PDA

View Full Version : "To bag....... Or not to bag....."

spydermyke990
05-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Wondering if any of you guys (and gals) that own yellow sts' have added side bags to your machine, I'm considering adding them for the next rainy- day farkling sometime later this year. :spyder:

MMMII
05-03-2013, 05:55 PM
It's not Yellow but I bagged it:

- MMMII

Bob Denman
05-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Question: How much "stuff" do you figure that you'll ever want to carry? :dontknow:

Chupaca
05-03-2013, 06:12 PM
need the space. I personally love the rear look of the roadster, it's what makes it what it is and with bags it looks like a quad.. Jmo have strap ons for bigger loads...!!

ARtraveler
05-03-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Bags. The Givi bags do make the :spyder2: look great. I had them on my 2008 GS. My RT came with the side bags standard.

Did I use the ones on the 2008 and do I use the ones on my 2010? The answer is only a couple times--when I went on long overnight trips. I get the most use out of my frunk and my top trunks.

To me--it boils down to looks versus usefullness. The Givi's cost $1100.00 for the basic black. Add matching color panels for $130.00. You have to vote with the pocket book.

I actually liked the Corbins better--but they were another $500 more or so at the time I bought the Givi's. Here's the 2008 before I added the top trunk.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20868&thumb=1&d=1311885595

vtrider
05-04-2013, 03:59 AM
When I first purchased my 2008 GS I started using a tail bag for extra storage. I needed it to carry extra gear and clothing especially on longer road trips. I eventually invested in the Givi bags along with the Corbin seat and smuggler trunk setup. I must say I do like all that storage. Its also nice to be able to keep the space in the front trunk free. This gives you the extra room to lockup your helmet, riding jacket or other items when your at events or just out shopping for example. The Givi bags are expensive, but worth the money to me. You can also remove them and the mounting brackets if your not using them to keep the more traditional look of the spyder.

Yelhelp
05-04-2013, 05:15 AM
I think it makes the rear look bigger. :sour:

:ohyea:
Wondering if any of you guys (and gals) that own yellow sts' have added side bags to your machine, I'm considering adding them for the next rainy- day farkling sometime later this year. :spyder:

r1100rider
05-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Look at the soft bags that RKA make they are made in the USA they will make them in colors and they work great no ugly brackets with out the bags on and they cost way less and are there only when you need them they expand when you need more room and they are soft so they are more forgiving to shapes put inside

JKMSPYDER
05-04-2013, 08:54 PM
I have ordered the Nelson Rigg soft saddlebags.

Saluda
05-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Wouldn't be without them. Had them on the old Spyder too. It is yellow ! (Love that color - picture hasn't been changed)

aviscomi
05-07-2013, 08:15 AM
In addition to the saddlebags that came with my ST Limited I was able to strap this Harley Sissy Bar Bag on the backrest for my recent Florida trek.

asp125
05-07-2013, 11:49 AM
I have a yellow GS and IMO the color matched Givi bags balances out the look of the front fenders quite nicely. Especially with all that yellow in the front and only the rear fender and tail in the back, it helps to add additional colors back there. Without it the roadster looks front heavy. Plus now I have a ton of room for luggage.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8048/8088637799_3788d8a684_c.jpg

MMMII
05-07-2013, 01:19 PM
I think it does add some balance to the look and at first didn't really know what I would carry in my bags. I usually wear a vest but it's nice to be able to pack a mesh riding jacket, liner and turtle fur just in case without eating up all the frunk space. The other side is reserved for my wife's "stuff"..... I thought for sure I would have the bags off most of the time but I haven't taken then off once since install.