PDA

View Full Version : After the fact - Spyderfest Eureka Springs Ride

KCPete
04-27-2013, 08:47 AM
Just wanted to give a hearty thanks to the several riders who braved the weather Friday to make the Eureka Springs ride! :yes::yes:

It was wet, it was windy in places, lunch was great :thumbup: and I think we made that guy's day in the little sports store, when we all bounced in trying to find some dry gloves!!:clap:
Besides, what's Spyderfest without some rain?? (Ok, somebody can turn off the spigot, now!!)
In case we don't get a chance to tell you in person...Safe Journeys to all - whether back home or on to more Adventures!!!

From Spyderfever (Dennis) and KCPete (Pete) Thank You!

jthornton
04-27-2013, 09:43 AM
I was wondering how that would turn out. We wanted to go but were not properly equipped for riding in the rain.

JT

murphybrown
04-27-2013, 11:26 AM
So I'm headed to Branson for a couple days and I'm going to do the ride because the sun's going to shine! :thumbup:

Elembytes
04-27-2013, 12:39 PM
I just don't know how Spyder Lover's do it, I mean ride in the rain.

I wish we had gone on the Eureka Springs ride ourselves but due to the rain we didn't go. Thankfully we trailered our Spyder to Springfield and have been staying at the Holiday Inn Express- very nice hotel but not where everyone else is obviously. Think we are the ONLY spyder owner in this hotel.

Just not sure as stated how people ride and enjoy riding in the rain. Sadly we took our truck about town yesterday, enjoyed Smallin Cave but didn't do much else.

This morning, day 2 of RAIN- sick of it and have contemplated going back towards home early but am sticking it out I guess, mainly cause the hotel is paid for.

They say the rain should be almost gone by 2:00 p.m. and it is 12:30 now. Need to put the truck and trailer back together at some point so we can depart tomorrow and head back towards KS. and Kansas City.

This has been our very first Spyderfest and it's been interesting.

A little bummed out but I'll get over it.

I do have Frog Togg pants, not the top, but just can't see the fun of riding around in the rain. Guess I am weird compared to all the other Spyder Owners who are more adventureous.

We are only 3 hours or so from Home so maybe I'll do the Eureka Springs trip some other time.

Oh well------back to work on Monday----

jthornton
04-27-2013, 02:41 PM
We have Frogg Toggs but neither me or my wife like riding in the rain on purpose. We have stayed in Eureka Springs at a bed and breakfast and had a good time visiting there.

JT

Tanshanomi
04-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Rubber overboots,waterproof gloves, Fly 2-pice rain suit, full-face helmet...we spent two days out in the rain totally snug, dry and comfortable. If you dress for it, you're fine. ...and on 3 wheels you have even less excuse! I was riding along on a Suzuki that was missing one wheel. (along with windshield, traction control, ABS, stability control, et cetera...)