PDA

View Full Version : Anyone riding with Helibars riser?

ARCTIC
05-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Curious if anybody has the helibars handlebar riser? Does it change the way the bike feels? It appears as if it would change the turning motion to a swinging side to side motion?

Thanks!

krzychick
05-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Rivco has GREAT RISERS,check us out on line,rivcoproducts.com, item #CA017...risers for the 2008 and newer RS model. These risers bring the handlebars back toward the rider 3 1/2" reducing rider's reach to the bars, and reducing back and neck strain. Rivco is now offering free shipping :thumbup:to all of the spyderlover forum riders, call today 1-888-801-8222. Thanks, KRZY CHICK;)

Curious if anybody has the helibars handlebar riser? Does it change the way the bike feels? It appears as if it would change the turning motion to a swinging side to side motion?

Thanks!

asp125
05-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Subscribed. Interested in heli-bars as well. I want a set of no-cut risers that won't destroy my factory bars in case I don't like them and want to swap back.

ARCTIC
05-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Rivco has GREAT RISERS,check us out on line,rivcoproducts.com, item #CA017...risers for the 2008 and newer RS model. These risers bring the handlebars back toward the rider 3 1/2" reducing rider's reach to the bars, and reducing back and neck strain. Rivco is now offering free shipping :thumbup:to all of the spyderlover forum riders, call today 1-888-801-8222. Thanks, KRZY CHICK;)

Not exactly the response I was looking for but anyway... I had some from custom dynamics but they wouldn't work because my reservoir would make contact with them forcing the brake lever skyward when I adjusted them back towards me. I assume yours would do the same :dontknow:

Subscribed. Interested in heli-bars as well. I want a set of no-cut risers that won't destroy my factory bars in case I don't like them and want to swap back.

If it wasn't so damn expensive for these accessories... I'd dive right in and get one. $369 looks to be the going rate. Never any used ones out there either

Spyderjuice
05-06-2013, 03:06 PM
I have had them for about three years now. I don't notice any difference in feel or handling. They do sit you more upright and back a little bit. It's either back 3" and up 2" or back 2" and up 3". I don't remember but their web site I believe gives you that information. I also have the BRP 1" riser used with mine. That's about all the cable length you have to work with. Stan

ARCTIC
05-06-2013, 03:17 PM
I have had them for about three years now. I don't notice any difference in feel or handling. They do sit you more upright and back a little bit. It's either back 3" and up 2" or back 2" and up 3". I don't remember but their web site I believe gives you that information. I also have the BRP 1" riser used with mine. That's about all the cable length you have to work with. Stan
Good to know. I also have the brp 1" So you did ride your spyder without the heli-bars riser then?

Spyderjuice
05-06-2013, 04:01 PM
I had the 1" riser on the bike when I bought it and later added the hellibars. I have both on the bike now and have for several years. I like them. Stan

asp125
05-06-2013, 04:26 PM

Actually back 4.5 and up 1 without the BRP 1" riser block according to their website.

If it wasn't so damn expensive for these accessories... I'd dive right in and get one. $369 looks to be the going rate. Never any used ones out there either
Got one on order now. No thanks to you guys for helping me spend my farkle money! :roflblack:

donec
05-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I have the 1" BRP riser and the 4" HeliBars® Handlebar Risers they let me sit more upright and they give me quite a bit more control of my steering because with them I place less preasure on my handel bars allowing me to have a lighter touch which the Spyder needs.

ARCTIC
05-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Do any of you with the heli-bars ride aggressively? I have the vss chopping my throttle frequently when I ride

donec
05-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Do any of you with the heli-bars ride aggressively? I have the vss chopping my throttle frequently when I rideNot I.

HuckFin
05-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Does anyone know if the helibar wil fit a 2013 RSS?....Their website shows 2009-2012.

HuckFin
05-07-2013, 11:48 PM

Thanks!

"Change the turning motion to a swinging motion?"...Wow, never thought of that...I would like to know as well, before I buy one.

Spacetrucker
05-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Yes call them they are a great group to deal with. Have them on my gs and a great. But call they will help. Jim has them on his 2013 rts and work great....

Spacetrucker
05-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Yes to rss but call them ok..good luck...

Motorcycledave
05-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Without a doubt.... the best mod I have done to my Spyder.
The stock seating position on a GS/RS is just like a crotch rocket
bent forward with your legs back on the pegs forcing you to lean on
the handlebars causing crazy steering, pain in your back & shoulders.
The Heli Bar Risers though $$$$$ costly along with the BRP riser put
the bars up and back to the same position as the new Spyder ST.
I also installed the Rivco floorboards & road peg mounts, along with
a Dave's Custom all day seat with Comfort Max Gel the difference
is fantastic I can ride for hours and hours pain free and enjoy the ride.
Ride safe
Dave:)

donec
05-08-2013, 11:31 AM
If you want to see the effect of risers between the rs, rt and st you can go to ....
http://cycle-ergo.com/

and select the model then add the changes to configure it for your size, risers and what ever. I just found out if you select more than one model in the same browser tab it will create a site tab for each and if you go back to the first site tab and scroll with the mouse wheel it will show shadows in one picture of all the selected models.

zrc
05-08-2013, 01:04 PM
I have the heli-riser.

it was on my bike when I got it, so I cannot speak to the difference in stock to post heli. What I can say is that I ride aggressively, and while VSS and I have our days, I do not activate the VSS accept when I am being teenagerish. Usually it is within the limits of my driving, and I would hazard a guess that I drive a bit more harshly than most.

I am very pleased with the riser kit, and in addition I love the power kit that replaces the ignition blank. Lets my cell be mounted center and have power.

Marauder
07-27-2013, 03:03 PM

Thanks!
YES!,, They are fantastic on our 2008!!! We sit up nice, no backache.

rcantrell52
07-28-2013, 04:42 PM
We have the 3" Heli riser's on our 2010 RS-S. These risers have not effected the steering of our Spyder. These riser's help to reduce the stress on my lower back.
Reese

Bob Denman
07-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Spyderjockey has logged about 84,000 miles on his GS with a Heli-Bar... I'd PM him if I were you. :thumbup:

ARCTIC
07-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Spyderjockey has logged about 84,000 miles on his GS with a Heli-Bar... I'd PM him if I were you. :thumbup:

I'm past the research stage and I'd like to find a used one for sale

Marykt
12-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Did the dealers install the risers/helibars? How long was labor for install?:dg1:

xinu
12-29-2013, 01:24 PM
... I had some from custom dynamics but they wouldn't work because my reservoir would make contact with them forcing the brake lever skyward when I adjusted them back towards me. I assume yours would do the same :dontknow:...

I just purchased a set of risers from Custom Dynamics for a 2012 RSS and was interested in your comment regarding the reservoir making contact with something forcing the brake lever skywards. I'm trying to picture what the issue would have been and if I should be concerned with my upcoming install.

Marykt
12-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Well, I just ordered my Rivco Heli bars!!! Can't wait for Spring:clap:

Dkerr
01-05-2014, 10:46 PM
I recently installed Custom Dynamics 3.5" risers on my 2009 GS, and have no issues "forcing the clutch lever skyward"... These risers have a notch that accomodates the position of the reservoir. I first boughthe 4.5" risers from Custom Dynamics but found they will not work if you have the BRP factory 1" riser. You will want to check that before starting the installation if you bought the 4.5" version...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Questions
01-06-2014, 12:14 AM
I have just installed the 3.5" risers from Rivco and there drivers floor boards and man what a improvement that this is. I'm setting up strait and feet up to the cowling almost a ST. Just need a seat next

donec
01-06-2014, 02:08 PM
I first boughthe 4.5" risers from Custom Dynamics but found they will not work if you have the BRP factory 1" riser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDWhy won't they work?