PDA

View Full Version : Question on Headlights

sjcpanther
05-04-2013, 08:59 AM
I have a 2012 RT, and when riding at night, I used have my low beams on along with my newly installed fog lights. Cars coming the other way would flash me, telling me to dim my lights. I have then starting driving without the fog lights, but even with my low beams on, I still get flashed.

I saw another thread where you can adjust your headlight beam output. Is this something that I should do? Maybe point them further down? Will this help in that regard? Any other suggestions?

Just frustrating that I get flashed, and I've got the minimum amount of light going out.

bruiser
05-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Sounds like an adjustment is needed. There is a procedure in the owners manual.

sjcpanther
05-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I'll be trying that today. Just making sure I was on the right track.

Thanks.

NancysToy
05-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Just so you understand, you don't adjust the output, you adjust the aim. The rear suspension should be at the setting you normally ride at, and the Spyder sould preferably be loaded, especially if you carry a passenger normally. Any weight that is added to the rear cargo compartments or the seat will raise the beams. As was said, the alignment procedure is in your manual.

So much for the scientific approach. The easy way is to point the Spyder toward a wall, mark where the beams hit (upper edge of low beam works well), then lower the beam from your marks. Be sure both sides are even. Try it and see if it is better.

One more thing. If you are getting flashed in the daytime, try riding with the high beams on. The combination of the projector lens and the low beam shutter makes the oncoming headlights seem to flash on and off in the daytime.

SPYD1
05-04-2013, 11:54 AM
And...you should be sitting on it when you adjust them.

ARtraveler
05-04-2013, 01:26 PM
It looks like the have your question covered. :thumbup:

sjcpanther
05-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks, guys.

Ronbo
05-04-2013, 04:21 PM
I had rather them flash me than not see me.