PDA

View Full Version : Owners Event Agenda

arntufun
05-02-2013, 05:49 AM
Every time I check the agenda, the site tells me it's coming soon ?????????? This event is only 6 weeks away, surely they must have a pretty good idea by now.....

What usually happens, and when does the agenda normally get posted ??????

captblack
05-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Should be pretty straight forward ... register, find out when the catered meal is, hit the road and enjoy the scenery, back to the hotel for a few cold ones and do it again tomorrow. Say goodbye to old and new friends and head to Lamont's for some more visiting and great BBQ. Anything more structured than that is overkill - IMHO :thumbup:

arntufun
05-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Are you saying that everyone does thier own thing and only gets together for the one meal ???????

Lamonster
05-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Most likely it will be self guided tours with maps, a bike show, some entertainment, a great meal and a closing ceremony. It's only two days so I wouldn't expect too much. The best part is my BBQ,. ;)

retired1
05-02-2013, 07:52 AM
I agree!:thumbup::ohyea:

SpyderAnn01
05-02-2013, 10:13 AM
They must be doing guided rides again this year as there is a post looking for input on what rides people want to go on. As for the last time in Maggie Valley there were no group events other than the meal. As Lamont said the best part is his BBQ. But the riding is awesome in the area and the last time it was there they gave free tickets to Wheels in Time.

Randy, I thought you were going to Spyderfest this year, did I miss you?

arntufun
05-02-2013, 10:22 AM
They must be doing guided rides again this year as there is a post looking for input on what rides people want to go on. As for the last time in Maggie Valley there were no group events other than the meal. As Lamont said the best part is his BBQ. But the riding is awesome in the area and the last time it was there they gave free tickets to Wheels in Time.

Randy, I thought you were going to Spyderfest this year, did I miss you?

Trust me, If I was at Spyderfest you would have known it. :roflblack:
:roflblack:

No....... we did not go this year, but we are registered for the Owners Event and made hotel reservations. We are looking forward to our first long road trip with the Spyder (in the back of my pick-up truck). :yes:

When did you get a new Spyder ?????

SpyderAnn01
05-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Trust me, If I was at Spyderfest you would have known it. :roflblack:
:roflblack:

No....... we did not go this year, but we are registered for the Owners Event and made hotel reservations. We are looking forward to our first long road trip with the Spyder (in the back of my pick-up truck). :yes:

When did you get a new Spyder ?????

I figured I would have known if you were there but I thought maybe you were camping and didn't leave the campground. My Spyder had some mechanical issues that would have required me to either spend a long time in Springfield or fly home and back again to pick it up. So with over 59,000 miles on it Len made me a great deal on a 2013 RTS. He will fix mine under Best warranty and sell it. It was time for a new one and the circumstances made the decision easy.

See you at the Owner's Event.

ulflyer
05-02-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm not sure I can make the BRP event; If I do, it will be on the second day only. Can one register upon arrival?

spydaman60
05-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Every time I check the agenda, the site tells me it's coming soon ?????????? This event is only 6 weeks away, surely they must have a pretty good idea by now.....

What usually happens, and when does the agenda normally get posted ??????did the guys from SITA take this over? it's kinda looking like it!:roflblack::roflblack:

NancysToy
05-02-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure I can make the BRP event; If I do, it will be on the second day only. Can one register upon arrival?
You have to preregister at the BRP Website. You can normally pick up your registration packet any day.

GnA
05-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Most likely it will be self guided tours with maps, a bike show, some entertainment, a great meal and a closing ceremony. It's only two days so I wouldn't expect too much. The best part is my "FREE" BBQ,. ;)

Come on man, how could anything top a chance to spend the day with Lamont... and did you say FREE BBQ????:yes:

The Owners Event page does give an overview:

Goodie Pack from BRP on check-in
ST Demo Rides
Guided Group Rides ( I gt to help with this part!!!):thumbup:
Customization Show
Give Away Prize to Next Year's European Owner's Event

If anything like last year, the food will be great and plentiful, BRP Reps to talk with, local Dealer with the department store and more.
And, it does say that the final agenda will be emailed to the registered email address you use to sign up...

This June 13 and 14 marks the sixth anniversary of one of the most fun and exciting Can-Am Spyder events in North America! And, to celebrate the sixth year of holding this event, we are heading back to the location of one of our most successful owner events: Maggie Valley. The feedback was overwhelming and positive – you wanted to head back to the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee. So, come join fellow Can-Am Spyder owners and officials from BRP and enjoy everything the area has to offer – including unmatched vistas over every bend of the road. Register for the event for food, fun and fellowship with Spyder owners just like you!

And, if you haven't had a chance to ride the brand-new Can-Am Spyder ST (http://www.spyder.brp.com/spyder-st/overview), you will have a chance as demo rides will be avaiable on site.

For more information on what to explore in the area, please visit the following link: Maggie Valley Tourism Office (http://maggievalley.org/index-welcome.html)

The center of activities will be the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds. (http://www.maggievalleyfestivalgrounds.org/)

The agenda is nearly finalized, and will be e-mailed to your registration e-mail address when it is completed. We also will post it here on this sign-up page. Everyone at BRP is very excited for this year's event and we cannot wait to see each of you in June! Like last year, we also will be giving away a trip to next year's European Spyder Owner Event.

If you are interested in participating in the Can-Am Spyder customization contest, please fill this contest entry form (http://www.cvent.com/events/can-am-spyder-owners-event/custom-17-b4fefbc8d2474db69b3a6daa6cfc8609.aspx). There will be two categories this year. Best paint, and best overall customization. Each category will be explained in detail on the entry form.

For group rides, we will have several guided rides available for you and your fellow riders that will range from short to all-day. We also have several other suggested routes for you as well! You will have a complete map and schedule in your registration packet.

Register now (https://www.cvent.com/events/can-am-spyder-owners-event/registration-b4fefbc8d2474db69b3a6daa6cfc8609.aspx?r=39813d3b-4bdd-4f1b-9e61-fb24e4e30541)