PDA

View Full Version : Broken rear fender mounts - Good news

ChasingWind
04-28-2013, 11:26 PM
Good news

Thanks to Clem's Enumclaw Powersports in Enumclaw WA and Can - Am ---I got my rear fender mounts replaced for free (parts only) on a 2008 and 2nd owner, out of warranty......

Good Job --Can-Am for standing behind your product and Thank You Clem's for the great customer service.

Allen Beeler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chupaca
04-29-2013, 12:21 AM
there is allot of brp bashing that goes on and with reason I'm sure. But they also come through for their customers more often than not. This is seldom mentioned. Thanks for the post..!! :thumbup:

lmfarmer94
04-29-2013, 06:38 AM
Great to hear

NoJive
04-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Very good to hear!

iSpy
08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Yesterday ordered new set of rear fender brackets w/fasteners from BRP. Wonder how I can get refund? Anyone tried mounting with rubber or something to reduce vibration. When these unexpectedly break there is a real danger of accident, yours or someone else. (Now always carry Gorilla tape, makes nice temporary repair.)

CyncySpyder
08-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Yesterday ordered new set of rear fender brackets w/fasteners from BRP. Wonder how I can get refund?

Personally, I really doubt you have any hope in getting a refund for something already bought :(

Most issues like the OP sited are handled on an individual case by case basis & the Warranty Disclaimer clearly states what is & is not covered & the time period of that coverage.

Most anything outside that scope, barring something related to a recall or Critical Safety Related (like the NHTSA getting involved) and its on the owners dime.

There is always the option of bringing your issue up with your dealer & depending on your relationship with your dealer, and if they think your issue 'should' be covered & they want to do whatever they can to make you, their customer Happy, then they can always call BRP & ask to have a certain issue or part covered, even tho its technically Out Of Warranty, and depending on the individual circumstances, BRP will either approve or deny the claim. If they approve it, they consider it a 'Courtesy Coverage' denoting its done out of the actual scope of the warranty language and more along the lines of Customer Satisfaction & Retention.

If however, you don't have much of a relationship with your dealer, then there's really not much in it for them to 'Go To Bat' (so to speak) for you, and I've personally witnessed a few ppl that didn't really have a relationship with the dealer and they brought an issue up similar to the one we're discussing here, and the Service Manager just quoted the Warranty Language along with an apology. I've also witnessed others with good relationships with their dealer (like from buying multiple 'toys' from their dealership) and the dealer would bend over backwards to try and help them in any way they can, in essence 'Going To Bat' for them with BRP & trying to convince BRP its in their best interest to cover it as a 'Courtesy' or whatever they can do for customer satisfaction & retention.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but its reality. You take care of them, they'll do what they can (within reason) to take care of you.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying its this way with every dealer in the country, just explaining what my personal experience has been with dealing with various Dealerships thru the MidWest & East Coast these past 3 years & 2 different Spyders. Teddy & I wish you luck ;)

myronmathis
08-09-2013, 08:18 PM
when they have to replace an engine under warranty does BRP warranty cover the labor involved?

ChasingWind
08-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Hmm don't know what your asking?