PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Clutch and Issue With My Lights

MRH
05-01-2013, 12:02 AM
I do love my Spyder, but it does require attention.

Before I take it in for service, I'd like to see if anybody else has had these issues so I can give my dealer some guidance on possible causes of two (unrelated) issues I'm having with my 2010 RT.

1 - The clutch is starting to have some difficulty shifting (I have an SE5). It is much more common when the bike is cold. When I slow down, it auto-downshifts in such as way that I really feel the jolt of the gears shifting (normally I don't notice), and sometimes fails to fully downshift to first. When I shift gears up (and I usually shift around 4500+ RPMs), it also jolts (very much like I shifted at too-low RPMs). This issue generally goes away after I've been riding a while.

2 - When my fog light switch is on, the fog lights work intermittently and other lights (headlights and turn signals) flash on on and off (I was riding with somebody else today who caught that - there doesn't seem to be a pattern). With the fog lights switched off, there isn't yet an issue I know about.

Neither of these issues are consistent, so I'm hoping that more info will make it easier for my dealer to find and fix.

Thanks for any advice or thoughts in advance!

kermie
05-01-2013, 05:07 AM
i had people tell me the same thing about my lights going on and off while driving. usualy the one's that say this are on other bikes when they look in their mirror's and see this. what is happening is your light's look like there turning on and off when there not actually, it's because there LED lamp's which give this effect of turning on and offf to someone ahead of you looking back in there mirrors. drive at night one time when it's dark and you'll notice that they don't do anything, there fine. it's just an optical effect the people in front are seeing

MRH
05-01-2013, 09:05 AM
i had people tell me the same thing about my lights going on and off while driving. usualy the one's that say this are on other bikes when they look in their mirror's and see this. what is happening is your light's look like there turning on and off when there not actually, it's because there LED lamp's which give this effect of turning on and offf to someone ahead of you looking back in there mirrors. drive at night one time when it's dark and you'll notice that they don't do anything, there fine. it's just an optical effect the people in front are seeing

In this case, it also applies to the turn signals on the mirrors, and doesn't show to the other rider when I don't have the fog lights switched on, so I don't think that's the issue here, unfortunately.