PDA

View Full Version : F1 windshield

J-Dub70
05-20-2008, 06:23 PM
OK - I've had it with feeling like I'm behind a tornado when I ride. I'm ready to put something on my Spyder that will do more than just keep the bugs off the back of my gauge cluster. I'm ready to pull the trigger on an F1 windshield, but I can't decide on light smoke or dark smoke. Can anyone offer any advice or pictures? I've checked the website and looked at every picture I can find, but they usually aren't labeled so I'm not sure which model I'm looking at.

Thanks guys and gals,
Jon W. #595

spyder-dude
05-20-2008, 06:36 PM
The big thing that you have to look at is your height and if you don't mind looking through the windshield. I got a light smoked other brand first and didn't like it at all. I just got the Evo II clear and is much better. I am 6'4" and will always be looking through the windshield. I am only planning on using this windshield when on longer trips and will always use the stock one around town.

Marcel July
05-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Hello Jon,
if you don't know, what color will work better for you, I just could send you 2 Color Examples to look at
if you want. I may will help you decide where to go.
Will be no problem to do that for you. :bigthumbsup:
Thanks and regards,
Marcel

jeuchler
05-20-2008, 08:36 PM
OK - I've had it with feeling like I'm behind a tornado when I ride. I'm ready to put something on my Spyder that will do more than just keep the bugs off the back of my gauge cluster. I'm ready to pull the trigger on an F1 windshield, but I can't decide on light smoke or dark smoke. Can anyone offer any advice or pictures? I've checked the website and looked at every picture I can find, but they usually aren't labeled so I'm not sure which model I'm looking at...

There are other better pics on this messageboard, Jon, but I just received my dark smoke F1 from Marcel today. The fit was perfect, the look of the dark smoke complemented the black/silver (yes, it is tall), and I was able to see over it fine at 6 feet 2 inches tall.

Took it for a quick ride tonight up to Vermont, got things up around 75mph. It was 55 degrees here, and I was experimenting with having my visor up! I noticed just how much wind I wasn't getting on my chest due to the amount I WAS getting on my legs.I also liked that the curves of the shield broke up the light reflected off the instruments and my GPS, so there wasn't a distracting image on the rear of the shield, which I do have on my dark smoke shield (not Marcel's) on my Katana. I'm probably not going to bother taking it off for around town riding until maybe the dog days of summer.

Anyhow, here are a couple cel phone pics:

http://www.6impossible.com/spyder/spyderf1.jpg

http://www.6impossible.com/spyder/spyderf1b.jpg

Marcel July
05-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Hello John
nice pictures, :bigthumbsup:. Looks very nice.
I am glad, that you like your new F1 Windshield. :congrats:
I did not know, that it it still that coooooold in Clarksburg.
Question:
Would you send me some pictures with you
on your bike? If you don't mind, I will use them for the SpyderWindshields.com website.
Would be great.
Thanks a lot and
Regards
Marcel

jeuchler
05-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Hello John
nice pictures, :bigthumbsup:. Looks very nice.
I am glad, that you like your new F1 Windshield. :congrats:
I did not know, that it it still that coooooold in Clarksburg.
Question:
Would you send me some pictures with you
on your bike? If you don't mind, I will use them for the SpyderWindshields.com website.
Would be great.
Thanks a lot and
Regards
Marcel

I'll get a real camera and take better photos than those cel phone pictures above, Marcel, though my silver Spyder looks pretty much like your silver Spyder with the dark smoke F1 shield!

And yes, still unusually chilly here: Mid 30's this morning, might snow tonight in the high elevations. Seriously.

Danimal
05-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Make sure and take some side profile photos of you sitting on your Spyder and send them to Marcel.... that way he can better fit the shield to you. I got an F1 @ 24" tall because I'm only 5'8".... but I have short legs.... the riser block.... and sit very upright...and have a large helmet...... so I basically sit like I'm 6' tall.

Marcel is making an Evo for me that will be 28" tall without the vents that should do the trick.