PDA

View Full Version : Trip Meter Troubles

Pennyrick
04-27-2013, 10:10 AM
My wife and head out on our RT's first thing Monday for our first long trip of the year but she just discovered her trip meter isn't working. I checked it out this morning and neither the A nor the B trip recorder is recording. Once it is re-set nothing happens as both meters stay at zero.

Unfortunately the tech at our dealer has taken the weekend off. Does anyone know of a way to reset the trip meter on an RT other than just selecting 'erase' on the menu?

SPYDER Mike
04-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Check and see if they are on pause? I've done that before......

Pennyrick
04-27-2013, 10:55 AM

Oh Boy, do I feel stupid. I never use the trip meter but she tracks mileage for fill ups using it. I never use it regularly and I thought if 'Pause' was showing that it meant 'no activity', so I kept pressing the arrow thinking that would make it resume when I actually needed to leave it alone.

I guess reading the manual would have helped out too.

Sorry to be such an idiot!

SPYDER Mike
04-27-2013, 11:10 AM
You're not an idiot. It's just one of those things, been there done that!!! nojoke At least it was an easy fix :thumbup:

MouthPiece
04-27-2013, 11:11 AM
Don't feel bad. I had to ask where to insert the key.

Chris

(Edited portion) I know. I know. I'm setting myself up for that one above.

ARtraveler
04-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Been there, done that, have the T-shirt. Welcome to the world of the :spyder2: :thumbup:

It is good when something can be fixed easily though. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-27-2013, 06:50 PM
That's one of the parts of the "Secret Handshake" rituals that you are now learning... All of us have done that at one time or another. During this trip to Springfield, my intention was to use "A" for fuel stops and "B" for the total cumulative mileage... until I managed to clear them both during a moment of foolishness... :gaah:

can-am sam
04-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Been there, done that.

Blue Star
04-28-2013, 12:02 AM

:agree: I did it too.

Chupaca
04-28-2013, 12:17 AM
haven't been there or done that don't know that I even have "pause" but never fear have done other dumb things..it's all in the road to mastering the roadster..if that is even possible....:roflblack: