PDA

View Full Version : Friday afternoon ride

bjt
05-24-2008, 07:43 AM
dltang and I rode down to Brighton, MI (about 40 minutes south of us) to meet up with another couple who bought a Spyder at the same dealership that we did. dltang has talked with them on the phone a few times (they aren't members on the forums) and they asked if we could meet up so they could see some of our mods, especially the F1 windshield.

We met up at C & C Cycles (where daddydarko picked up his red Spyder I think) and I got to shop for some accessories. ;D They had some FirstGear luggage / bags that I like and I keep trying to envision how I can get them to fit on the Spyder, especially their tank bag. I also found a Shark helmet that seemed to have some nice features and a decent fit on my head at a decent price. For Spyder specific accessories they had the trunk liner (first one I've seen and I liked it), tank bag, Hindle exhaust, rear rack bag, yellow seat cowl, and maybe a few others. dltang wouldn't let me buy anything though... :joke:

The other couple each took dltang's Spyder for a ride to test out the F1 (did we mention her paint job is 90% complete and we put the panels back on? The painter will do her extra graphics with the panels on the spyder.) They both seemed to like it so Marcel is probably going to be getting another call for the F1. Also, he liked my highway pegs so we gave the details of brackets, pegs and where to order. Of course, we name dropped SpyderLovers.com many times so they might be joining up here. ;D

After the chit chatting and test rides, we decided to go for a nice little ride around their neck of the woods. We took a leisurely ride for an hour and ended up at an ice cream parlor named Screams. It is in a little town called Hell. First time I've ever been there but we have heard about it as there are a lot of rides, events and whatnot there and , to me, a lot of the attraction is the novelty of the name (I've ridden through Hell, etc.). The attraction of this specific ice cream parlor...? Well it was all done in a big halloween motif and the contestant from the latest episode of Survivor, a guy from Pinckney Michigan, worked there. We chatted with him for a while about his experiences on the show. It was pretty cool and we got to eat some very good ice cream. :doorag: Then we made our way back to the expressway and headed for home.

All in all, it was an enjoyable day. I discovered that I get probably 5 more miles per gallon when doing more expressway riding than my normal around town riding. The Evo II windshield performed very well, I like it more and more as I get more expressway experience with it. I got to hang out with the missus :-* and make some new friends. Needless to say, we turned countless heads, especially when we had a silver, a yellow, and a dark red Spyder rolling down the road together. :doorag: :spyder:

jeuchler
05-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Love "Spyder travelogs" like this!

Everytime we read one like yours, we say, "Hey, maybe we should move there!"

Thanks, bjt!

bjt
05-24-2008, 08:55 AM
:a20: That is probably the first time in years that I've heard someone say they wanted to move TO Michigan....

hawkiii
05-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Sounds like a great ride. Happy to hear dltang has her ride back. Can't wait to see the pics. :bigthumbsup: