PDA

View Full Version : Curious on who Virginia Spyder Owners have for insurance company

spyder-dude
04-30-2013, 08:15 PM
I have had Allstate for the past 5 years on my 2 other spyders. But since getting my 2013 Spyder ST the rates are absolutely ridiculous and looking for a better insurance company that really rates the spyder correctly.

Just curious who you are using, what type of coverage and how much you pay.....

You can reply here, send me a PM or email me at spyderdude@me.com

Thanks,

Shawn

muleman1
04-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Spyder-Dude, I don't know if it's available in your area, but you might want to try Foremost.
We're newbies, and they beat the next closest competitor by almost $300/yr.

Good luck,

daveinva
05-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Had GEICO car insurance when I bought the Spyder in 2011. Added the Spyder to my policy, it cost me $1000 (!) to insure it up here in NoVa. First insured bike, bought on a loan (i.e. needed comprehensive coverage, plus I max out a lot of medical), urban area, etc. I shopped both GEICO and Progressive and they were both identical in price.

In 2012 I compared GEICO and Progressive again. GEICO went down to ~$875, Progressive was $600. Switched to Progressive.

Next year I'll shop around again, but I prefer to do it online, so my comparison options may be limited (Allstate and State Farm make you call a human being for motorcycle coverage, I don't have time for such 20th century silliness :joke:).

Dragonfly
05-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Just bought my RT last month and went with Riders insurance co @456.00 full coverage. Check them out at riders.com for online quote.:clap:

Sorry, should have posted URL http://www.rider.com/ fairly new insurance company and only currently available in a handfull of states along the east coast

Blue Star
05-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Just bought my RT last month and went with Riders insurance co @456.00 full coverage. Check them out at riders.com for online quote.:clap:

Can you post a better link? I typed in Riders.com and got a hobby shop.

Never mind, no coverage in California.

Blue Star
05-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Can you post a better link? I typed in Riders.com and got a hobby shop.

Never mind, I found it @ rider.com.

Yfactor
05-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Have State Farm on both RT and RS and pay around $600 on RT and $500 on RS and $29 on 622 trailer.

Dragonfly
05-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Have State Farm on both RT and RS and pay around $600 on RT and $500 on RS and $29 on 622 trailer.

I was introduced to Rider at Honda House on Hull St. annual $451 on my RT-S Limited

Biggdogg22
05-13-2013, 09:29 PM
I have had Allstate for the past 5 years on my 2 other spyders. But since getting my 2013 Spyder ST the rates are absolutely ridiculous and looking for a better insurance company that really rates the spyder correctly.

Just curious who you are using, what type of coverage and how much you pay.....

You can reply here, send me a PM or email me at spyderdude@me.com

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn check out www.rider.com (http://www.rider.com). I pay $378 a year for my 2013 RT Limited. Reggie

SpyRyd
05-14-2013, 02:38 AM
Looks like Rider is your best bet. I had USAA on both my Harley's before i traded/sold them. USAA stopped insuring MC in VA, why I don't know. USAA has partnered with Progressive who wanted over $800 to insure my 12RT Ltd. Went with GEICO...first year cost was $644; second year premium dropped to $470 so I renewed with them. If GEICO keeps dropping the premium I'll most likely keep renewing.

spyder-dude
05-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I ended up getting my local agent Old Dominion Insurance Agency, Inc who has been in business for over 25 years to get me better insurance that I previously had for more than 1/2 of the previous rate with Allstate on my new 2013 STS.

They got me $500k coverage instead of the $100k. Also includes extra medical coverage and the yearly policy is $260.......compared to Allstate that was almost $700.

If you are in Virginia and want to get a quote from them contact Joel or Rebecca at Old Dominion Insurance Agency, Inc at 540-248-4000. rebecca@olddominion.net or joel@olddominion.net

Tell them that Shawn Scott referred you.

Sincerely,

Shawn Scott
spyderdude@me.com

Questions
05-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Hate to post this after reading all your posts, but i got Progressive, only my spyder and it $12.00mo, live in NC, work in VA.:yikes:

spyder-dude
05-15-2013, 08:25 PM
I would love to see the details of your coverage. Lowest price isnt always the best as a lot of states have VERY low minimum requirements that are just not enough. Please list your coverages included or send me a PM with it and I will help you compare properly.

SpyRyd
05-16-2013, 03:16 AM
Hate to post this after reading all your posts, but i got Progressive, only my spyder and it $12.00mo, live in NC, work in VA.:yikes:

Where you "garage" your Spyder has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. That's not only true from state to state but within a state as well. Like I posted earlier, Progressive wanted over $800 for basically the same coverage I got from GEICO for almost a couple hundred less.