PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone installed ISCI Adjustable Risers on the RS/RSS ?

kawakii
05-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone installed these. We have our Spyder at the dealership and the got them mounted and working until we went to drive and it pulled the cables too tight and caused the bike to loose reverse ?

We have been told that the undid the zip ties to give more slack on the cables. The adjustable handlebars give 4 more inches of height and I though other had installed risers this height and had ample cables ?

Anyone ? We had to leave bike at dealership so they can tear apart again and see that they have loosened all the can, and if not order longer cables.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Capt John
05-04-2013, 05:33 AM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone installed these. We have our Spyder at the dealership and the got them mounted and working until we went to drive and it pulled the cables too tight and caused the bike to loose reverse ?

We have been told that the undid the zip ties to give more slack on the cables. The adjustable handlebars give 4 more inches of height and I though other had installed risers this height and had ample cables ?

Anyone ? We had to leave bike at dealership so they can tear apart again and see that they have loosened all the can, and if not order longer cables.

Thanks
Look at this thread http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?6190-ESI-Riser-Install it is not the same risers, but I originally put these on my spyder and I had to reroute the seat latch cable and the front trunk cable to give me enough slack. I swapped the ESI risers for kewlmetal 3 way adjustable very similar to the ISCI risers. I believe kewlmetal may have longer cable if cutting the zip ties doesn't work. Some of those zip ties can be hard to get to if you don't take off the windshield tupperware.

Frank G
05-04-2013, 07:30 AM
I installed 4" risers on my 2011 RS SE5 Myself. Yes cut the cable ties and made sure there was no bind when turning left or right. No Issues, really enjoy them.:thumbup: Added the touring windshield and Rivco Floor Boards. Al:yes::yes::yes:most a ST now!

Rockwall
05-04-2013, 07:48 AM
I would have the dealer call ISCI directly and ask for help.

kawakii
05-04-2013, 10:18 AM
We will be having the dealer call ISCI directly on Monday. We were just hoping if the tech had time today he'd check again on the zip tie issue so we could hopefully not lose the weekend with the bike since our other bike, Harley Nighster is also out of commission since. Short school bus backed over it this week...it's at the Harley Dealership waiting on an appraiser.

Thanks everyone !

Blue Star
05-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks

When I had my RS, and installed a set of risers (don't remember brand) I had to disconnect my clutch hose and reroute it over the reverse wires to give me some more slack, as when the clutch hose was under it was too tight.

kawakii
05-04-2013, 10:58 PM
When I had my RS, and installed a set of risers (don't remember brand) I had to disconnect my clutch hose and reroute it over the reverse wires to give me some more slack, as when the clutch hose was under it was too tight.

All installed :) Thanks for the suggestions ! Wrote review of them on another thread.