PDA

View Full Version : PittBull Relocators?

TexasSpyder
04-28-2013, 05:42 PM
I can't seem to find a thread that shows the price for the Shock relocators......Help please.

J. D.

KAPike
04-28-2013, 05:44 PM
I paid $189 installed at PittBull. I don't know if that was a SpyderFest special.

TexasSpyder
04-28-2013, 05:55 PM
I paid $189 installed at PittBull. I don't know if that was a SpyderFest special.

Are you running stock shocks or elkas? Your opinion?

J. D.

KAPike
04-28-2013, 06:05 PM
I took the BIG plunge. I did Pittbull relocation brackets, Elka Stage 1+R and the Bajaron Anti-sway bar. I know I dropped some serious coin, but I've got to tell you the 600 mile ride home (300 of it in the rain) was some of the best riding I've ever had. The front end sticks and when you get stuck behind a semi or along side one there is NO front end movement. It's feels really stable and secure.

J. D.

cjackg
04-28-2013, 06:35 PM
I heard comments at Spyderfest that you dont need the Swaybar upgrade if you get Elkas and the new brackets.... I believe this is seriously wrong as the shocks and the swaybar do distinctly different things. Look back at some of BajaRons posts explaining suspension systems for very clear explanations on this topic!

I have been running Elka's, and prototyped the new Swaybar on my Rt for Ron last year.
I had the new brackets installed at SpyderFest and am still trying to figure out if they made any significant difference...

Elembytes
04-28-2013, 09:15 PM
We also have now done the Swaybar and the Elkas Stage 1 plus and the shock relocate.

The shocks were relocated when we bought the bike but Len looked at it today and said they were not placed where he'd liked to have seen them. This was PRIOR to the official new Re-locator brackets that he has now. He said the new brackets even strengthens the front end. The Relocate puts things in closer to how the 2013's are now sitting. So today we plopped down some more $$$ and the unit sits up another couple of inches and with all three things working together---it was WELL worth the investment.

Heck, my bumpskid doesn't even touch the trailer loading gate anymore---wow!

The ride is stable- no more roll and lean----just such a pleasure----I could go one but then it would be rambling! ;)

jthornton
04-29-2013, 08:15 AM

J. D.

I installed the BajaRon sway bar kit first and the improvement in handling was huge. Over steer exiting from corners all but vanished. I did put the stock shocks on 4 sometime after installing the sway bar.

Next I installed the Pitt Bull shock relocators and noticed better (more stable) handling on the highway in traffic in the turbulent zone around other vehicles and better control in corners.

Next I had the Elka stage 1 + R shocks installed while at SpyderFest and the feel is very solid and predicable under all conditions.

We went on the Vet and Venture ride after getting the Elka's installed and the handling was superb.

Would I do it again? Yep.

JT