PDA

View Full Version : Replacing 2010 Rt-s Headlight bulbs

rolinfaz
04-30-2013, 04:53 PM
I am trying to replace my headlight bulbs. However, I am having trouble REMOVING THE MIRROR... I watched the video on this forum but I cant seem to pop it off like in the video. Any advice?? Thaanks!

rolinfaz
04-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Got it! Had to go old school Mike Tyson on it. Thought it was going to break.......

NancysToy
04-30-2013, 05:30 PM
A tiny bit of lubricant on each latch peg will make it easier next time. I use a light smear of silicone grease.

rolinfaz
04-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Silicone yes! Thanks! I will go back and touch it up with silicone. Man, it was tough! Shower time....:yes:

gnirtsnod
04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
I am trying to replace my headlight bulbs. However, I am having trouble REMOVING THE MIRROR... I watched the video on this forum but I cant seem to pop it off like in the video. Any advice?? Thaanks!

Oh please, let me answer this one! I begged for help on the forum and finally discovered how to do it...and the other posters are right - it's easy...the second time!!!

Holding the base of the mirror where it attaches to the bike, rap upward on the outside edge of the mirror (the narrow end of the mirror). If both lower pins don't release from the mirror, hold your hand on top of the mirror and place your fingers under the bottom edge of the mirror, where the mirror meets the bike, and give a firm yank upwards. The pins should release and the mirror should lift of the top pin. Disconnect the wiring and be sure that when re-installing, put some lubricant on the pins.

The lubricant plus knowing the specifics of the mirror connection will make the second time a snap.