PDA

View Full Version : Performance improves after 1st service-downloaded 5 Spyder software updates

YRYDE
05-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi there Spyderlovers,

My Spyder just received its first service yesterday. Had the oil and filter changed, had some warranty work completed, adjusted the suspension for maximum stiffness, installed the backrest, installed the Evoluzione Talon alarm system, swapped the stock muffler (with the burn mark) for the Hindle, and replaced the stock air filter with the Evoluzione high performance air filter.

Wow! The Spyder can breath and its corresponding performance has improved like I have a high performance engine. I recommend these last two modifications to anyone who wants better throttle response without breaking the bank.

With the F1 windshield installed I can actually hear the Hindle when I'm riding at highway speeds, although I must admit I do lower my head a bit to get into the pocket of still air the F1 windshield provides. Several bikers mentioned the muffler has the higher-frequencey tones similar to the Ducati along with the low end rumble of a straight pipe without it being too loud.

The service technician told me my Spyder received 5 separate software updates. These software updates should eliminate some if not all of the various fault codes I had experienced recently. It was recommended that I should bring my Spyder into the nearest authorized dealership every six months for any future software updates for the Spyder. I thought I'd pass his advice along as it sounds like it will be helpful to us all.

Stoked UP on the Spyder

Yooper Ryder :bigthumbsup: