PDA

View Full Version : Rico flag holder

Jbiancolli
05-02-2013, 03:12 PM
I've installed the new flag holder from Rivco. Quality is there except for the plastic clamps which keep the flag from slipping on the pole. First ride, lost 3 clamps and the fourth lost its springiness. Any ideas what can be used that will still look good? I've also contacted Rivco for any suggestions.

Montery
05-02-2013, 03:29 PM
I've installed the new flag holder from Rivco. Quality is there except for the plastic clamps which keep the flag from slipping on the pole. First ride, lost 3 clamps and the fourth lost its springiness. Any ideas what can be used that will still look good? I've also contacted Rivco for any suggestions.

I have the same Rico flag holders and I use O rings aboue and below the flags.They work great,I have the same system on my Yamaha and over 20,000 miles no problems,,,,,,,

krzychick
05-03-2013, 10:23 AM
I am so sorry about the loss of your clips,:opps: please let me know what I can do to help, I sure hope you didn't lose your flag???? I would love to send you a few sets of the clips, on Rivco, and anything else we can do to make it better, I agree with the O rings, thanks for your input on that...KRZY CHICK;)

Jbiancolli
05-03-2013, 10:28 AM
I am so sorry about the loss of your clips,:opps: please let me know what I can do to help, I sure hope you didn't lose your flag???? I would love to send you a few sets of the clips, on Rivco, and anything else we can do to make it better, I agree with the O rings, thanks for your input on that...KRZY CHICK;)

Thanks for the offer but I don't have confidence in the clips. I went to Lowes and picked up some 3/16 rubber washers. Works like a charm. Thanks again

shelbydave
05-03-2013, 10:54 AM
I lost one of the clips on my first ride, but I think it was due to where I positioned the clip on the flag... I think it was right on one of the seams, where the material is the thickest. Since then, I have stitched the flags so that the loop where the flagpole goes is a bit tighter, and I only need one clip to keep it in place. The flag slips on so tight that I won't lose it over the top even if the clip came off.

I thought I had come across some spring steel clips once upon a time, but I don't remember where I saw them, or what they were for. I guess I'll have to either look in my junk bins, or overdose on Ginko to get my answer...

Oldmanzues
05-03-2013, 08:32 PM
ZIP ties work as well Oldmanzues