 2011 I had a great time at Maggie Valley.

Rayelljay
05-08-2013, 05:48 PM
I'll be there from the 11th through Friday...got a room at the Microtel...hope to meet up with you.

Mexican
05-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Darn it!! one week to early!, i will be leaving Tulsa the 15th and coming back the 19th:(

danlnc
05-08-2013, 06:00 PM

What time are you guys leaving on Wednesday.

2 Stricklands
05-08-2013, 06:05 PM
It looks like about 300 going to Lamonts BBQ and about 30 to 40 are from NC

CanAmMick
05-09-2013, 12:37 PM
It looks like about 300 going to Lamonts BBQ and about 30 to 40 are from NC

If we have 30-40 from here and the surrounding states that would be great!!!

bruiser
05-09-2013, 02:59 PM
We were going to go but had to cancel. Maybe next time.

pslawing
05-09-2013, 06:04 PM
We're leaving sometime Wed AM
Peggy and Dale Lawing
Kings Mountain NC

2Gunns
05-10-2013, 12:46 PM
still working out the details....but plan to be there.

BTW: if anyone is passing thru laurinburg, NC on June 8 join us for Charity Ride

http://www.scotlandhealth.org/docs/Ride_for_Prostate_Cancer_Awareness.pdf

CanAmMick
05-10-2013, 02:25 PM
For all of you that are traveling, be sure to download the Spyder to the Rescue list from the home page of the forum. It's located on the right side of the page. That way if something happens and you need help you can call.

We'll be heading to Maggie Valley Wednesday afternoon hopefully a little after 5pm as soon as I can get off work. I figure we'll be there about 6:30, but if any of you need help just call my cell number.

Catniption
05-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Catniption here. Her Royal Pinkness and I will be traveling from Moncks Corner, SC. I'll be heading out a bit early to go to SpyderDuck's place and then taking a day to have East Tennessee put some new tires on for me and give a little tune-up. We will head toward Maggie Valley Thursday morning from Hickory, NC.

GnA
05-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Requesting a little help from the NC Ryders...

Some of you may recall that last year was my first year to help coordinate the Group Rydes at the BRP Owners Event (OE) last year in Durango.
And, I've been asked to help again in that same capacity this year. We have already received a lot of positive feedback from the Durango rydes last year, and we are going to try to make this year's rydes even better (the process, the maps, etc...).

I have been riding around our beautiful country for 30+ years and still have not come across an area that I didn't absolutely enjoy and always end up making new friends while I'm out there. The NC/TN Magggie Valley, Great Smokies, Blue Ridge Parkway, Deal's Gap area is a tough area to beat when it comes to quality of scenic rydes and great roads to ryde. Each time I'm there... I have a difficult time leaving!!!!

We are putting together a "Volunteer Ryde Guide Crew" for theOwners event. Last year, time was a little short and we didn't accomplish all of our goals, but we learned a little and are planning some improvements for even more enjoyable group and self-guided rydes this June!

If you are interested in being a Ryde Guide this year, we are looking for Spyder Ryders who:

- Are willing to use some of their time while at the OE to be a part of 2 rydes during the event
- Are somewhat familar with the area or can adapt to or become familarized with new roads quickly, by reviewing Google route maps
- Enjoys leading, sweeping and ryding in the middle of groups to lead if the group becomes separated
- Wants to help the other ryders in the group have the best possible ryde experience

If you know someone who fits the bill but may be a little timid to step forward... please fel free to nominate someone and I will PM them to see
if they are interested. We are also looking for a few people who would like to help man the "CRIB" Can Am Ryde Information Booth.

Feel free to private message me, post here or you can email me directly at George.IRide@gmail.com

I hope to hear from you and ryde with you in June... if not before! (how about a practice ryde for those who are close?)

Thanks,
G

SDM
05-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Hubby (Tobor 9) and I are leaving Charleston June 11th. Staying at TravelLowes. Can't wait!!!:yes: Owners Event, Lamonsters BBQ then going to Huntsville, AL on Sunday to visit my aunt for a couple of days.

pickelhead
05-13-2013, 09:43 AM
My wife and I will be there, we only live 45 minutes away.:yes:

Leslee
05-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Ron & I are leaving Apex, NC on Wednesday, June 12. If anyone in the Triangle area wants to ride with us, send a message. Leslee Turner

hdspyder
05-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Wife and I will be leaving Friday morning. We are about 2 1/2 hours away, we are staying at the Best Western. Then heading to Lamont's for BBQ Saturday morning hope to meet as many spyder ryders as possible. Staying at the Hampton Inn in Greeneville Tn.

Mexican
05-14-2013, 08:08 PM
I will be leaving tomorrow for Maggie Valley, my wife will be riding the Spyder and i will be riding the triumph, if you guys see a bunch of bikes and a red Spyder wave at us!!:D
Will be riding on I-40 and stop for the night at Knoxville, will get to MV thursday noonish, will stay at the Holyday motel, hope i get to see some of you guys staying late there!

Yfactor
05-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Have to cancel my trip to Maggie Valley this year. After all the planing and arranging for the place in Waynesville I find out my oldest grandson's graduation is planed for the 14th. Being a 7 hr ride from here it just is not feasible. Wishing all those going a great time. :sour: :sour:

YIRYDE
05-15-2013, 05:55 AM
My wife and I will be there, we only live 45 minutes away.:yes:

I'm glad you will be feeling well enough to attend, looking forward to seeing you again.

spyderwoman
05-19-2013, 07:40 AM
Jimmy and I are leaving Wednesday afternoon from Morganton, NC. Camping at Creekwood Farms RV.

blacklightning
05-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Ron & I are leaving Apex, NC on Wednesday, June 12. If anyone in the Triangle area wants to ride with us, send a message. Leslee Turner

Hi! I have been hanging around here for about a week or so. I finally took my first ride on a spyder last wednesday, and I was impressed. Now it is just a matter of which toy I will be giving up to get one.
I just came across this event in Maggie Valley, and noticed that it is the same time that we are heading up for a pre-mid atlantic meet of the M109 riders. I also see that you are in the Apex area. If you would like, we have a group that will also be leaving from Apex on wednesday morning, and maybe you could ride down with us. There is quite an assortment of us going. Everything from M109's, Harleys, honda VTX, and this year I will be on my kawasaki. There will be about 5-6 of us and are always looking for new road partners. We will be staying at the Radison, Microtel, and the Valley Inn. Shoot me a Pm, and I will send you a phone number if you are interested.

RLM
05-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Going up Wednesday from Kannapolis. Will be at the Comfort Inn.

rayeade
05-27-2013, 06:31 AM
My wife and I will be leaving Wednesdaybafternoon from Easley, SC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

StillKickin
06-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Busy time of year for me but plan on riding up on Friday at least and checking it out. My first Owners Event. Plan to ride to Lamonts on Sat. I live close enough for day trips. Cya all there! Bill & Karen, aka; StillKickin & Churchlady

rhagen31453
06-07-2013, 01:05 PM
will be leaving Raleigh area wed morn. anyone else near Raleigh?

2Gunns
06-10-2013, 12:47 PM
my schedule will not allow us to leave until Thursday, but should be in MV sometime early afternoon. Anyone thought about a central time/place for a Carolina meet-n-greet?

CanAmMick
06-10-2013, 02:09 PM
my schedule will not allow us to leave until Thursday, but should be in MV sometime early afternoon. Anyone thought about a central time/place for a Carolina meet-n-greet?

Sounds good to me... Just need a place and a time...

blacklightning
06-12-2013, 01:49 PM
We will be leaving the Raleigh area at 8:00 am tomorrow morning. I hope to get there before the storm showers that they are predicting comes through. Hope to see you guys.

2Gunns
06-12-2013, 03:18 PM
I'll be on the lookout for a Carolina Ryders table at the event. Hope everyone has safe travels

CanAmMick
06-12-2013, 03:44 PM
I'll be on the lookout for a Carolina Ryders table at the event. Hope everyone has safe travels

Sounds great to me.

We'll be headed up that way in about 30 minutes!!

blacklightning
06-16-2013, 09:07 PM
I saw a lot of spyders, and talked to a lot of owners in Maggie Valley. I was there for the pre-m109 riders meet, and we had a blast. I didn't have a spyder, so I didn't really get to go to any of the events, but I had great conversations with riders that I meet at the Ramada Inn. I hope to make one of these future events and actually be riding a spyder of my own.