PDA

View Full Version : Watch out, they are trying to kill us....

febail
04-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Wanted to tell all of you a little story about driving on the Los Angeles freeways.

While driving home this afternoon on the 405 Northbound, It felt like I drove over a little dip and looked in my mirror to see a 18 Wheeler very close to me. So I said to myself, "Self, maybe that was a little wind buffeting".

I drove another 5 miles and decide to make a quick stop before getting home. I get off the bike and take a look at my rear left hard bag which has a little tire rash on it.

The trucks must not have seen me till the last moment and after the quick touch swerved in behind me.

The damage is minor, it snapped the pot metal on the left rear passenger peg support ($74.00 online) and also bent one of the hard bag support.

I've got it all apart, and all I can do is be thankful I have all my parts.

Thanks for taking the time reading this, and alway remember that even if we we do everything right it can be over in a flash...

Chupaca
04-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Your spot on...as a kid I thought mothers and teachers had eyes in the back of their heads. Wish I had inherited those...!! Glad it was minor and you are fine...!! :gaah:

Motorcycledave
04-30-2013, 12:26 AM
The 5 to 405 to 101 south area is not a fun place to ride anything except for maybe an armored truck....:yikes:
Glad you only got a small nuge from that truck it could have been way way more serious.
Ride Safe :thumbup:
Dave

Your spot on...as a kid I thought mothers and teachers had eyes in the back of their heads. Wish I had inherited those...!! Glad it was minor and you are fine...!! :gaah:

MickeyFisher
04-30-2013, 12:35 AM
Yikes! Glad you're ok. I've had a couple of close calls out here (I'm on the 5 more often) but never that close!

missouriboy
04-30-2013, 04:39 AM
Y'know, in a long-hood tractor like a Peterbilt the driver couldn't even see a spYder in front of it, or in the lane to the right, unless you were a loooong way ahead of it. I wonder how far?

To all ryders, be very wary of tall trucks close behind, because just maybe the driver doesn't even know you are there! :yikes:

Bob Ledford
04-30-2013, 06:45 AM
Another valid reason to ride invisible

SpyderWolf
04-30-2013, 07:06 AM
Wow! I am very glad there was only minor damage and you were not injured in the exchange. I couldn't imagine having that happen.