PDA

View Full Version : New EBC Rotors and Pads! NICE!

vtspyder
05-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Had badly warped rotors on the front of my RS. Ordered a set of EBC's and got the pads from BajaRon. Would have ordered everything from him but wasn't aware of him carrying that stuff until I did some more searching on here. Took it out for a run this afternoon and it's beautiful. Effortless stops and the pads haven't even set in yet. Really nice!

A couple of things to consider when changing the pads:
1. Do yourself a favor and get 8 new spring clips that hold the pads. I ended up breaking one removing it from the old pad. Ended up making one out of a spring I had in the tool box. Why EBC pads are $100 a set (4 for the fronts) and don't come with new spring clips is idiotic and LAME!
2.Get yourself a tube of CRC Disk Brake Quiet. Only put on about 60 miles and so far so good. Not a peep! BajaRon recommended it.`

SpyderAnn01
05-04-2013, 05:19 PM
I had just changed the rear rotor and pads on my old RT to the EBCs from BajaRon and I really liked them too. I've got the Brembo's on the new RT and they are really, really nice.

SPYD1
05-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Rear pads will be my next project. I have some life left but the squealing...well I find it embarrassing and annoying.

Flanker
05-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Yea, I was eyeballing 'em on BR's site....................no way to justify them now on a new ride though. You lucky dog! :thumbup:

vtspyder
05-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Got a big ride tomorrow with the wifey. Gonna finish the recommended bedding process on some "east podunk" road. It's gonna be a Sunday so the idiots:sour: will be out in force and the weather is supposed to be beautiful:clap:. Some dumb :cus: made a 3 point turn right in front of me on rte 7 today in E Dorset in a 50 mph zone so ride safe folks! They're already out!

vtspyder
05-06-2013, 05:12 AM
Bedding process complete and in 170 miles not a peep out of the brakes. No squeaks, squeals, chirps. Dead Silent! That stuff really works.:thumbup:

SllimG
05-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Can someone tell me where to buy the front clips? I can only find the whole pad kit on the BRP parts site.

BajaRon
05-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Can someone tell me where to buy the front clips? I can only find the whole pad kit on the BRP parts site.

You might want to PM VTSpyder. Sounds like he may have a source for them.

vtspyder
05-14-2013, 09:44 AM

Take a spring off of one of the pads without breaking it. Go to a hardware store with it and by a similar diameter, long coil spring. Take 2 needle nose pliers and make one out of the spring you bought. Take your time and keep you bends as few as possible. I did it in about 5 minutes. Keep the oem one in front of you for a reference as you're bending.:thumbup: