PDA

View Full Version : VIBRATION

Ronbo
04-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Anyone found front wheels or tires to be out of balance and causing vibration at highway speed? I realize that some vibration from two cylinder is normal.
Thanks in advance for your help!

asp125
04-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Anyone found front wheels or tires to be out of balance and causing vibration at highway speed? I realize that some vibration from two cylinder is normal.

Yes, but you can usually tell if it's tires, they will vibrate most noticeably at a certain speed. Either by clutching in and letting the thing coast through that speed, or running at that speed in two different gears. If the vibration doesn't change, then it's probably something from the axles on out to the wheels. Worn bearings might also do the same thing.

On the tire balancing issue, has anyone run Dynabeads instead of wheel weights on their Spyder? I've used them on my streetbike off and on over the years but not the Spyder yet.

bullant12
04-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Also verify the road condition. One of the roads getting out of my subdivision has many "humps" and it makes my front end vibrate. By the time I hit mayor highways, it is smooth as a Swiss automatic clock.

boborgera
04-29-2013, 03:08 PM

Are you sure what you feel; Is belt harmonics, and not balancing vibration.? :dontknow:

SpyderWolf
04-29-2013, 03:12 PM
On the tire balancing issue, has anyone run Dynabeads instead of wheel weights on their Spyder? I've used them on my streetbike off and on over the years but not the Spyder yet.

Have not run with the Dynabeads, but have used Ride-On without wheel weights for years with no balancing issues. We use the automotive formula of Ride-On in the Spyder tires. I am pretty sure Dynabeads would do the trick as well.

Since these are belt driven there is also belt harmonic issues at certain RPMs, which will likely vary for each Spyder.