PDA

View Full Version : Owners Event - Group Rydes - Last call for feedback & suggestions....

GnA
04-29-2013, 10:14 PM
If you missed the last post, I'll be coordinating the group Rydes for BRP for the Owners Event again this year.
We already received some positive feedback and great suggestions.... thank you!

So far, the plan is to have 3-4 choices for guided rydes on Thursday and Friday scheduled around the other BRP activities (Thurs Dinner and Fri lunch) and perhaps a "practice" ryde or two on Tues / Weds for those getting into the area early. :thumbup:

The top suggested rides to date are (not in order of popularity):

- BRP Ryde - (Blue Ridge Parkway - the abbreviated version)
- Cherohala Skyway
- Great Smokey Mtn Nat'l Park / Gattlinburg (pancake run / window shopping)
- Great Easy Waterfall Ride
- Ride to Highlands (ice-cream / shopping ride)
- Wheels Through Time Museum (the other way to get there)
- The Snake
- Dragon
- The Rattler
- The Giraffe
- The Axolotl
- The Mongoose
- The Peek-A-Poo
- The list goes on

Yes, there is that much good ryding in the area.
If you would please... cast your vote for the top three or four that you might like to ryde and/or make a suggestion for another.

Thanks for your help!!!:thumbup:

G

Daisyjoe
04-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohola Skyway, Dragon and Foothills Pkwy.

SDM
04-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Bridal Veil Falls, unless that's included in the Waterfalls ride:clap:

Firefly
04-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Whatever you choose, it would be helpful to post the routes and/or the GPS info out here. This will help many plan on what rides to do, and for those of us that would prefer to do the rides in smaller groups or alone.

GloryRyders
04-30-2013, 05:33 AM
The Waterfalls and the Dragon! See everyone in June!:yes:

arntufun
04-30-2013, 05:51 AM
DRAGON !!!!!!!!!:doorag:

SpyderWolf
04-30-2013, 07:02 AM
There are so many good rides available it is really hard to choose. I have been to a few waterfalls, but would like to see more if there are more to see. Combining Cherohala Skyway with The Dragon makes for a nice loop with a possible lunch stop in Tellico Plains. I will be more than happy to go on any of the routes instead of spending my time hunting down a new battery. :thumbup:

Hberninger
04-30-2013, 07:28 AM
I'm open to any of them.

daveinva
04-30-2013, 07:50 AM
- The Snake
- Dragon
- The Rattler
- The Giraffe
- The Axolotl
- The Mongoose
- The Peek-A-Poo
- The list goes on

Okay, I know the Dragon... what (and where) the heck are these other roads? Clueless minds want to know...

Trickie Dick
04-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Whatever you choose, it would be helpful to post the routes and/or the GPS info out here. This will help many plan on what rides to do, and for those of us that would prefer to do the rides in smaller groups or alone.
:agree::2thumbs:

GuitarPlayer
04-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Blue Ridge Parkway
Great Easy Waterfall

Tony

GnA
04-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Okay, I know the Dragon... what (and where) the heck are these other roads? Clueless minds want to know...

Hi Dave - I've been waiting for someone to ask... the snake and rattler are other "named" rides in the area.
I threw in the others (not real) just to see if anyone was paying attention!!!! :clap:

Google up "Axolotl" it's a cute looking little creature!!!

SpyderWolf
04-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi Dave - I've been waiting for someone to ask... the snake and rattler are other "named" rides in the area.
I threw in the others (not real) just to see if anyone was paying attention!!!! :clap:

Google up "Axolotl" it's a cute looking little creature!!!

I was wondering about some of them, but they have so many different named rides in the area I figured you knew way more about it than I do. :thumbup:

harrypottar
04-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Never been to Maggie Vally so would like to ride the Dragon, the Rattler, baby back ribs and any other odd sounding road. Going to enjoy myself no matter what...

as I missed Spyderfest looking forward to this one and spyderquest

harry

GnA
04-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Never been to Maggie Vally so would like to ride the Dragon, the Rattler, baby back ribs and any other odd sounding road. Going to enjoy myself no matter what...

as I missed Spyderfest looking forward to this one and spyderquest

harry

Okay... I'm really liking the idea of a baby back ribs ride!!!! :thumbup:

Cavman
04-30-2013, 05:11 PM
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/

asp125
04-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Okay... I'm really liking the idea of a baby back ribs ride!!!! :thumbup:

Wait, are you planning a ryde or lunch? :D

cjackg
04-30-2013, 06:42 PM
1. MoonShiner 28 .... http://www.moonshiner28.com/

2. Wayah Road to Nantahala Lake..... http://www.stayandplayinthesmokies.com/vendor/wayah-road-franklin-to-nantahala-nc/

cgistudio
04-30-2013, 08:13 PM
make that 2 of us for Dragon and Waterfall ........

SpyderWolf
04-30-2013, 08:23 PM
1. MoonShiner 28 .... http://www.moonshiner28.com/

2. Wayah Road to Nantahala Lake..... http://www.stayandplayinthesmokies.com/vendor/wayah-road-franklin-to-nantahala-nc/

I have done both of those and they are excellent runs as well.

MouthPiece
04-30-2013, 08:43 PM
For those of you who would like to see waterfalls (and smell the roses in so doing), Transylvania County in North Carolina probably has more waterfalls than any other county in the U.S. There is a great book entitled North Carolina Waterfalls, "A hiking and photography guide" by Kevin Adams. I highly recommend.

Mr. Adams has included directions on how to get to these waterfalls. (although some of these directions are left to one's imagination). I was able to find most of them a few years back. I honestly think it would take you about three days to sufficiently cover all of them, and even then I'd bet money that there would be some left to be seen.

Anywho, I just thought I'd throw my two cents worth in.

Chris

GnA
04-30-2013, 09:01 PM
For those of you who would like to see waterfalls (and smell the roses in so doing), Transylvania County in North Carolina probably has more waterfalls than any other county in the U.S. There is a great book entitled North Carolina Waterfalls, "A hiking and photography guide" by Kevin Adams. I highly recommend.

Mr. Adams has included directions on how to get to these waterfalls. (although some of these directions are left to one's imagination). I was able to find most of them a few years back. I honestly think it would take you about three days to sufficiently cover all of them, and even then I'd bet money that there would be some left to be seen.

Chris

Hi Chris - Yeah, we probably won't have enough time to smell every rose, but we will try to pick a good section to sample.

Are you coming to the OE??? Maybe you'd like to be a Ryde Guide for this one... PM me if you are interested!!! ;)

viperryder
05-01-2013, 08:02 AM
:clap:Cherola Hwy, dragon, wheels thru time (wife will LOVE this)and snake. Thanks :yes::yes::yes:

cjackg
05-01-2013, 06:15 PM

Chris

Lets see, seems I remember growing up in Brevard in Translyvania County... Yes there were waterfalls everywhere and the movie "ThunderRoad" was filmed there near Toxaway falls while I was in school...
Chris, Let me know before you head up there...

Jack

GnA
05-04-2013, 01:29 AM
If you missed the last post, I'll be coordinating the group Rydes for BRP for the Owners Event again this year.
We already received some positive feedback and great suggestions.... thank you!

So far, the plan is to have 3-4 choices for guided rydes on Thursday and Friday scheduled around the other BRP activities (Thurs Dinner and Fri lunch) and perhaps a "practice" ryde or two on Tues / Weds for those getting into the area early. :thumbup:

The top suggested rides to date are (not in order of popularity):

- BRP Ryde - (Blue Ridge Parkway - the abbreviated version)
- Cherohala Skyway
- Great Smokey Mtn Nat'l Park / Gattlinburg (pancake run / window shopping)
- Great Easy Waterfall Ride
- Ride to Highlands (ice-cream / shopping ride)
- Wheels Through Time Museum (the other way to get there)
- The Snake
- Dragon
- The Rattler
- The Giraffe
- The Axolotl
- The Mongoose
- The Peek-A-Poo
- The list goes on

Yes, there is that much good ryding in the area.
If you would please... cast your vote for the top three or four that you might like to ryde and/or make a suggestion for another.

Thanks for your help!!!:thumbup:

G

I'd like to thank everyone who posted, PM'd, or emailed me their suggestions for the group rydes at the Owners Event. I'm confident that we are going to have some really good rydes and a lot of fun.

i am still looking for a few more individuals to be a part of the Ryde Crew... (To lead and sweep the group rydes) so if you would like to nominate yourself or someone you know who would want to help out, please feel free to PM or email me at George.iride@gmail.com

Thanks again,
G

Yelhelp
05-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Never been to the area but looking forward to what ever comes about. :yes:

:yes::yes:
I'd like to thank everyone who posted, PM'd, or emailed me their suggestions for the group rydes at the Owners Event. I'm confident that we are going to have some really good rydes and a lot of fun.

i am still looking for a few more individuals to be a part of the Ryde Crew... (To lead and sweep the group rydes) so if you would like to nominate yourself or someone you know who would want to help out, please feel free to PM or email me at George.iride@gmail.com

Thanks again,
G

Grandpa Spyder
05-05-2013, 05:17 AM
Put me down for the Dragon.