PDA

View Full Version : Made it to Thunder Beach. Brought both bikes, guess which one i am riding....

rabtech
05-03-2013, 07:35 AM
This is how powerful the spyder draws you into its comfort and ease of use....

I was going to trailer my Ducati Diavel down with a couple of other friends bikes. At the last minute a friend called and wanted me to ride down with him. I told him that I was trailering my Ducati down and that I had other bikes to bring. He begged and begged. So I called one of the guys that I was trailering his bike. I told him that he would have to bring all the bikes and my truck and I would ride the Spyder down. SOOOOO...

I left out and traveled down to Florida from north Alabama. First thing I noticed was my touring windshield was keeping things very quiet. I could easily hear my radio at speeds in excess of 85. I also noticed that cruise control was able to hold my 350 pounds at 90 with no issues. And my new 2" longer comfort seat was actually comfortable. I also noticed that i could take one finder and hold it against the right throttle side of the handlebars and keep it straight and true. (this is from the crown in the road.)

Once I arrived I unloaded the Ducati and pulled it into the parking deck. And I can say that after 2 days I have ridden the spyder every day. I have only cranked the Ducati to ride it once down the beach.

The spyder is pretty damn cool.

I will be here till Sunday. Just look for the big bald guy on the white RT limited.

See ya

d.o.spyder-rts
05-03-2013, 09:21 AM
I wondered how many spyders would make to thunder beach this spring. I'll be off tomorrow, so I plan on checking out some of the vendors. Dale

PrairieSpyder
05-03-2013, 11:01 AM
..... I also noticed that cruise control was able to hold my 350 pounds at 90 with no issues. And my new 2" longer comfort seat was actually comfortable. I also noticed that i could take one finder and hold it against the right throttle side of the handlebars and keep it straight and true. (this is from the crown in the road.) ....
The spyder is pretty damn cool. ...

At 90? Have you responded to the other thread about tickets?:yikes:

Chupaca
05-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Once you start it grabs hold with a siren like calling. Come ryde with me..!! :clap:

rabtech
05-03-2013, 03:50 PM
At 90? Have you responded to the other thread about tickets?:yikes:

is there a thread about tickets? I probably could win some kind of competition for the most tickets..... Over the last 7 years I have had 13 tickets. And knock on wood..... no accidents ever. Im 40 now...

lookerjdc
05-03-2013, 06:58 PM
I should have gone there on my way home but..... stupid me:banghead:

which windshield are you using?

PCBeachBum
05-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Thunder/Lightening Beach has been interesting and I've seen a few white RT's and only wish I had wipers on my eye protection. Got soaked on Thursday and looking out at the Spyder I thought I would need a Sea-Doo, with the parking lot filling with water. But once I'm soaked I don't care and in the hotter weather a good soaking feels great.
I gotta say this has been the wettest Thunder Beach I have seen, since moving here 12 years ago and more coming on Saturday and Sunday with winds in the 20 to 30 mph range. It always amazes me with rain during the day and clear at night. The roar of engines now sounds great from my house and by Sunday night it will be to quiet to sleep.

rabtech
05-05-2013, 05:01 AM
I have been to many rallies. But this was my first time to go to thunder beach. It was ok. It was a bit wet. I like a little sprinkle but not quite this much. I was the big bald guy with the silver mesh joe rocket jacket on. Ill be at Lamont' s house for cookout. And maggie valley. I may even sneak up to Myrtle beach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2