PDA

View Full Version : A week without SpyderLovers but we had fun anyway

Pennyrick
05-03-2013, 06:02 PM
We just completed a great week long run on the Spyders that took us through lots of rural north Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and North Carolina. Weather held good for us, accommodations were great, roads were smooth and the food was mostly iffy.

I left the I phone at home and did not access a computer for six days and survived. Did find a whole mess of postings when I booted it up today however. I guess we missed a whole lot of back and forths about Spyderfest and other get togethers. (Poor Lamont.. damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Even though I have contributed financially to support this site I fully expect him to monitor and audit threads as he sees fit).

Of all the roads we traveled I have to say that Highway 28 that runs from Deal's Gap south to WalHalla, South Carolina is a very neat road. The stretch from just outside of Bryson City, NC, south to the SC line is exceptional and the newly paved part from Franklin NC to Highlands NC is beyond compare!!

We hit that route after a heavy rain had passed and the fountains of white water running down the mountain sides, and raging through the river that runs along side the road were awesome. The road has lots of turn outs for viewing and I lost count of the waterfalls we saw. How we missed running this stretch of road in the past is a mystery but we plan to ride it again.... and again.

Chupaca
05-03-2013, 06:08 PM
glad you had such a nice ryde with favorable weather and some awesome roads. Sorry the food was lacking. Good to have you back safe and sound..!! :clap:

Rockwall
05-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Sounds like you lived the dream.:doorag:

PrairieSpyder
05-03-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm also glad you had a good road-tryp. It turned cold & rainy here so I won't be ryding again for a week or so.

It's also good to go "unplugged" now and then. I've been off Facebook for about a month now, and I haven't really missed it. Quite a revelation!:coffee: