PDA

View Full Version : Taking a SPYDER for a test drive on WEDS at my dealer CAN AM is there

musketd
04-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Anything I need to know guys. Just got my motorcycle permit. First time in 15 years. I vowed when I was younger I would never ride again, because my first bike almost cost me my life, but these seem to be a lot safer and better for me. I am debating between a 2012 and a 2013. My wife is set up for a test drive too; we are going to share it. Excited and nervous all at the same time. They are not cheap, but I would like a new one so I can get the warranty. Just figured a test drive would be the best thing to do; to see if I like it. :yikes:

spydaman60
04-28-2013, 03:49 PM
if the dealer lets you take a three hour test drive, you'll find out what ryding the spyder is really like. there is no way that you will fall in love with it in a mere fifteen minutes or less. the learning curve on a spyder is a couple of hundred miles at least. don't overdrive it, it will go where you want it to without horsing it around. take it easy, and enjoy the machine.

ARtraveler
04-28-2013, 03:51 PM
:agree: Good advice above. Get the one that feels right to you. :thumbup:

ChrisSpyder11
04-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Anything I need to know guys. Just got my motorcycle permit. First time in 15 years. I vowed when I was younger I would never ride again, because my first bike almost cost me my life, but these seem to be a lot safer and better for me. I am debating between a 2012 and a 2013. My wife is set up for a test drive too; we are going to share it. Excited and nervous all at the same time. They are not cheap, but I would like a new one so I can get the warranty. Just figured a test drive would be the best thing to do; to see if I like it. :yikes:

As for what to know - well, good advice above you won't fall in love with it in 15 minutes. I knew I would eventually fall in love with it after riding it more so I bought it. Shop around, don't just choose a color based on what they have in stock, and learn, learn, learn. If the dealer can't answer your questions, go elsewhere.

Chupaca
04-29-2013, 12:16 PM
I was in love at first sight..I only drove one in the parking lot then rode it home...make sure you take your check book and negotiate for the 2012 if price is an issue. You will not notice the difference if your not an old pro on roadsters. We have an RS 2012 and made some changes as funds allowed. Good luck and see you soon with pic's...:ohyea:

Bob Ledford
04-29-2013, 01:11 PM
When you take your test ride be sure to take it on every type of riding surface that you can. Be sure to include stop n go traffic, bumpy and smooth roads, roads with high and no crown. If you can find a asphalt road that has some age to it and has a constant change in pitch to it be sure to try it.

to further enhance you ride let yourself get sort of stressed and when you feel it coming on tell yourself to relax your grip on the handle bars and sit back open your fisted grip and remove a hand at a time. Shake them out, relax then just lay them on the bars and get back up to speed and then you can really notice how easy it is too enjoy a Spyder.

Don't forget you do not have to counter steer the Spyder!

Enjoy your test/demo ride and come back and tell us if you enjoyed yourself and what you think of it!

SPYD1
04-29-2013, 01:37 PM
All good advice.

Linda8802
04-29-2013, 01:55 PM
I don't know about that. I went to a resturant and was admiring one. The driver came out and we started talking. He told me to take it for a test drive. Afer much convincing, I did. I took it for a 5 min. test run and I was hooked for life. I bought one within the next week and been in love ever since.

bcoulter19
04-29-2013, 02:49 PM
I actually went to the beach and rented 2 for my wife and myself for 24 hours. we had a ball. We knew then we were going to get one and 2 weeks later had a great deal fall in our laps and never looked back. 2010 Blue RS SE5 only had 97 miles on it. I bought it used from an individual and got it for less than $15,000 in 2010.

Tin Man
04-29-2013, 03:40 PM
If you take out a 2012 RT have the dealer put the front shock setting to 4 0r 5 and increase the psi in the front tires to around 20 and it will feel a lot tighter in the turns.

Spyderrs1
04-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Also have to disagree ..I took my first test drive on Sunday for about fifteen min thru some roads with a fair amount of turns and straights. I am know actively looking for a good deal on a RS SE5. :D

ctpaddler2000
04-30-2013, 01:54 PM
If possible I would recommend test driving the RT and RS.